My Really? Let's go, really? YAY!!!! Trip Report March 15 - 17, 2010

My first trip of the year! Yay!!!!!

Background: We have a family owned condo in the Siesta Key/ Sarasota area (my Chicago based inlaw's "snow bird" place.) Which of course = free beach trip whenever we want, so we headed down for Spring Break. We had decided due to the cost of stopping off at WDW and the fact that we have a trip planned in December, we would just skip a visit to Orlando this trip.

Well, on the way down, DH turns to me and says - "Let's just go." Really? Let's go really? Yep. He meant it. My MIL was flying in to join us at the condo on Sunday, so we decided to head to WDW on Monday and depart on Wednesday. Originally, we wanted to do 2 days in the parks, but my MIL is not big on theme parks and when we thought about it, we didn't want to put her through 2 Theme Park Commando days. 1 would just about do her in! (Plus we'd save about $200 on park tickets.) So we decided on one "go until you drop day at MK - Tuesday March 16.

We called WDW reservations - managed to get a room at All Star Music for both nights (WITH the 20% discount!) We decided against the DDP since there were no ressies available - I started a thread - thanks to everyone who answered! :wave:

We arrived around 3pm on Monday (couldn't get the hubby to move any faster! I would have been there at 8! :ROFLOL:) We found ASMu in pieces!

4442307278_07ce7102d7_b.jpg

Well, not really, they were just redoing the bus stop area. This is what some of the temporary bus stops looked like:
4442316178_e9ea8c0a3b_b.jpg

Check in!
4441536995_a85bb78192_b.jpg

Sonny with a Chance I think?

I think this is my negotiator husband asking - can't you get us any closer to the food court?
4442317644_503258ae41_b.jpg

The answer was no, and we ended up in Rock - on the back side (which we love - SO quiet!)
4442318984_0d671e6228_b.jpg

4441538445_95207f3614_b.jpg

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that there were 4 billion cheerleaders there when we arrived. I think the Cheer Competition was the weekend before. We had ZERO problems with them! :sohappy: I think the lifeguards had a little trouble doing their jobs...... it was probably hard to concentrate on the water...... but other than that, they were all well behaved and well mannered.

After a little snack from the food court:
4442319834_3789a172df_b.jpg

We were off to Downtown Disney!

erstwo

Original Poster
You took some really good pictures. :wave:
Thank you!

Loved your trip report! Your photographs are amazing - I especially love the one of your little girl on the tea cups & with Belle. You really have a beautiful family. :)

Happy to hear you had no problems with the cheerleaders! I have heard some horror stories, so it's nice to hear a positive story. Glad you had a great trip :wave:

Thanks!

Yes, the cheerleaders were no problem. I thought it was great to have a positive experience too! But I do think this cheer competition is different than the Pop Warner one.

Excellent report!..Love spur of the moments surprises..:D

Outfit was great..I would have done the same thing!..Gorgeous family!..:D

Me too. :)

Thanks - they are going to be some great (if expensive pajamas!) Thanks so much!

HollyBelle

Great report!! Aren't last minute trips just so much fun?! I echo everyone else's sentiments regarding the pictures of your daughter with Belle. Adorable. And I, of course, love all the candid shots! Have fun at your Grand Gathering! :sohappy:

disneygirl1

Awesome report!!! My great aunt has a winter home in the Braderton/Sarasota area too! How long did it take to drive to Disney from there???

Also, you are right, the cheerleaders were there last week! :ROFLOL: My son's teacher was there with her daughter! :animwink:

So where are you staying in Dec??? I will be there the 3rd to the 11th!!! I am so excited for it to get here! All my son and I do it talk about Disney too! But, I can't do it this trip b/c it's a surprise! So now all I get out of him is the sad stories that this person or that person is going to Disney but he's NOT!!! :animwink: Little does he know! ;)

Can't wait for more!

lisak09

Great report, loved the pictures. We have ADRs for dinner in The Crystal Palace for our trip in August so im glad to hear you enjoyed it:)

erstwo

Original Poster
Great report! Helps keep the countdown going!
I've read your pre trip report - can't wait for your trip either! It will help me with my countdown until December. :)

Great report!! Aren't last minute trips just so much fun?! I echo everyone else's sentiments regarding the pictures of your daughter with Belle. Adorable. And I, of course, love all the candid shots! Have fun at your Grand Gathering! :sohappy:

It was so much fun. My daughter has taken a liking to Belle recently. She was on a Cinderella kick for years, but now she takes her Belle doll everywhere. Thank you so much!

Awesome report!!! My great aunt has a winter home in the Braderton/Sarasota area too! How long did it take to drive to Disney from there???

Also, you are right, the cheerleaders were there last week! :ROFLOL: My son's teacher was there with her daughter! :animwink:

So where are you staying in Dec??? I will be there the 3rd to the 11th!!! I am so excited for it to get here! All my son and I do it talk about Disney too! But, I can't do it this trip b/c it's a surprise! So now all I get out of him is the sad stories that this person or that person is going to Disney but he's NOT!!! :animwink: Little does he know! ;)

Can't wait for more!

It took us about an hour and a half. The GPS in our car says exactly 1 hour and 26 minutes from the condo to All Star Music, but we *might* have taken a wrong turn or two (yes even with the GPS - I just don't trust that lady for some reason :)) that added a few minutes onto the trip.

We are staying at Pop. My sister has been saving for over 2 years for this trip. She wanted to stay at the Poly, but I told her to save her money and put it toward her next trip. :lol: (She thinks she'll only want to go once, I know better. ;)) So sorry you can't talk about it with your son! We didn't tell our kids until we got in the car that day. I only had to wait a day and a half and it KILLED me! I can't imagine a whole year!

Love the TR. Cool about Tiana; very nice pictures, too!

Thanks! It was really awesome. I have no idea how Tiana and Naveen knew what was scaring her, but sure enough, as soon as Naveen moved away from Tiana, she was willing to meet Tiana. It was so nice of them!

Great report, loved the pictures. We have ADRs for dinner in The Crystal Palace for our trip in August so im glad to hear you enjoyed it:)

I think you will love it! I never eat fish (just make myself every once in a while since it is healthy for me) and they had a salmon there that was amazing. Everything else on the buffet was fantastic too!

TakeMeThere81

I agree about rounding the corner and seeing the castle. It always gives me happy-happy feelings!! I think it is the magical combination of the main street music, the yummy smells and the beautiful castle. It gets me every time.

Too bad you didn't see the fireworks, but I know what you mean. Our trip in December went the same way(Disneyland though). It was just so cold that we couldn't stand another minute outside and we were so tired. Sometimes its ok to skip the fireworks. There's always next time!

disneygirl1

It took us about an hour and a half. The GPS in our car says exactly 1 hour and 26 minutes from the condo to All Star Music, but we *might* have taken a wrong turn or two (yes even with the GPS - I just don't trust that lady for some reason :)) that added a few minutes onto the trip.

We are staying at Pop. My sister has been saving for over 2 years for this trip. She wanted to stay at the Poly, but I told her to save her money and put it toward her next trip. :lol: (She thinks she'll only want to go once, I know better. ;)) So sorry you can't talk about it with your son! We didn't tell our kids until we got in the car that day. I only had to wait a day and a half and it KILLED me! I can't imagine a whole year!

Oh that is not a bad drive at all!!!

We are at Pop too!!! We are so excited! I am determined to keep this trip a surprise for the DS. All I have to do is book our air fare and we are all set! Then all I will need to do is wait for December to get here!! :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom