Mystery Project at Epcot

mousehockey37

The problem here is there are forward looking companies out there. In it's current state (and judging by current direction), I doubt that any forward looking company would want to come anywhere near the backwards-looking train wreck that is Future World at Epcot. It'd do damage to their brand.

Well, if a forward looking company would come in and tell them that Futureworld is in the past, and dangle a few $$$ infront of them, then they might get the hint.

All of these high def tv's, all this new stuff with tablets, etc, AI that repairs itself, is there no one company out there that is able to be creative?

For anyone that watched G4 and their coverage of the technology summit, they're looking at super HD that is well beyond the capabilities of what hd does now... Why not display this stuff in futureworld and update it when it's out and for sale?

Sue_Vongello

There needs to be a petition or something to help restore the Imagination pavilion. Is in the worst shape out of them all, including Wonders of Life!

... Well, maybe not. But still.

Kickstarter!!!

Although it'd be annoying to give money to a billion dollar corporation but ah ... who cares ... Bring back Figment to his former glory!

stevehousse

I know people are against adding any Pixar or any characters to Epcot, but I think they should overhaul the WOL Pavillion into a Green Energy Pavillion, and use th old body wars ride and covert it to WALLE! Saving the earth and recycling and green technology would litter te Pavillion!

Now if they did that, they wouldneed to overhaul Ellen energy into something completely different! I like the idea of a weather Pavillion or anything else! Ellen is the one ride I rode as a kid i didnt like and still have no desire to ride as an adult an I love Ellen!

mousehockey37

Disney employs Imagineers. Imagineers are people who use their creativity to create what is unimaginable. If they are out of ideas for what to think of for Futureworld, then maybe it's time to get some fresh heads with ideas in them.

Unfortunately in the years to come, as education has become today, the imagineers will come from outside the USA. All the kids are taught today is how to take a state test. The imagination and creativity that once was, is no longer.

Rodan75

Maybe Disney shoud start sponsoring the FW pavilions. The Living Seas by Disney Cruise Line, The World Showcase sponsored by Adventures by Disney. I don't understand why they need sponsors to make great FW attractions. I don't care what characters they bring in as long as they make it fun and edutaining.

PeterAlt

Maybe Disney shoud start sponsoring the FW pavilions. The Living Seas by Disney Cruise Line, The World Showcase sponsored by Adventures by Disney. I don't understand why they need sponsors to make great FW attractions. I don't care what characters they bring in as long as they make it fun and edutaining.
Living Seas to get a new sponsor... BP! Okay, that was bad, one of my worst...

WDW1974

I would love to see Ratatouille make his way further into France with an actual attraction. World Showcase needs a family friendly attraction and he would fit in France perfectly.

Do you know what WS is supposed to be about? Do you get the difference of what makes an attraction fit a certain park (it's OK if you don't as Eric Jacobson needed Tony Baxter to answer the question for him and all EJ does is lead WDI's portfolio for three WDW parks and much of the rest of the resort)?

I'll tell you this: it isn't about adding popular culture toons into national pavilions to further dumb the park down.

PeterAlt

Do you know what WS is supposed to be about? Do you get the difference of what makes an attraction fit a certain park (it's OK if you don't as Eric Jacobson needed Tony Baxter to answer the question for him and all EJ does is lead WDI's portfolio for three WDW parks and much of the rest of the resort)?

I'll tell you this: it isn't about adding popular culture toons into national pavilions to further dumb the park down.
EPCOT was already ruined when they added Nemo overlay to Living Seas. There's no going back now, unfortunately.

WDW1974

TBH Spirit-san WS is already a glorified food court and each of those pavillions need more than films ... they need attractions like yesterday.

Some could use them, but WS was never about rides. It was about culture. And exploration.

I'd argue that WS can stand on its own just fine right now. How about we deal with the mess that is FW first where WoL is DEAD, Imagination is close, Energy is listless and even the decade-old Mission Space is already dated and tired.

PeterAlt

Some could use them, but WS was never about rides. It was about culture. And exploration.

I'd argue that WS can stand on its own just fine right now. How about we deal with the mess that is FW first where WoL is DEAD, Imagination is close, Energy is listless and even the decade-old Mission Space is already dated and tired.
They might as well start inventing countries and add them to World Showcase. Happystan, for example.

WDW1974

I suggested a Weather Pavilion years ago. Bring in Storm Riders from Tokyo Disney Seas as the E-Ticket, partner with the NHC (or TWC!) for a Hurricane Tracking Station inside, put in a vandegraff generator show like in MOS Boston for the science and volia. Toss in a few Tornado Simulators like in Orlando Science Center for kicks and there you go...

While weather, especially with the global climate change that is happening (I know it isn't going to be 90 here tomorrow, while snowing in NE this week and old England yesterday in SPRING!), is a GREAT idea for a major new pavilion, I wouldn't replicate StormRider. Out of all the unique major TDS attractions I experienced, I found SR to be largely a dull simulator ride with some kewl in cabin effects. Honestly, the new Star Tours is better. SR isn't awful by any means. Just not worth building here. They can do much better. And we don't need anymore sims.

PeterAlt

Happystan would be a great nation to add to WS! Haven't heard of Happystan? It's famous for its small quaint towns, like Otisville (just an itsibitsy little town)...

PhotoDave219

While weather, especially with the global climate change that is happening (I know it isn't going to be 90 here tomorrow, while snowing in NE this week and old England yesterday in SPRING!), is a GREAT idea for a major new pavilion, I wouldn't replicate StormRider. Out of all the unique major TDS attractions I experienced, I found SR to be largely a dull simulator ride with some kewl in cabin effects. Honestly, the new Star Tours is better. SR isn't awful by any means. Just not worth building here. They can do much better. And we don't need anymore sims.

Well you get the idea.... its not hard to create a pavilion with an E ticket, a C/D ticket and some pseudo educational stuff.

Its a simple concept and the simple ones usually do great.

articos

Disney employs Imagineers. Imagineers are people who use their creativity to create what is unimaginable. If they are out of ideas for what to think of for Futureworld, then maybe it's time to get some fresh heads with ideas in them.

Unfortunately in the years to come, as education has become today, the imagineers will come from outside the USA. All the kids are taught today is how to take a state test. The imagination and creativity that once was, is no longer.
It's certainly not about lack of imagination or creativity. The amount of sheer talent within WDI and surrounding it is staggering. It's about the (lack of) leadership of WDI combined with the lack of willingness of TDO to open the purse, ignore the surveys where they ask people how much they like Disney Princesses on a scale of 1 to 5 and simply taking some risks, pure and simple.

EPCOT was already ruined when they added Nemo overlay to Living Seas. There's no going back now, unfortunately.
Can always be fixed. Just takes management who are willing to make the call to change something. Nemo in Seas isn't forever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom