Name changes coming to Magic Kingdom parking lot sections

MeandMickey

I don't want to give TDO any ideas here, but at least they are not renaming the parking areas as the $100 lot, $75 lot, $50 lot, etc... as you get farther away from the TTC. :rolleyes:

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
I am just glad they are not closing guest access to the parking lot up to 1 hour after the regular park closing like certain other things...

RSoxNo1

Will there be separate trams to the two sections? Will this make things easier at all?

"Remember kids, we're in the Itchy lot"

Tom

Beta Return
While this doesn't affect me, or really anyone for that matter, I disagree with "change for the sake of change" - especially when it costs money.

It's a shame to lose the classic parking lot names...just one more thing from my childhood melting away. But if there's a true reason behind it like the dual tram system, then it makes sense.

A "true reason" would NOT be that guests find the current system confusing, because that's bull. You park in an area, and then a row. It could be ORANGE instead of PLUTO, but it's still a word to remember (or, more appropriately, write down).

Now, if it's "change for the sake of change", that's a waste of money. Put that money in the cookie jar and save it for things like, oh, say, a bada$$ new land in one of the parks. I liken it to when a company "re-brands" themselves. They pay a million dollars to have a consultant tell them to change the hue of their logo and round off the corners...followed by changing 10,000 signs, websites, business cards and letterhead. Paying people to change the names of parking areas is a flat out waste of money.

I hope there's a serious reason and intent behind this.

Captain Chaos

New press release:

In order to look cool and hip to the texting generations, Disney decided to NOT name the sections of the parking lots to heroes and villains... Instead the new names of the parking lots are:

OMG

IDK

L8tr

<3 U

Not to leave out the older generation, Disney is saving one lot for them and that lot is going to be called: WHAT'S TEXTING????

twilight mitsuk

While this doesn't affect me, or really anyone for that matter, I disagree with "change for the sake of change" - especially when it costs money.

It's a shame to lose the classic parking lot names...just one more thing from my childhood melting away. But if there's a true reason behind it like the dual tram system, then it makes sense.

A "true reason" would NOT be that guests find the current system confusing, because that's bull. You park in an area, and then a row. It could be ORANGE instead of PLUTO, but it's still a word to remember (or, more appropriately, write down).

Now, if it's "change for the sake of change", that's a waste of money. Put that money in the cookie jar and save it for things like, oh, say, a bada$$ new land in one of the parks. I liken it to when a company "re-brands" themselves. They pay a million dollars to have a consultant tell them to change the hue of their logo and round off the corners...followed by changing 10,000 signs, websites, business cards and letterhead. Paying people to change the names of parking areas is a flat out waste of money.

I hope there's a serious reason and intent behind this.

make it easier to find your car, the drawfs all looked the same.

Tom

Beta Return
make it easier to find your car, the drawfs all looked the same.

But they still had printed names. It said you were in DOPEY lot. And the tram drivers say the name of the lot about 10 times. If people today are having trouble remembering where they parked, it's because they're stupider than they were in the past.

We have grocery stores here with parking lots so big that they put letters and numbers up on their light poles to help you find your car. No trams. No pictures. No maps. No parking attendants. Just a sea of cars and some letters. And not once have I seen someone sitting on the curb crying because they lost their car at WalMart.

Disney parking lots are just big Walmart parking lots, and they have more ways to help you find your car. It just takes an eensy weensy bit of personal responsibility to jot it down on a piece of paper and stick it in your wallet.

:brick:

twilight mitsuk

But they still had printed names. It said you were in DOPEY lot. And the tram drivers say the name of the lot about 10 times. If people today are having trouble remembering where they parked, it's because they're stupider than they were in the past.

We have grocery stores here with parking lots so big that they put letters and numbers up on their light poles to help you find your car. No trams. No pictures. No maps. No parking attendants. Just a sea of cars and some letters. And not once have I seen someone sitting on the curb crying because they lost their car at WalMart.

Disney parking lots are just big Walmart parking lots, and they have more ways to help you find your car. It just takes an eensy weensy bit of personal responsibility to jot it down on a piece of paper and stick it in your wallet.

:brick:

They see the drawf picture and assume it's the're row

Mouse Detective

At least they didn't sell the naming rights to a sponsor!
I could see the lot names now.
Coke-Diet Coke-Tab-Sprite-Fresca-Fanta-Barqs-Pibb-Mello Yello-Diet Coke with Lemon-Caffeine Free Diet Coke with Lime, etc!

BigThunderMatt

Will there be separate trams to the two sections? Will this make things easier at all?

"Remember kids, we're in the Itchy lot"

Yes. The whole point of this change was to make the guest exit experience easier. The new Heroes tram loading area at the TTC was previously a partial load area only utilized during EXTREMELY busy periods. Most of the time only what is now the Villains loading area was used, causing extensive backups during busy periods directly following a park close.

Think of it this way:

On days when the park is expected to have high attendance, both sides of the lot will be getting parked. Tram service will be running on both sides at all times. Guests parking in Peter Pan for example will never have to wait for the tram to go pick people up from Ursula before they go to the TTC. The Heroes side tram is Heroes side exclusively and the Villains side is likewise.

At the end of the night, with the way the old lot was set-up, you'd have 400+ people waiting at the same loading area for a tram to take them to every section of the parking lot that had been parked that day. Now, you'll have 200 at each loading area, only boarding trams that are going to their specific section, which means fewer stops and getting to your car faster.

The whole process may seem like a big 'why?' at first, but in the end, it's mostly just about having guests spend less time waiting to get to their cars, and more time actually GETTING there.

Texas84

My first thought was 'dumb' but now that I see it, I like it. Especially the separate tram stations. Will they let me park with Zurg?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom