Mystery Box at Epcot

JWG

Relocation of the Leave a Legacy sales booths and display... :dazzle:

(I made that up before someone takes it seriously)

jmvd20

It is the beginning of phase one for the construction of the new monorail that will link Epcot with Beastly Kingdom.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
So... amid all of our Epcot-expertness, I can safely assume that none of us know what used to exist there?

Even though it was obviously physically attached to the ground?

I thought we knew everything *pouts*

I counted the panels, it has 6 panels facing toward SSE. It has only 4 facing toward Innoventions, and is 2-wide on each side. So, it makes a sort of trapezoid. They panels they use are like 4ft by 8ft, but the 2 panels added on the SSE side look smaller, like 3ft.

That's 22ft-ish, and 16ft for the long side, and 8ft for the width and it's 8ft tall.

So.. pictures...

NTWKW-100_2782.JPG

HXIOH-100_2783.JPG

Extra ginormous versions:

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1179349/100_2782.JPG

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-5/1179349/100_2783.JPG

Any ideas yet? Or know what used to be there?

Fun2BFree

It's the "Official Epcot 25th Anniversary" Cannon. On Epcot's birthday, people will be allowed to take shots at the wand to make a million dreams come true.:lookaroun

WDWFigment

Is there any legitimate speculation to what's going on there? The first couple witty remarks were funny, but it gets annoying when we're actually pursuing news, and everyone is trying out for a standup gig.

Gorjus

Fooey, someone stole my Harry Potter idea:mad:

But seriously, it looks to be the exact spot where the lights in the sidewalk are. Perhaps they are revamping that.

I'm on my way there today to figure out what "Characters in Bloom" is all about. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Expo_Seeker40

Well what used to be there was the boarder and landscaping area for the man made ponds that used to be between communicores east and west. Also this was near the former Teacher's Center that got demolished in the mid 90s...me thinks its either another planter....a water fountain...or a DVC booth...yes another one....you know....Disney's best kept secret. :eek:

daguru

But the lights on that side a little more the right (when viewing the first image) and cover a little larger area....

Unless, there happens to be some electrical cables or somethign of that nature that have to be accessed at this point....

I agree with either another DVC booth or one of their temp/permanent food kiosks (like on the other side of the plaza)...

lentesta

Premium Member
If it's anything other than underground work, I'd be surprised. Anything permanent there looks like it'll impede traffic flow.

Len

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom