Mystery Project at Epcot

SirLink

Some could use them, but WS was never about rides. It was about culture. And exploration.

I'd argue that WS can stand on its own just fine right now. How about we deal with the mess that is FW first where WoL is DEAD, Imagination is close, Energy is listless and even the decade-old Mission Space is already dated and tired.

Oh Yes! They could do some amazing stuff - if they went in and tackled the front half of Epcot ...

Walt 1901

Some could use them, but WS was never about rides. It was about culture. And exploration.

I'd argue that WS can stand on its own just fine right now. How about we deal with the mess that is FW first where WoL is DEAD, Imagination is close, Energy is listless and even the decade-old Mission Space is already dated and tired.
I would have to agree. On the recent trips I have taken it seems that most of the guest are in WS. Its like they know that there is nothing worth seeing in FW except maybe Soarin and Test Track which they probably did at park opening. EPCOT is two parks in one and as of right now only one of the two parks is working.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
It's certainly not about lack of imagination or creativity. The amount of sheer talent within WDI and surrounding it is staggering. It's about the (lack of) leadership of WDI combined with the lack of willingness of TDO to open the purse, ignore the surveys where they ask people how much they like Disney Princesses on a scale of 1 to 5 and simply taking some risks, pure and simple.

This! I don't think there is any lack of great ideas within WDI, there is just a lack of willingness to build them.

MaryJaneP

This! I don't think there is any lack of great ideas within WDI, there is just a lack of willingness to build them.

Great ideas cost $ and for that TDO seems to be waiting until it can line up sponsors. Sponsorship does not seem to be a reality now and I doubt it will be in the future, either. TDO seems unable to adjust to this possibility and as a result nothing gets done in FW.

Sue_Vongello

Exactly!! ... the problem we have going forward though is managing the frustration levels of those creatives as their projects never go past "ideas" and them being retained through these dead periods ... and then the frustration levels of guests (which I'm assuming will grow??) as EPCOT continues to stagnate.

djlaosc

I suggested a Weather Pavilion years ago. Bring in Storm Riders from Tokyo Disney Seas as the E-Ticket, partner with the NHC (or TWC!) for a Hurricane Tracking Station inside, put in a vandegraff generator show like in MOS Boston for the science and volia. Toss in a few Tornado Simulators like in Orlando Science Center for kicks and there you go...

You could also move StormStruck from Innoventions, and get something new for there as well!

raven

Ok. So I guess I need to clear up a few things to at least correct some of the misleading information here.

First off, WDI is not located behind Mission:Space. It's across the street behind WOL.

Speaking of WOL, it has been rezoned for convention use only. Sorry, the Body Wars simulators were completely removed a year ago. The rooms are used for storage of Future World East attraction hehicle parts.

WoL.jpg

Imagination cannot be adapted for a ride like Pooh's Honey Hunt. That system calls for a completely level floor and Imagination has multi level areas through the entire building as the original ride was supposed to have "coaster-like" elements to it. In order to put in a ride like PHH they'd have to completely level the building and start from scatch. I've said this countless times over the years yet this still comes up here constantly.

Rats have infested the France Pavilion already but not as an attrction. The rat problem between Morocco and Canada has gotton out of control in the past few months. And no, cats are not released during the night to help with the problem.

My wish would be that they would completey gut Stupid Judy and work in something new over there. No one really goes over there anymore anyway. Also take the princesses out of Norway (turing the restaurant back into a Norwegian establishment) and put the ladies over in Odyssey giving them all the room the want for stroller parking while keeping out of everyone's way. Put Michael to rest for good and upgrade the Magic Eye Theater into an original attraction.

l post a nugget-of-joy of some upcoming projects for WDW. Each is a different project that dosn't relate to one another. This is merely something I put together to be a "hint" that I won't give answers to but have fun anyway!

Untitled-1_edited-1.jpg

aladdin2007

i agree with you raven: My wish would be that they would completey gut Stupid Judy and work in something new over there. No one really goes over there anymore anyway. Also take the princesses out of Norway (turing the restaurant back into a Norwegian establishment) and put the ladies over in Odyssey giving them all the room the want for stroller parking while keeping out of everyone's way. Put Michael to rest for good and upgrade the Magic Eye Theater into an original attraction.

That Norway part especially, the place is an out of control zoo, it use to be so nice, but no anything nice isnt allowed to be left alone. As for the picture hints. that MK hub one sure is interesting...as for the smuckers pic I would guess maybe they are going to sponsor something, epcotish/the land, something etc. Its fun to speculate.

oh and ps: reopen the garden grill for lunch already!!! they could be making more money with this location, too many dead zones in epcot.

wdwfan4ver

Rats have infested the France Pavilion already but not as an attrction. The rat problem between Morocco and Canada has gotton out of control in the past few months. And no, cats are not released during the night to help with the problem.
Do you know if rats have been found in the kitchen of Chefs De France?
I am asking that because I have a ADR I later this year at Chefs De France and I was looking trying the bakery at Boulangerue Patisserie also.

misterID

Ok. So I guess I need to clear up a few things to at least correct some of the misleading information here.

First off, WDI is not located behind Mission:Space. It's across the street behind WOL.

Speaking of WOL, it has been rezoned for convention use only. Sorry, the Body Wars simulators were completely removed a year ago. The rooms are used for storage of Future World East attraction hehicle parts.

WoL.jpg

Imagination cannot be adapted for a ride like Pooh's Honey Hunt. That system calls for a completely level floor and Imagination has multi level areas through the entire building as the original ride was supposed to have "coaster-like" elements to it. In order to put in a ride like PHH they'd have to completely level the building and start from scatch. I've said this countless times over the years yet this still comes up here constantly.

My wish would be that they would completey gut Stupid Judy and work in something new over there. No one really goes over there anymore anyway. Also take the princesses out of Norway (turing the restaurant back into a Norwegian establishment) and put the ladies over in Odyssey giving them all the room the want for stroller parking while keeping out of everyone's way. Put Michael to rest for good and upgrade the Magic Eye Theater into an original attraction.

l post a nugget-of-joy of some upcoming projects for WDW. Each is a different project that dosn't relate to one another. This is merely something I put together to be a "hint" that I won't give answers to but have fun anyway!

Untitled-1_edited-1.jpg

Then level the building and start from scratch. That would be an upgrade for what's in Imagination! now. The current ride isn't taking advantage of a "multi level structure" or any "coaster elements" so why not?

patrok65

As a former Exterminator this is going to take a couple of months for TDO to clean up. Do they use an outside Contracor or in house because a Rat problem is serious exspecialy since it has gotten out of hand.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom