My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

danyoung56

El_Tomato

It's not really an opinion, and rather how I see a certain situation: those who were complaining about Disney removing the Mickey head shape from the MagicBand readers over in Pandora will probably not complain when they do the same over in Star Wars Land.
Just my two cents, though.

s8film40

IllumiNations is the worst firework show in the WDW parks.
I agree with this one too! The old Illuminations was good, but the current show is just long drawn out over dramatic music with a few fireworks occasionally interspersed. I would go a step further and say it's the worst fireworks show in Central Florida.

bclane

Other than theming and queues, Disney coasters are no bueno. No thrills, scares, or impending doom! I still ride them though!
I love it, but I also think Space Mountain is really scary actually. Not because of the coaster itself, but I'm honestly afraid I'll get impaled by some part of the structure every time I ride. You can't see much because it's so dark, but what you do see looks so old and rickety. Terrifying!

bh_trade

Ok, I'm game . . .

-Disney resorts: ALL of them are over-priced (even the "value" resorts) and not worth it. Staying at an offsite condo or villa for less $$ with a full kitchen and triple the square footage is the only way to go.
-EPCOT (even in its current state) is still the best theme park in Florida
-Magic Kingdom is hideously over-crowded and that alone makes it less enjoyable than it could be
-Stitch's Great Adventure isn't that bad
-American Adventure is under-rated. How does one not get the chills during "Golden Dream"?!?
-TestTrack 2.0 > TestTrack 1.0 if for no other reason than 1.0's extremely noisy queue
-Flight of Passage lived up to its own hype

Eckert

MK is always super crowded with long lines and literally nothing else to do other than wait in line. It's always a chore to get to. It's my least visited park because besides a few classics (Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Tom Sawyer and Main Street in particular) it's not fun for an adult who has a healthy sense of detachment from the Disney brand.

I only go to be there at night for the fireworks, and even then it's a hot mess there as well. It's the most concrete jungle out of all the parks, I feel.

Tinkerfan4ever

giphy.gif
Maybe I should have been more clear. I totally understand what they are doing in World Showcase. I just don't get the appeal of it. LOL

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I guess my unpopular opinion would be don't bring your little princess or prince until they are old enough to walk the parks. We saw a lot of babies and infants last month. Also a lot of kids that looked too old to be in strollers.

I don't think parents should bring them until they're old enough to live on their own, but that's just me. :hilarious:

TrojanUSC

The Disney Dining Plan sucks. By getting you to prepay for your meals, the need for diverse menus and quality food kind of took a back seat. Certainly there are exceptions to this rule (some of the signature restaurants, operating participants at Disney Springs, etc), but as a whole food quality has suffered because of it. DDP also led to a homogenization of menus and sourcing. Finally, because people feel the need to get their monies worth, it has filled restaurants to the brim and removed the ability to spontaneous, forcing you to plan your days out 180+ days in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom