News Mysterious Land Clearing South of the Japan Pavilion

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
My understanding of the use of drones for shows is that they can not be over guests, even while in transit to their performing space. So, either WDW wrangled some sort of exemption, or, they're going to build a covered path over the walkway around the lagoon for the drones to fly over, or, it's not for drones.

I think it was @wdwmagic that indicated drones would be from Oddessey and stay over the lake (and giant sinkhole) there. For now.
Why not launch/recover them on a barge?

lentesta

Premium Member
My understanding of the use of drones for shows is that they can not be over guests, even while in transit to their performing space. So, either WDW wrangled some sort of exemption, or, they're going to build a covered path over the walkway around the lagoon for the drones to fly over, or, it's not for drones.

I think it was @wdwmagic that indicated drones would be from Oddessey and stay over the lake (and giant sinkhole) there. For now.

Or they could block off the path to pedestrian traffic during the preshow, show, and post-show.

fngoofy

It would be nice if they simply added another concentric ring to World Showcase that consisted of massive resort and an E & D attraction. Utilize the grand scope to have shared infrastructure and just change the theme as you move from pavilion to pavilion.

Last edited:

GeneralKnowledge

It would be nice if they simply added another concentric ring to World Showcase that consisted of massive resort and an E & D attraction. Utilize the grand scope to have shared infrastructure and just change the theme as you move from pavilion to pavilion.

...so simple, I can’t imagine why they haven’t considered this. Then again they should probably focus on filling out the existing ring before building another one.

fngoofy

...so simple, I can’t imagine why they haven’t considered this. Then again they should probably focus on filling out the existing ring before building another one.

I hear you on filling out the existing, but as is seen with France, they are starting to expand into the neighboring plots. I would bet that happens more in the future and that at best we get 2 more countries (if that.) I always thought that Australia would be a safe bet. Have it be back where they store the fireworks barges and just push that depot back farther. It would be dramatic to round the corner and see a scaled version of the Opera House. OR even better, but the Opera House right there where the bridge is, with the rest of the pavilion behind it and make the Opera House an air conditioned venue for watching IRoE.

The plans that have been floating around for EPCOT 2.x are interesting, but I've got to see shovels and concrete pretty soon to start believing that the Rat and the Raccoon won't be the only new additions for the 50th.

disneydude715

Has anyone thought that this might be a staging area for the Swan/Dolphin new tower? Since they already had a permit filed for Skyliner, they decided to fill it and keep it around for the the tower work?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Has anyone thought that this might be a staging area for the Swan/Dolphin new tower? Since they already had a permit filed for Skyliner, they decided to fill it and keep it around for the the tower work?

It would be odd to “stage” on the otherside of boardwalk when there’s an entire service road on a the backside of the actual Swan and dolphin, no?

imarc

I hear you on filling out the existing, but as is seen with France, they are starting to expand into the neighboring plots. I would bet that happens more in the future and that at best we get 2 more countries (if that.)

That's also what would happen if the rumored UK expansion happens right? Wasn't that a full plot between UK and the International Gateway?

The plans that have been floating around for EPCOT 2.x are interesting, but I've got to see shovels and concrete pretty soon to start believing that the Rat and the Raccoon won't be the only new additions for the 50th.

Do you have a link to any of those rumors?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wasn't that a full plot between UK and the International Gateway?

No, it was the rest of the UK plot. There's a full plot between UK and Canada which is housing the ""temporary"" World Showplace pavilion (which is expendable if there's a real sponsored national pavilion looking for a home). And Canada is using only half of their plot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No, it was the rest of the UK plot. There's a full plot between UK and Canada which is housing the ""temporary"" World Showplace pavilion (which is expendable if there's a real sponsored national pavilion looking for a home). And Canada is using only half of their plot.
International Gateway used a pavilion plot. UK had nothing to do with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom