myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

PrincessMia

@Clamman73, yes, but when I try to link it, I get an "invalid card number" message. Am on hold with Disney now. I'm trying to link them just for the heck of it. Is there any benefit? Theoretically, once linked, should I NOT need the hard tickets for entry?

Clamman73

@Clamman73, yes, but when I try to link it, I get an "invalid card number" message. Am on hold with Disney now. I'm trying to link them just for the heck of it. Is there any benefit? Theoretically, once linked, should I NOT need the hard tickets for entry?

I just bought a Halloween party ticket yesterday and linked it by putting in the number under the bar code (any numbers looking like "0" are typed in as a zero) I think theoretically you can just use the band or rfid ticket when entering for the halloween party as long as it's linked to you. However, I'm bringing my printed out ticket for backup.

ddrongowski

I just bought a Halloween party ticket yesterday and linked it by putting in the number under the bar code (any numbers looking like "0" are typed in as a zero) I think theoretically you can just use the band or rfid ticket when entering for the halloween party as long as it's linked to you. However, I'm bringing my printed out ticket for backup.
Same here.

ddrongowski

Whomever you spoke to is incorrect. The MNSSHP tickets I have are the Green ones with 12 digits on them. They linked up fine. Must be a training short come.

Tickets and Passes
Assigned to: XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
Non-Transferable Opens tool tip. Beginning of tooltip content Paperless Tickets that are expired, in-use or that were purchased as part of a package cannot be assigned to anyone else. Only the owner of a ticket may assign it to another Guest. End of tooltip content
8 Day Ticket w/ Park Hopping
Assigned to: XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX
Reassign Ticket
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Event Date:
Monday, October 14, 2013
Event Time:
12:00 AM
View Additional Details - Open a dialog
Don't see your tickets? You may have to link them to your account. If you do not have one of the new admission cards or a MagicBand, be sure to bring your paper ticket to use for park admission.
Link Tickets

Last edited:

Kevin Fields

Can someone help me understand the mystique around the MagicBand? The new RFID passes employ the same technology, and do everything (as far as I can tell) the MagicBands do. Why all the hoopla over the "testing" of the MagicBand? Seems to me the technology has been vetted...why not provide MagicBands to everyone who wants them (especially Annual Pass Holders)? Is my Disney experience something less merely because I'm staying at a resort not involved in testing (DWL)?

I would much rather be able to wave my wrist to enter my resort room, make purchases, etc., verses having to dig in my pocket/wallet for a card to swipe. Is the issue a production/distribution problem? One would think the number one amusement/entertainment venue in the world would have worked the logistics out. The medium with which the technology is deployed should not be a limiting factor.

Tom

Beta Return
Can someone help me understand the mystique around the MagicBand? The new RFID passes employ the same technology, and do everything (as far as I can tell) the MagicBands do. Why all the hoopla over the "testing" of the MagicBand? Seems to me the technology has been vetted...why not provide MagicBands to everyone who wants them (especially Annual Pass Holders)? Is my Disney experience something less merely because I'm staying at a resort not involved in testing (DWL)?

I would much rather be able to wave my wrist to enter my resort room, make purchases, etc., verses having to dig in my pocket/wallet for a card to swipe. Is the issue a production/distribution problem? One would think the number one amusement/entertainment venue in the world would have worked the logistics out. The medium with which the technology is deployed should not be a limiting factor.

This is actually a good question. The media should work, whether it's a Magic Band or an RFID KttW card. What they're actually testing is the back-end infrastructure (turnstiles, FP pods, MM+ kiosks, network infrastructure, and the servers and other IT components).

I suppose they're only allowing guests to test the system by using Magic Bands as a way to ingrain in guests' heads that Magic Bands = MM+....and also to limit the number of guests using the system right off the bat, so that it doesn't become overloaded while they're still debugging it.

biggy H

I added my MNSSHP will call number to my account on MDE and when I checked in the ticket was added to my KTTK without me asking although due to a slight mix up of having two accounts for the OH, she ended up with a seperate ticket after a little while trying to find it as it was linked to the wrong account.

mmouse

Just a heads up that more hotels are being added. Bay lake was not part of the current rollout for the Sept to October test, but is going live soon. Staying there starting October 10 and as of yesterday had no access to FP+ or Magic Bands. As of today we can customize and select both. It just so happens that I was at Bay Lake for 1 night this past Monday as I was in town for business. I asked CM that checked me in if there was any word when Bay Lake may be added since Contemporary was....she looked at me, smiled and says rumor has it that Bay lake goes live for October. At first I thought she said just to get me not to ask any other questions. Well late Monday night I went to room and the Key did not work. A regular CM in the BL lobby was able to help me out so I didn't have to go to contemporary desk to solve. I was talking with him and he said Sept 28 is go live for Bay lake. Sure enough today days later my wife goes on line and we can now book FP+ and customize bands.

I admit I am not happy about what FP+ will do for standby lines at rides like HM and Pirates but there is something to be said about the convenience it will offer. For us Magic Bands are going to be great. No more reaching for park ticket, room key, credit card, FP etc. That gets old after awhile.

LaunchPadMcQuack

I am staying in the Cabins @ Fort Wilderness late October. As of yesterday I was able to secure FastPass+. The customize your magic band link works, but when I try to confirm my address I get an error. Hopefully I will be able to get the MagicBands soon.

ExtinctJenn

Just a heads up that more hotels are being added. Bay lake was not part of the current rollout for the Sept to October test, but is going live soon. Staying there starting October 10 and as of yesterday had no access to FP+ or Magic Bands. As of today we can customize and select both. It just so happens that I was at Bay Lake for 1 night this past Monday as I was in town for business. I asked CM that checked me in if there was any word when Bay Lake may be added since Contemporary was....she looked at me, smiled and says rumor has it that Bay lake goes live for October. At first I thought she said just to get me not to ask any other questions. Well late Monday night I went to room and the Key did not work. A regular CM in the BL lobby was able to help me out so I didn't have to go to contemporary desk to solve. I was talking with him and he said Sept 28 is go live for Bay lake. Sure enough today days later my wife goes on line and we can now book FP+ and customize bands.

I admit I am not happy about what FP+ will do for standby lines at rides like HM and Pirates but there is something to be said about the convenience it will offer. For us Magic Bands are going to be great. No more reaching for park ticket, room key, credit card, FP etc. That gets old after awhile.
I keep watching WDWMagic for an official announcement but I've been hearing rumor of the same. That said, the official site still says MM+ will go live "later this year" so I'll be shocked if it isn't in full go-live by November 1st. We arrive December 2nd so I'm hoping that when I go in to check-in online (October 2nd I guess that'd be) we'll be able to complete our setup. We're staying at CBR but with our arrival date being December I am griping tightly to the hope that we can, mostly because I don't want to end up with a) boring gray bands and/or b) last minute abilities to book FP+. Here's hoping!

AUPr8Hd

Yes, Bay Lake has gone active. I received notification when I logged on yesterday to customize my bands for our trip starting 10/6

Last edited:

ExtinctJenn

We check in at Boardwalk Villas on Oct 17th. We now have access to fastpass+ and MagicBands also. Looks like the rollout is beginning.
I think you're right... it seems like as more folks are checking in online more resorts are "supporting" it without any official announcement.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I almost feel bad sharing this, with so many posters anxiously hoping to get MagicBands.

We have APs, and were selected for testing in August (we stayed at AKL). We are going back in October, and a few weeks ago I was able to secure our FP+ since the "testing" is going on through October. I just assumed we would use our same MagicBands from our August visit.

Well, UPS delivered another "You were selected to participate in testing" letter yesterday, asking us to log in to MDE and customize our MagicBands.

So now we have two sets...different colors, of course ;)

stevehousse

I just did online check in today for our stay in November, but nothing yet! We would really like to be able to use the band and FP+ selections...hopefully as we get closer to actually leave, it'll pop up!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom