News Mysterious Land Clearing South of the Japan Pavilion

jhastings74

It's too cold in Orlando for at least two months of the year for one water park - let alone two! I've been twice to WPs at WDW in January or February, and wondered to myself, "why did I do this today??"
So...I'm on page 2 of 6 and haven't gone through the rest yet, so I apologize if someone beat me to this, but... why not bring some new life to one of the water parks by adding a full indoor water park which would then allow the water park resort to have year-round functioning (a la Great Wolf Lodge, etc.)?

pdude81

So...I'm on page 2 of 6 and haven't gone through the rest yet, so I apologize if someone beat me to this, but... why not bring some new life to one of the water parks by adding a full indoor water park which would then allow the water park resort to have year-round functioning (a la Great Wolf Lodge, etc.)?
I think that one is indoors because it would have to be closed for 9 months a year as opposed to 2

jakeman

It seems odd to use rides that were cancelled 35 years ago as an example of how Disney was better 35 years ago.
Well, for some strange reason, unfinished projects and empty promises were okay 35 years ago, but the slightest deviation from concept art is blasphemous to the corpse of Walt Disney.

That's just kind of what happens when rhetoric comes before reason.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, for some strange reason, unfinished projects and empty promises were okay 35 years ago, but the slightest deviation from concept art is blasphemous to the corpse of Walt Disney.

That's just kind of what happens when rhetoric comes before reason.

I think you’re misreading this one.

They cancelled/delayed things because of the budget/state of the company...and that is still unfortunate.

But what’s been the Excuse to not revisit since about 1989? And close things (wonders)? And destroy things (imagination)? And rely on a relabeled temp festival that never changes all year (too many to count)?

But...what they are doing now does show commitment...even if it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

pdude81

Sounds fine...it just seems that unlike rides, they’re actually attempting to get this done ASAP
If they plan to raise rack rates for the attached hotels then the earlier the better for the company. Also IMO it's best to get this up and running in some fashion before they start selling points at the Riviera. If it's an awesome experience then that helps fuel sales, but if it is poorly received then you want the bad news out of the way before pitching how awesome the new place is or pricing it too high.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If they plan to raise rack rates for the attached hotels then the earlier the better for the company. Also IMO it's best to get this up and running in some fashion before they start selling points at the Riviera. If it's an awesome experience then that helps fuel sales, but if it is poorly received then you want the bad news out of the way before pitching how awesome the new place is or pricing it too high.

Fully agree...it Also takes time for the system to shake out/operate before the mgm crunch hits

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Might this be a drone takeoff/landing spot for the next version of IllumiNations? It would allow the drones to get to World Showcase Lagoon with minimal flyover of guest areas. And it's located conveniently next to the Epcot fire station.

My understanding of the use of drones for shows is that they can not be over guests, even while in transit to their performing space. So, either WDW wrangled some sort of exemption, or, they're going to build a covered path over the walkway around the lagoon for the drones to fly over, or, it's not for drones.

I think it was @wdwmagic that indicated drones would be from Oddessey and stay over the lake (and giant sinkhole) there. For now.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Could it be part of where the new ride from France will be going? It is shown on several videos to pretty far almost to Japan. Just a thought

Nope. The new ride in France (Ratatouille) will be going where the construction is circled in red...

1527094393934.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom