News Mysterious Land Clearing South of the Japan Pavilion

TeriofTerror

JJJ

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already in a different thread, but I saw some construction behind the Germany pavilion tonight that might be this project. I asked a cast member about it; they said it popped up recently and aren't sure what it is. There's a lot of construction in the world showcase skyline right now, which is really exciting!
IMG_20180714_202137.jpg

GlacierGlacier

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already in a different thread, but I saw some construction behind the Germany pavilion tonight that might be this project. I asked a cast member about it; they said it popped up recently and aren't sure what it is. There's a lot of construction in the world showcase skyline right now, which is really exciting!View attachment 296180
The building seen being built behind Germany is the Riviera Resort.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm not sure if this has been discussed already in a different thread, but I saw some construction behind the Germany pavilion tonight that might be this project. I asked a cast member about it; they said it popped up recently and aren't sure what it is. There's a lot of construction in the world showcase skyline right now, which is really exciting!

Remember that, folks, next time you're passing along insider information from a CM.

;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Martin’s already ruled that out. They don’t want drones flying over areas where large numbers of people are congregated, if I understood correctly. @marni1971 - care to comment?
That’s what I understand.

Of course the promenade could be closed at certain times. Though the crowd control implications would be huge. I’d also be a little surprised if drones were included in an interim show.

Ultimately, as I’ve said before somewhere, this land is designated for resort use.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not to mention it's unlikely that a gravel plot is where you want a thousand propellers going at the same time. A drone launch pad would have to be one with an impervious surface or off of a building. And I doubt they're building something on top of something labeled 'gravel lot.'

Lensman

Not to mention it's unlikely that a gravel plot is where you want a thousand propellers going at the same time. A drone launch pad would have to be one with an impervious surface or off of a building. And I doubt they're building something on top of something labeled 'gravel lot.'
I wonder what the ideal launch pad would be like?

I wonder if it would be a job for porous asphalt, since it seems like that would be win-win because it wouldn't have to bear much weight but, being porous, you wouldn't have to build a compensating retention pond. Then again, porous asphalt might be too expensive for such a light duty use.

It seems like such a small area for a standalone resort, if and when it ultimately becomes one. Though I guess it's not that small if you include the existing parking lot and the Speedway. Though then they'd have to build a parking structure in the existing Boardwalk and convention center lot. Also, it seems to me to be in an awkward location. But I might just not have enough imagination. I blame the demise of JII for that. :) :(

montyz81

Perhaps this will be the final spot for viewing N234MM. Perhaps a new preview center built like a time capsule that can be seen from the Skyliner?

Cesar R M

Jiminy Christmas man. Every time I try and secretively build my giant storage shed, you weirdos are all like, “what’s going on? Why did those trees go bye bye?” Guess I’m taking my kit back to Menards for the umpteenth time. Let’s time travel. In a few months, KS is not being expanded and nothing interesting is being done, so it’s best ignored. OK?
Could be a war between the Mouse and the Ents of Lord of the Rings?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom