News Mysterious Land Clearing South of the Japan Pavilion

nickys

Premium Member
Didn’t Martin suggest this would be for resort use? And somewhere there was discussion over a part of CBR that was never built ....

So what if it’s the last phase of CBR? Having demolished two of the “islands” for Riviera, maybe they decided to go ahead and build it now.

nickys

Premium Member
Not for drones, which I believe will be a part of the main replacement show. I know there’s a desire to avoid flying drones over the promenade. Ultimately this area is for resort use. Edit; I just saw the earlier post about closing a section of the prom for drone flyover. Unless drones are now planned for the interim show I don’t know; last I heard they were considered but discounted for this show.

The Japan show building still pops up to be used sometime for what it was originally designed for (guest attraction) but that’s not currently within the foreseeable.

At the moment there’s I think nine Showcase pavilion projects in preCAR and pre / actual blue sky. Japan has only the eaterie.

What does preCAR mean?

nickys

Premium Member
Yep.

Detailed design.

So those 4 plus the Japan eaterie, the French creperie, Mulan in China ........

Plus Mount Fuji (oh, that’s Japan again), Bobsleigh Run and Canadian rapids ??? ;)

Or two more pavilions and a proper Figment re-do.

Or something altogether less exciting. :(

tonymu

Premium Member
Could it just be overflow parking for Boardwalk on it's busiest days? Or temp parking for Boardwalk if they take away some other parking areas for Swan/Dolphin expansion construction staging.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Could it just be overflow parking for Boardwalk on it's busiest days? Or temp parking for Boardwalk if they take away some other parking areas for Swan/Dolphin expansion construction staging.

A recent permit appears to put a contruction trailer on this land, that coupled with the gravel, indicates to me that it's a staging area for a project that is not being built nearby.

lawdogNOLA

Didn’t Martin suggest this would be for resort use? And somewhere there was discussion over a part of CBR that was never built ....

So what if it’s the last phase of CBR? Having demolished two of the “islands” for Riviera, maybe they decided to go ahead and build it now.

The part of CBR that was never built is opposite Trinidad South, next to/part of where the main Skyliner Terminal is being constructed. And the correct number of "islands" demolished is 1.5: All of Barbados, half of Martinique. :)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

The part of CBR that was never built is opposite Trinidad South, next to/part of where the main Skyliner Terminal is being constructed. And the correct number of "islands" demolished is 1.5: All of Barbados, half of Martinique. :)

Yep. That would be here in orange...

1531026109107.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom