News Mysterious Land Clearing South of the Japan Pavilion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
From bioreconstruct...

That would put it about here...

1526755305232.png

Anyone know what that's for? Dirt storage? Building something? I don't recall that space being indicated on any permits for anything.

peter11435

From bioreconstruct...

View attachment 284733

Anyone know what that's for? Dirt storage? Building something? I don't recall that space being indicated on any permits for anything.

I know that space was indicated for clearing on some permit we have seen. I believe it was a permit for the gondola project and was believed to be for construction support, but I’m not sure why they would just now be clearing it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From bioreconstruct...

View attachment 284734

This was shown in the permit for the other Skyliner work and it says it is being cleared and covered with gravel. I originally assumed it was being used to stage materials for the Skyliner, but there doesn't seem to be a need for that now.

1526757694598.png

TeriofTerror

If this is a long-term resort location, it just continues to boggle my mind how there's the constant need for more resorts while overall capacity at the parks continues to go mostly unaddressed. Where are all these people at the resorts supposed to go?
Not to off-site properties?
That's not me trying to be sarcastic, although I fear it comes across that way.
And if Disney wants to increase their hotel market share, I humbly suggest proximity not be their primary draw. Not at their prices.

Clamman73

This was shown in the permit for the other Skyliner work and it says it is being cleared and covered with gravel. I originally assumed it was being used to stage materials for the Skyliner, but there doesn't seem to be a need for that now.

View attachment 284743
Wonder if they were gonna get the delivery of all the cars before everything's ready and where they would hold them until the cables are ready.

JoeCamel

Wonder if they were gonna get the delivery of all the cars before everything's ready and where they would hold them until the cables are ready.
Would have to be more cost efficient (yeah Disney) to distribute the delivery of the cabins to stations as they arrive. Leave them at the port (JAX?) til they are ready for them then truck them over.

seascape

WDW needs lots of new rooms for the extra 15 million visitors that will be coming in 2020. They have lots of new announcements to make to respond to Universals next gate. Disney is done giving up market share to Universal especially since Universal went after Fox and Sky. This fight is getting personal and I would never bet against Disney.

Clamman73

Would have to be more cost efficient (yeah Disney) to distribute the delivery of the cabins to stations as they arrive. Leave them at the port (JAX?) til they are ready for them then truck them over.
Maybe...I have no clue what they're gonna do, but I know from what I do at work under public funded things that if one thing covers the cost of another then that's what we'll do...for example in this case if there is a resort going there eventually...cover the cost of the clearing the area and prep by putting it under the gondola project and use it in some fashion to cover yourself (I mean that's what I would do)

GlacierGlacier

If this is a long-term resort location, it just continues to boggle my mind how there's the constant need for more resorts while overall capacity at the parks continues to go mostly unaddressed. Where are all these people at the resorts supposed to go?
Tron, Ratatouille, SWL, TSL, and whatever else they've got up their sleeve. This is only including additions, too. This is so much more than they've done for the past decade, and I can only see it increasing.

Disone

I've said it before, will say it again. If Disney must construct new hotels at WDW, why not construct them at Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

It would not only give the Waterparks more attention, but would also add full-service restaurants and shops to the waterparks. Afterall, they're both still one of the most busiest water-parks in the world, yet Disney rarely acknowledges them.
Remember that both water parks take turns closing for 3 months of the year. So put a resort there and for three month of the year, the major draw of that resort is going to be closed.

Biff215

Could they be moving backstage areas to this plot that they are losing due to ratatouille, UK, and possibly another country? I haven’t heard anything about that plot.
That was one of my guesses. Weren’t the food kiosks previously stored where Rat is for the summer? If so, they’ll need a temporary home soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom