My WDW Proposal!

jennc2001

oh my goodness....i'm totally crying and don't even know you! :)
that is such an awesome story and you did such a great job on the original proposal!!!! congratulations!!!

Gooch

Haha, you got engaged on my birthday. Cool. Well, congrats. Hope all turns out well & that I'm someday able to pull something similar off. :)

wdwmomof3

That was a great story and the detail that you put into everything right down to the pictures is so sweet & romantic.

I wish the two of you the best of luck. By the way, she is beautiful.:)

WDWFigment

Original Poster
Have you set a date yet?
Know where you're going for your honeymoon...?:lol:

Yeah, we did. I don't remember the exact date, but it's June 2010. I won't have any sufficiently long breaks from law school to have both a wedding and a honeymoon until I graduate, so we're having a long engagement.

We plan on doing a "land and sea" Disney Cruise for our honeymoon--staying at the Poly, of course!

That was a great story and the detail that you put into everything right down to the pictures is so sweet & romantic.

I wish the two of you the best of luck. By the way, she is beautiful.:)

Thanks!

figmentmom

Wow, I just clicked on this thread for the first time - what a GREAT story, and GREAT pictures (photogenic as ever, you two!!!!) Congratulations! :sohappy:

erstwo

I have to say, after 4 years of college, 400+ sorority sisters and 250 or so candle passes (and their "engagement stories") this rates right up there in the top ten best stories I've heard.

I think the only guy who surpasses your planning is my friend/ s. sister whose (now) husband wrote, illistrated, and published (hello!) a children's book and set it up in her favorite book store to propose.

Belated congrats to you and rock on with your awesome story!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
I think the only guy who surpasses your planning is my friend/ s. sister whose (now) husband wrote, illistrated, and published (hello!) a children's book and set it up in her favorite book store to propose.

But was the book store in Walt Disney World? Just kidding, that is an impressive proposal story.

WDWFigment

Original Poster
How are the wedding plans going? You're going to have to keep us updated! :D

I'm not the one to ask about wedding planning...but I do know we have set a date! Kidding, I know a little more than that. I know all of the important details: we are honeymooning at WDW and staying at the Poly, and are taking a Disney Cruise thereafter. (Not the Land/Sea package...we're doing it our own way).

I also know that "we" have a ton of wedding magazines, books, etc.

PolynesianMedic

This is such a great proposal! AWESOME job! I can also tell you that I got married at the Poly on Sunset Point, and it is my favorite place in the whole world! The photo's are spectacular! Can't wait to see the wedding and honeymoon pics that you might post.

Jenna

That is a gorgeous story and beautiful pics! Your girlfriend is lucky to have a guy like you and she's beautiful (you're a handsome chap too) Hopefully we can all find someone who will put so much effort in!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
*tear* that is so beautiful!!!

How romantic!!!

What a beautiful couple!!!

ps: it's exactly how I want to be proposed to.:eek:

Thanks!

This is such a great proposal! AWESOME job! I can also tell you that I got married at the Poly on Sunset Point, and it is my favorite place in the whole world! The photo's are spectacular! Can't wait to see the wedding and honeymoon pics that you might post.

You know, I'm still eagerly waiting to see some of these photos. We aren't going to get married at the Poly, but it still is our favorite resort (any honeymoon destination) so it would be great to see them!

That is a gorgeous story and beautiful pics! Your girlfriend is lucky to have a guy like you and she's beautiful (you're a handsome chap too) Hopefully we can all find someone who will put so much effort in!

Thanks! The effort was definitely well worth it; she's absolutely great!

Fashionista007

I just stumbled on this thread and I'm all teary! You guys remind me so much of me and my boyfriend, same age group, same love for disney on both sides. Congratulations and I wish you guys all the happiness in the world!

My boyfriend and I are taking our first trip to WDW together in December. We've both been there before with our families but never together as a couple. I'm not expecting a proposal on this trip (I think it's too early in our relationship) but he is the best friend I've ever had and I'm looking forward to a proposal like this in the future :) He's already talking about how we're going to be the cutest and most in love couple in all of WDW!

WDWFigment

Original Poster
UPDATE: Our engagement story is included in an article on weddings and engagements at Walt Disney World in the February/March issue of Orlando Attractions Magazine. To preview the issue, click here! (To see our story, click "Happily Ever After").

TakeMeThere81

That's so cool that you guys got featured!

My DH and I are actually renewing our vows this year and taking our own version of Land/Sea "honeymoon" as well! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom