Mystery Project at Epcot

articos

As I'm listening to the podcast and participating in discussion here, Rees said he is working on a couple projects, not just this mystery one. Whether they all apply to Disney or not who knows. For anyone who wants to listen to the podcast I'll link the site here:
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/b/a/1/ba1b35...1ce3dae902ea1d01ce843ed8cf5b71aa&c_id=5474490

Edit: Definitely not a new Canada film. Had a meeting with Disney/TDO about this (mystery project) a couple days ago. Advocating a cinemagicque 2.0 with NG technology/elements. Here's his website he metioned in the podcast:
http://jerryrees.com/page1/page1.html

The mystery attraction listed their now is Mystic Manor. Once that opens, he'll update it to show the mystery attraction for EPCOT opening in 2015. My guess is that it has to deal with a new film attraction. Mentioned Imagination albeit in the podcast but didn't sound too convincing for me that a overhaul/redo of Imagination seems pluasible at this point. The podcast is about 1.5-2 hrs. long in time length.
New film, yes. New attraction, no.

wdwfan22

That's not entirely true. I'm 24, my sister is 17. Ever since we were younger, she and I have loved the World Showcase and all its films and attractions. As we got older we began to actually appreciate it more. I wouldn't go so far as to say most children and young adults are bored there. There's more than just the circlevision films. There's the World Showcase Players (I've loved them for years!!), Maelstrom, the Grand Fiesta Tour, etc. There's a lot more culture that parents actually have to take the time to explain or show their kids than in, let's say, MGM, where they're spoon-fed characters.

I'm not saying every kid thinks the films are boring but as someone who is in the parks all the time I have to say that the majority of today's youth are bored with World Showcases offerings. I see it on a regular basis.

PeterAlt

It's more likely a new film to replace EO. And that's a guess on my part. The only thing that isn't a guess is that the mystery EPCOT attraction is going to be a new film

And for the record, WS isn't kid friendly. The main attraction for WS is the booze. It's the only adult park on property, really. FW used to be but it's all slowly eroding...

The addition of character m&g's in WS is kind of like adding a daycare center at a strip club. And I love how they try to shift an adult park into a family park: Let's gear EPCOT towards families, but not by investing in family attractions, oh no... Instead, let's put some characters out for kids to take pictures with while their parents get hammered. Now it's family friendly!

And every pavilion should have an attraction, like it was intended from the start.
All kidding aside, I think their doing something with Imagination. That will explain the recent permits and executive visits.

CrazyDisneyFan

Was reading more of the link. It said something about a new version of illuminations. Could this be possible? I know the current version is been going on for awhile. Personly i enjoy the current show, and it doesnt need to be updated (maybe the fountains)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
All kidding aside, I think their doing something with Imagination. That will explain the recent permits and executive visits.

As I have said before, there is no reason to believe the Imagination permits are for anything major. Quite to the contrary, if it was going to get a major re-do in the near future you probably wouldn't see these individual permits.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Was reading more of the link. It said something about a new version of illuminations. Could this be possible? I know the current version is been going on for awhile. Personly i enjoy the current show, and it doesnt need to be updated (maybe the fountains)
With the success of World of Color on the West Coast, I could see some type of integration, losing the globe in the middle. I never thought the graphics looked all that great on the globe anyway.

wedenterprises

I suggested a Weather Pavilion years ago. Bring in Storm Riders from Tokyo Disney Seas as the E-Ticket, partner with the NHC (or TWC!) for a Hurricane Tracking Station inside, put in a vandegraff generator show like in MOS Boston for the science and volia. Toss in a few Tornado Simulators like in Orlando Science Center for kicks and there you go...

Perfection. It would also be a good opportunity to teach people about climate change.

PeterAlt

As I have said before, there is no reason to believe the Imagination permits are for anything major. Quite to the contrary, if it was going to get a major re-do in the near future you probably wouldn't see these individual permits.
I understand. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part, but if I were them, I would order WDI to come up with a respectable replacement for JiYI as a top priority project. I would also order an update for UoE on a very small budget. Longer term, I would ask them to figure out what to do with the WoL pavilion. If the people in charge have any common sense, they'll prioritize a respectable project for Imagination. I'm one who is not cynical, like some others here. I give them the benefit of the doubt that they're already on it. These things take time, though. So, they may do something else that is faster to open in the interim.

MerlinTheGoat

With the success of World of Color on the West Coast, I could see some type of integration, losing the globe in the middle. I never thought the graphics looked all that great on the globe anyway.
I'd love to see a show with a combination of the same amount of fireworks from the current and previous Illuminations, the newer and better lighting and water effects from World of Color, and with the original Illuminations music. Classical tunes mixed with some of the famous tunes from the countries. I really miss the music and music-firework choreography of the original show. The new show is still solid, but the original music really did a lot more for me.

Sue_Vongello

I've just seen my beloved EPCOT regress so far it's hard to believe something of substance is in the horizon.

In my imagination this happens ...

Excerpt from recent EPCOT survey:

Would you rather have your eye balls scooped out with a rusty spoon and fed back to you or are you satisfied with the current state of FutureWorld?

"FutureWorld is tracking at 100% approval ratings ... no need to add attractions there!" - Soulless TDO Exec

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom