Mystery Project at Epcot

jrogue

World Showcase is far from family friendly. The films are boring to most children and young adults. This leaves meet and greets for the kids and that's about it for World Showcase. I'm not counting the kid cot stations because that's a poor excuse for an exhibit.

That's not entirely true. I'm 24, my sister is 17. Ever since we were younger, she and I have loved the World Showcase and all its films and attractions. As we got older we began to actually appreciate it more. I wouldn't go so far as to say most children and young adults are bored there. There's more than just the circlevision films. There's the World Showcase Players (I've loved them for years!!), Maelstrom, the Grand Fiesta Tour, etc. There's a lot more culture that parents actually have to take the time to explain or show their kids than in, let's say, MGM, where they're spoon-fed characters.

prfctlyximprct

There's so many corporations I'd beg to sponsor a pavilion. Crayola, apple, google, coca cola, m&m mars, even like Hess or Exxon with conservation, or Harley Davidson could make the bike coaster... Ahh it's late I need to stop and go to bed haha.

PhotoDave219

I have always said this! Also why not GNC or some other big health and wellness company to revamp WoL.

I suggested a Weather Pavilion years ago. Bring in Storm Riders from Tokyo Disney Seas as the E-Ticket, partner with the NHC (or TWC!) for a Hurricane Tracking Station inside, put in a vandegraff generator show like in MOS Boston for the science and volia. Toss in a few Tornado Simulators like in Orlando Science Center for kicks and there you go...

PhotoDave219

There's so many corporations I'd beg to sponsor a pavilion. Crayola, apple, google, coca cola, m&m mars, even like Hess or Exxon with conservation, or Harley Davidson could make the bike coaster... Ahh it's late I need to stop and go to bed haha.

Exxon was a corporate partner years ago. Used to sponsor UOE. Left in 2003. CocaCola is currently one. Hess is leaving the retail market, heading to E&P so expect the gas stations to change later this year. Not sure about apple or google tho.

SirLink

This is most likely the case. Rees is a director. He did the new O! Canada film. But instead of listening to the actual interview on what is by far the best themed entertainment podcast, it seems playing Armchair Imagineer is more fun.

However he has been working on illusions for Mystic Manor @ HKDL as well...so I want to pray it is something for Imagination pavilion.

Marc Gil

Lol I remember a few years back I saw this Spanish couple in the Wonders of Life pavilion (during the Flower and Garden Festival), and they were around and about, looking through all the nooks and crannies. They came up to me and asked me,"Is there any rides in here?", I said, "Try coming back 5 years ago." They gave me an awkward face and walked away.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I suggested a Weather Pavilion years ago. Bring in Storm Riders from Tokyo Disney Seas as the E-Ticket, partner with the NHC (or TWC!) for a Hurricane Tracking Station inside, put in a vandegraff generator show like in MOS Boston for the science and volia. Toss in a few Tornado Simulators like in Orlando Science Center for kicks and there you go...

I've had this idea for years. I wonder if I got it from a post you made. If you want to sue, let me know, I'll give you my contact info.

PeterAlt

After giviving this some thought, I conclude that it has to be a clone of DLP's Ratatouille. Here's why...

Well, because, on the Cars Land thread, I was wrong. I said that Cars was the only new attraction Disney could clone for WDW, but I had totally forgotten about Ratatouille! So, there are two big new attractions that they could clone! Ratatouille for WS and RSR for DHS! And we will have the first Star Wars "land", while other DIsney parks around the world will get attractions themed from a certain franchise that starts with the letter M.

There, I made it through an entire post without ever mentioning Marvel... Oops!

SirLink

After giviving this some thought, I conclude that it has to be a clone of DLP's Ratatouille. Here's why...

Well, because, on the Cars Land thread, I was wrong. I said that Cars was the only new attraction Disney could clone for WDW, but I had totally forgotten about Ratatouille! So, there are two big new attractions that they could clone! Ratatouille for WS and RSR for DHS! And we will have the first Star Wars "land", while other DIsney parks around the world will get attractions themed from a certain franchise that starts with the letter M.

Have you listened to the interview?

mousercise

That's not entirely true. I'm 24, my sister is 17. Ever since we were younger, she and I have loved the World Showcase and all its films and attractions. As we got older we began to actually appreciate it more. I wouldn't go so far as to say most children and young adults are bored there. There's more than just the circlevision films. There's the World Showcase Players (I've loved them for years!!), Maelstrom, the Grand Fiesta Tour, etc. There's a lot more culture that parents actually have to take the time to explain or show their kids than in, let's say, MGM, where they're spoon-fed characters.
We love the learning aspect for our kids too. The cultural diversity in EPCOT really sets it apart from other parks IMO and is my kids fav park (ages 7 and 5)

misterID

It's more likely a new film to replace EO. And that's a guess on my part. The only thing that isn't a guess is that the mystery EPCOT attraction is going to be a new film

And for the record, WS isn't kid friendly. The main attraction for WS is the booze. It's the only adult park on property, really. FW used to be but it's all slowly eroding...

The addition of character m&g's in WS is kind of like adding a daycare center at a strip club. And I love how they try to shift an adult park into a family park: Let's gear EPCOT towards families, but not by investing in family attractions, oh no... Instead, let's put some characters out for kids to take pictures with while their parents get hammered. Now it's family friendly!

And every pavilion should have an attraction, like it was intended from the start.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Why is it that I am so guarded about any mystery? Could it be because of the dragon, the Limited Time Magic NYE announcement, what FLE ultimately became and now mystery late April announcement tease.

Already a tad disappointment that it seems to be singular and Epcot's Future World needs more than singular attention now, not later!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom