myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

jr105

Does everyone on the reservation need to participate in the test?
My travel companion is not so keen on wearing the magic band.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Does everyone on the reservation need to participate in the test?
My travel companion is not so keen on wearing the magic band.
No. Your companion can use the KTTW card in lieu of the band (my husband didn't like wearing the band either.)

DicksonGR

So just to get some clarification ... I have NOT been contacted by email to take part however I am able to log into MDE, customise magic bands and book FP+ for my entire stay. Is this a good sign I'm part of the test? I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge starting 3rd September. It may be that my travel agent was contacted by email and just not passed the message on?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So just to get some clarification ... I have NOT been contacted by email to take part however I am able to log into MDE, customise magic bands and book FP+ for my entire stay. Is this a good sign I'm part of the test? I'm staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge starting 3rd September. It may be that my travel agent was contacted by email and just not passed the message on?
Yes, this means you are part of the test.

RSoxNo1

You can book day of technically. There are no limitations on that.
Yes, and you can book a Le Cellier reservation day of as well... you're missing the point. It's more about availability and they explicitly said that would not be holding any Fastpasses back for day guests.

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, and you can book a Le Cellier reservation day of as well... you're missing the point. It's more about availability and they explicitly said that would not be holding any Fastpasses back for day guests.

Correct. During this testing phase, guests will see an artificially high number of available FP+s (which is what Disney wants, so those happy guests can take the poison back to the nests with them). Once everyone in the park is on the system, it will be exactly like the dining system, if not worse.

ExtinctJenn

I was just answering the question of "how many days prior to arrival can you book?" I read that as "how many days in advance of my arrival can I book a trip?" No point was missed. It was a question and it's associated answer. :)

Slov72

Anyone have any idea what is the plan for after October 31? Will they again expand to new resorts? Roll-out completely on November 1st? or something else? I am arriving at the Coronado on the 2nd of November and was trying to gauge our chances of getting magic bands.

Semantje

Just found this thread and it sure answered some of my questions! I guess we are part of the test as well and made my fastpass+ reservations yesterday.

I also had the chance to costomize my bands wich i did and choose them to be shipped. Now i have read after that they only do shipping in de US and since i am in the Netherlands im not sure if i will get them. I did not get any message saying that they couldnt ship them to my country after i put in my address.

What do you think will happen? Will they send them to the hotel in stead or do they ship them international?

Semantje

Never mind, found it on the page for magic bands. There is a red dot besides my address and when scrolling over it tells me that if i am outside the us i can pick them up at the hotel desk.

G8rchamps

Correct. During this testing phase, guests will see an artificially high number of available FP+s (which is what Disney wants, so those happy guests can take the poison back to the nests with them). Once everyone in the park is on the system, it will be exactly like the dining system, if not worse.

I really hope your wrong, but very afraid your exactly correct...

asianway

Wish there were a way to "marry" this post I love it so much!

Hobnail Boot

If you take part in the test, would it be possible to get a standard room key as well? I want to try this out, but I'm only there for my birthday weekend and I don't want to have to spend time at a desk because my band is malfunctioning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom