Mystery Box at Epcot

bigedefd

Time machine

Its a time machine, so Figment can go back to the 90's warn them that when someone thinks it would be a good idea to put a WAND up over SSE. That would be a really bad idea. He will also tell them not to do away with the original Journey. Either that or its a stand to sell resort refillable mugs.

CrashNet

Wow, lots of great answers. :lol: You guys are great. However, I can give you the real answer: its not much at all. They are replacing the concrete after a guest fell and cracked their head open. There was a raised area of concrete in that spot near the palm tree thats now gone. Not sure it they'll plant a new one or not.

Gorjus

wow, that reminds me of a couple of months ago at the Studios. 2 guests in one day fell/tripped on the same piece of street that had become uneven. Twice 1st aid was called and managers swarmed. The next morning, that part of the sidewalk had a patch of concrete to make it smooth.

what's in the box

I have the inside scoop from an "imagineer". He told me it's the building for a new dark ride called "It's a really really really small world". The good news is the guest per hour ratio is going to be one of the best ratings in the park.

JML42691

Wow, lots of great answers. :lol: You guys are great. However, I can give you the real answer: its not much at all. They are replacing the concrete after a guest fell and cracked their head open. There was a raised area of concrete in that spot near the palm tree thats now gone. Not sure it they'll plant a new one or not.
I'll believe this piece to be true, although many are a bit funny (my favorite being the take a shot at the cannon for one of the million dreams), but if this is true, why hasn't the Sentenial (SLANtenial) started bashing Disney about their uneven walkays and showing the contrast with Univesal's amazingly smooth and even paths??? In other words, is there any story about this???

Gorjus

I finally checked out the box. You are correct, it is not where any of the lights are. I'm going with the paving issue, unless the box is still their tomorrow. Then new theories must arise.

CrashNet

I'll believe this piece to be true, although many are a bit funny (my favorite being the take a shot at the cannon for one of the million dreams), but if this is true, why hasn't the Sentenial (SLANtenial) started bashing Disney about their uneven walkays and showing the contrast with Univesal's amazingly smooth and even paths??? In other words, is there any story about this???
There's really not much. Lots of accidents happen everyday that are never significant enough for the Sentinel to want to publish it. Basically a woman was walking through heading towards West Future World (The Land) and hit a raised piece of concrete the wrong way. She wasn't able to catch herself fast enough and landed on her head. Took several stitches to patch her up. Still not ENTIRELY sure why they got rid of the palm tree where she fell though.

GymLeaderPhil

Two months later and it seems we have a new young palm tree where the mystery box was located. Funny how it's located directly underneath the Innovention tarps - guess they're going to have to tear it down... what a shame! :lookaroun

Sorry for no pics. I was going to sketch it, but I left my canvas at home!

EPCOT Explorer

Two months later and it seems we have a new young palm tree where the mystery box was located. Funny how it's located directly underneath the Innovention tarps - guess they're going to have to tear it down... what a shame! :lookaroun

Yes!I look foward to those hideous purple tarps coming down.

MAGICFLOP

It's a new ride called "Future Imagination"

You sit on a folding chair inside this box and imagine your in the future.

They origanilly planned to put this in the Met Life pav, the imagineers finally said "that idea only needs a 10 foot box"

Figment1986

I didn't take any photos since we didn't stop long enough, but it looked out of place, but nice to see they planted a new one... maybe they can move the mature ones closer to SE and plant more new ones?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom