My Unpopular WDW Opinion - post yours!

Miceberg

Don't get the appeal of the following:
Turkey Legs, Illuminations, Dinosaur, Dole Whip Floats, Autopia, Space Mountain and the whiplash that follows it, shops with items I can buy outside the park (Sunglasses Hut, etc) and please don't kill me - Starbucks in the parks.

SSH

Turkey Legs, Illuminations, Dinosaur, Dole Whip Floats, Autopia, Space Mountain and the whiplash that follows it, shops with items I can buy outside the park (Sunglasses Hut, etc) and please don't kill me - Starbucks in the parks.

Forgot about the turkey legs! Yuck. They look and smell so good, but we tried one years ago - so much fat/gristle and all dark meat. I love turkey and chicken in almost any form normally - especially roasted. I definitely don't get the love for those legs.

(But diff strokes as others have said.) I once mentioned liking Uni's frozen butterbeer with a shot of rum or fireball on Uni pages and a couple people jumped in to inform me how disgusting butterbeer was and how much they hate it. :hilarious: :hilarious::hilarious:

tissandtully

Dole Whip is overrated, it's not anything special, you can literally buy the mix on Amazon and many other parks serve it, including Universal. But I will say that it is damn tasty on a hot day in Adventureland.

EpcotMark

A Table service experience in the parks is a waste of time and money. Better experienced outside the park when you are not wasting theme park time and admission dollars.

Phonedave

Dole Whip is overrated, it's not anything special, you can literally buy the mix on Amazon and many other parks serve it, including Universal. But I will say that it is damn tasty on a hot day in Adventureland.

I agree, except I will not go so far as to say it is damn tasty - I don't it tasty at all.

Phonedave

A Table service experience in the parks is a waste of time and money. Better experienced outside the park when you are not wasting theme park time and admission dollars.

I would agree, except for me, eating outside the parks means I have to leave the park. That's taking up time. But yes, most food at WDW is garbage. Teh food at the resorts is better than the food in the parks, but still, overall, WDW dining leave a lot to be desired.

-dave

Phonedave

Forgot about the turkey legs! Yuck. They look and smell so good, but we tried one years ago - so much fat/gristle and all dark meat. I love turkey and chicken in almost any form normally - especially roasted. I definitely don't get the love for those legs.

(But diff strokes as others have said.) I once mentioned liking Uni's frozen butterbeer with a shot of rum or fireball on Uni pages and a couple people jumped in to inform me how disgusting butterbeer was and how much they hate it. :hilarious: :hilarious::hilarious:

Turkey Leg - I like them, but not in the parks, in the sun, wrapped in a napkin
Dinosaur - My kids love, love, love it - I fail to see the appeal
Dole Whip Floats - again, I fail to see the appeal
Starbucks - I can't understand overpriced crap coffee and what amounts to liquid candy inside or outside of the parks.

Princess Leia

I don't understand the appeal in staying at a Deluxe resort when you're you're spending every day at the park. It's essentially just a room to sleep in, why spend all of that money?

As of my last few visits to WDW (this could change upon the next visit), DHS > DAK.

Also- kind of wanting to skip the fireworks at MK during the next visit to try to get on another ride.

correcaminos

I don't understand the appeal in staying at a Deluxe resort when you're you're spending every day at the park. It's essentially just a room to sleep in, why spend all of that money?
Just to honestly answer, not everyone spends all day in the parks. We spend a lot of time in our room and at the resort. It is why we do 2 bedrooms for 4 or less people and why quiet resorts appeal. If we just slept there I might agree, but even then I'd say the location of some are hard to beat

EpcotMark

Jeremy Irons version of SSE was the best. Not only the narration but the ride flowed so much better, as did the music and it had the best descent with the model of SSE and the sparkling/twinkling lights.

100 percent agree. By the way, That Descent Music I think was Bach Sinfonia Number 2.

The ride really I thought gave the guest a psychological or motivational push to go out and explore the rest of the park. Or maybe just goosebumps. In any event, it worked for me.

COrunner

Good Thread,

Here goes:

Groups of any size over 10 should be banned. Sorry not sorry to large families and family reunions.

I don't understand the Frozen/Midway Madness/Character Meet n Greet insanity.

Tomorrowland Speedway should go green to fit with the times.

Avatar land was and is a stupid idea with money better spent on anything Pixar.

Chef Mickey

Good Thread,

Here goes:

Groups of any size over 10 should be banned. Sorry not sorry to large families and family reunions.

I don't understand the Frozen/Midway Madness/Character Meet n Greet insanity.

Tomorrowland Speedway should go green to fit with the times.

Avatar land was and is a stupid idea with money better spent on anything Pixar.
Have you seen Pandora in person and ridden FoP?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom