myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

My family has been selected to do fastpass+ in late October. I don't believe we were ever notified of this; the fastpass+ option just showed up on the Disney page. Whether you are chosen or not is determined by which hotel you stay at I believe

dadddio

Any truth to the rumor that the full roll out is expected to be Nov 1st? I saw this on another board and just wondering... This round of testing is looking to go for two months? September 1 - October 31 from my understanding. Seems kinda long for testing for specific resorts when previous tests were only a few weeks at a time...

Am I missing something?
My understanding is that the current round of testing will morph into 'live' if no serious problems are identified. As I understand it, the plan is to simply continuing to add resorts and then open it up to off-site guests. At that point. It won't be a test anymore. It will just be.

redpill101

This might not be news ... but I just got off the phone to Disney UK and we will be added to roll out when we arrive at POR 29th Oct.

They gave me a code to convert my UK booking to add it to MY Disney Experience and confirmed that since
we are international guests our Magic Bands will be sat waiting for us when we check in.

stevehousse

This might not be news ... but I just got off the phone to Disney UK and we will be added to roll out when we arrive at POR 29th Oct.

They gave me a code to convert my UK booking to add it to MY Disney Experience and confirmed that since
we are international guests our Magic Bands will be sat waiting for us when we check in.
How long are you staying? I hope this means more resorts for November!

drujaz

My understanding is that the current round of testing will morph into 'live' if no serious problems are identified. As I understand it, the plan is to simply continuing to add resorts and then open it up to off-site guests. At that point. It won't be a test anymore. It will just be.
Ok so then I can see why they would have a 2 month window... The beginning of the two month window would include the stated resorts and then they would continue to add more and more resorts if things are moving well with the idea that all resorts would be added by Oct. 31 and call it live on Nov 1 barring any specific issues...

Just my speculations based on the available information but it makes me feel more positive about magic band/FP+ availability during our trip in early November. Especially if Disney wants to avoid a full rollout during the holidays.

drujaz

It'd be nice to get rollout dates for the different resorts. This would just be one more piece of evidence that the testing won't be limited to the current list of resorts they have announced...

wn01aa

I wonder if they would wait all the way to the end of October to introduce more resorts. I can't imagine them doing no MagicBands or FP+ reservations for stays starting in November (no matter the resort) and then all of a sudden Nov.1st open it up to everyone which would cause this massive amount of people ordering MagicBands and FP+ for stays from Nov. 1 to Dec. 31 (plus those in early November would probably not be able to get customized bands made if there stay starts say Nov. 2). If they truly wanted to go full live by Nov. 1st they should start taking MagicBand and FP+ reservations September 2nd - or at least before November 1st - for November 1st check-ins (60 day window).

ExtinctJenn

I wonder if they would wait all the way to the end of October to introduce more resorts. I can't imagine them doing no MagicBands or FP+ reservations for stays starting in November (no matter the resort) and then all of a sudden Nov.1st open it up to everyone which would cause this massive amount of people ordering MagicBands and FP+ for stays from Nov. 1 to Dec. 31 (plus those in early November would probably not be able to get customized bands made if there stay starts say Nov. 2). If they truly wanted to go full live by Nov. 1st they should start taking MagicBand and FP+ reservations September 2nd - or at least before November 1st - for November 1st check-ins (60 day window).
I would bet you... and this is just my hunch... that if they do decide on an 11/1 launch, anyone with stays from that day on will be able to start reserving FPs and customizing their MagicBand by 10/1. I would bet that at this point they have a date decided on and it'd take something big to push it out. They know where the system's issues are by now and this new round of testing that just opened up is more likely to confirm resolution of key problems they believe they've fixed. I'm no insider but having spent years in Project Management, it just feels so similar to how most I've ran have panned out. :)

redpill101

I would bet you... and this is just my hunch... that if they do decide on an 11/1 launch, anyone with stays from that day on will be able to start reserving FPs and customizing their MagicBand by 10/1. I would bet that at this point they have a date decided on and it'd take something big to push it out. They know where the system's issues are by now and this new round of testing that just opened up is more likely to confirm resolution of key problems they believe they've fixed. I'm no insider but having spent years in Project Management, it just feels so similar to how most I've ran have panned out. :)

That was the exact vibe I was getting on the phone to Disney when I asked if we can get it she seemed like saying DUHHH of course your going to be getting Magicbands.

I'm better Nov 1st also

drujaz

I believe they would add resorts over the next two months and not save the rest for a full blow out all at once... We've got 10 more days before Online Check-in for AKL Kidani so I'll know in 10 days if they do allow me to customize bands and get FP+s... Currently only AKL Jambo (including Villas) is listed, I would guess that Kidani is not far behind.

BadTigger

Got the testing invite last night for our trip at the end of September. The magicbands are on order and it was allowing me to start booking FP+. I'm able to book 3 attractions at 1 park per day. Still waiting on one other person to purchase a park ticket so it can be linked. As of now it won't let me book FP+ for them until I do so. It also is pretty easy linking accounts, even having tickets linked to people on my account I was able to link them and dinner reservations they made show up on my account and their ticket and magicband shows linked on their account. After this trip I'll be setting up everyone their own account, I don't want to the dinner reservations and stuff getting messed up.

cmybliss

My family has been selected to do fastpass+ in late October. I don't believe we were ever notified of this; the fastpass+ option just showed up on the Disney page. Whether you are chosen or not is determined by which hotel you stay at I believe

This is how it happened for me as well. The funny thing is, I got an email invite yesterday and the UPS letter today. I called tech support just to be sure everything I had set up was still in effect. The very nice CM I spoke with assured me that all was well, but to expect more emails and letters nagging me to set up my experience. Apparently they are using a third party vendor that no one is that fond of. They have no way to link the vendors' system with the main Disney site. As a result, the vendor has no idea who has done what and so they just nag everyone.

This is also the case for the QS FP+ system. Yet another vendor is handling that aspect, and there is absolutely no communication with Disney travel or the tech support line. Tech support has no access to that system at all! They started issuing invites without notifying anyone on Disney's end. This caused utter mayhem at the support center! People calling up and wanting to use the service and CMs not having any clue what was going on. Yikes!

DicksonGR

We'll we didn't get any invite however magic bands were ordered and the status is pick up your customised bands at your resort. I arrive on the 3rd at AKL and have been able to book FP+ etc. So all going well I'll be part of the test!

On the speculation that Nov 1 is the unofficial "go live" date. That is our check-in day, 63 days from now. We're staying at Beach Club, which is included in the latest testing. So whether they just continue on with the current test resorts or expand to additional resorts, I should be included...assuming that the current "test" is actually the 1st phase of full implementation.

I have MDE all set up with my entire travel party, ADRs and park tickets. I'll be checking MDE every day for FP+ or Magic Band options. Nothing yet. I would be surprised if there was anything before 60 days, which is Monday.

orky8

Got the testing invite last night for our trip at the end of September. The magicbands are on order and it was allowing me to start booking FP+. I'm able to book 3 attractions at 1 park per day. Still waiting on one other person to purchase a park ticket so it can be linked. As of now it won't let me book FP+ for them until I do so. It also is pretty easy linking accounts, even having tickets linked to people on my account I was able to link them and dinner reservations they made show up on my account and their ticket and magicband shows linked on their account. After this trip I'll be setting up everyone their own account, I don't want to the dinner reservations and stuff getting messed up.

So, is it true then that if you don't have linked tickets, you can't make FP+ reservations even if you have a resort reservation?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom