My Magic + is behind schedule

asialeigh

Actually I'll be using an old 10-day non-expiring park hopper I bought through Undercover Tourist a couple years ago. I added it to my reservation. Should I be able to use that to get paper FPs?

No. Because these are old paper tickets they are not really active media tickets. Even if you technically linked them in my Disney experience they need to be redeemed for RFID ticket media in order for them to be on your magic bands. Therefore you need need to give up those paper tickets, get hard card tickets and those will be put on your bands. Now you could use the RFID media ticket to get into the park, use fastpass+ and etc. but old tickets must be put on new ticket media.

Bairstow

No. Because these are old paper tickets they are not really active media tickets. Even if you technically linked them in my Disney experience they need to be redeemed for RFID ticket media in order for them to be on your magic bands. Therefore you need need to give up those paper tickets, get hard card tickets and those will be put on your bands. Now you could use the RFID media ticket to get into the park, use fastpass+ and etc. but old tickets must be put on new ticket media.

Perhaps things have changed since September, but when we visited then we had 5-day paper passes from Undercover Tourist and were staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge with "rented" DVC points.
They shipped us MagicBands in the mail and before we got down there we were able to link our passes with the bands using the website. Once we actually got to the resort we were given Key to the World Cards too, which we never used. We were never asked to "give up" the paper tickets. Throughout or visit, we used the MagicBands for park entry and FastPassPlus, but were able to use the paper tickets to get normal Fastpasses at the same time.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Same reason they didn't announce the Test Track refurb until like the day before

I was there the last evening before TT went down for refurb. Nobody seemed aware. I got into the park late and only went to ride TT one last time, have dinner and EMH at MK. The next day DS and I went to Epcot and people kept walking up to the two CMs in front of the board blocking off TT. Everyone was dumbfounded.

But remember they were going to keep Soar'n and living with the land open an hour after Illuminations as a make up? Two days later I followed the herd towards/out of the park and made a left towards the Land, I heard one person say, where is she going? and followed me. Then there was a family in the walk ways on that side. I was mother duck, one group following and they joined my pack. CM posted outside seemed surprised to see us as it wasn't listed on the schedule as open late. I walked in the stand by lane all the way up to the queue to load. We had a show for about 10 people. Got off went on Land, that was creepy in there by myself at night.

By the time I was done, the bus line was shorter and off to my resort after a nice bonus 2 rides.

jrlbc06

Perhaps things have changed since September, but when we visited then we had 5-day paper passes from Undercover Tourist and were staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge with "rented" DVC points.
They shipped us MagicBands in the mail and before we got down there we were able to link our passes with the bands using the website. Once we actually got to the resort we were given Key to the World Cards too, which we never used. We were never asked to "give up" the paper tickets. Throughout or visit, we used the MagicBands for park entry and FastPassPlus, but were able to use the paper tickets to get normal Fastpasses at the same time.

This was my experience as well.

sparky03

This was my experience as well.

I was there the last evening before TT went down for refurb. Nobody seemed aware. I got into the park late and only went to ride TT one last time, have dinner and EMH at MK. The next day DS and I went to Epcot and people kept walking up to the two CMs in front of the board blocking off TT. Everyone was dumbfounded.

But remember they were going to keep Soar'n and living with the land open an hour after Illuminations as a make up? Two days later I followed the herd towards/out of the park and made a left towards the Land, I heard one person say, where is she going? and followed me. Then there was a family in the walk ways on that side. I was mother duck, one group following and they joined my pack. CM posted outside seemed surprised to see us as it wasn't listed on the schedule as open late. I walked in the stand by lane all the way up to the queue to load. We had a show for about 10 people. Got off went on Land, that was creepy in there by myself at night.

By the time I was done, the bus line was shorter and off to my resort after a nice bonus 2 rides.

Thanks. I will have to remember to pack my trusty old park hopper now. No big deal--it will be my reminder of the days when a trip to WDW was a much simpler affair. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While I would love to see more attractions going up, I am a firm believer in getting infrastructure, which is what this is, down first.

Fixing crumbling IT infrastructure shouldn't be used as an excuse not to build new attractions.

Implementing new technology that overwhelming wasn't needed to replace anything shouldn't be used as an excuse not to build new attractions.

Forcing through new rules and systems that could directly impact both your and my visits in the future, along with millions of others, shouldn't be used as an excuse to not build new attractions.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Fixing crumbling IT infrastructure shouldn't be used as an excuse not to build new attractions.

Implementing new technology that overwhelming wasn't needed to replace anything shouldn't be used as an excuse not to build new attractions.

Forcing through new rules and systems that could directly impact both your and my visits in the future, along with millions of others, shouldn't be used as an excuse to not build new attractions.
I guess we are not longer counting the FL expansion as building attractions?

ToTBellHop

I guess we are not longer counting the FL expansion as building attractions?
Two new rides is enough to bridge the gap b/t Midway Mania in 2008 (I think) and Avatar in 2017? Up until 2000, WDW had opened entire new THEME PARKS (and attractions at the remaining parks) in that amount of time. Let's not give Disney too much credit for opening copies of two rides designed for other parks as part of their "largest expansion in MK park history." And a beautiful (albeit unnecessary) restaurant.

Tonka's Skipper

A good point Yoda. Lets not forget, although there has been a lack of new attractions the last few year (while the California parks were sucking up a lot of money), the last 2 years has seen major rebuilding and a return to much better maintenance of attractions. There are a lot of new attractions coming down the road.

Let see, avatar land, star wars land, cars attractions or possibly land, new night show at AK, and a new MK Parade in March. Redesigned Fantastic and new Wishes.

The latest rumor is a new Indiana Jones attraction replacing or being added independently.

One thing I find forgotten in these *I Hate FP+ threads* is that WDW offers so much more then just a major new trill ride. So many small things that continues to enhance the Magic and Pixie dust.

AKK

Weather_Lady

A good point Yoda. Lets not forget, although there has been a lack of new attractions the last few year (while the California parks were sucking up a lot of money), the last 2 years has seen major rebuilding and a return to much better maintenance of attractions. There are a lot of new attractions coming down the road.

Let see, avatar land, star wars land, cars attractions or possibly land, new night show at AK, and a new MK Parade in March. Redesigned Fantastic and new Wishes.

The latest rumor is a new Indiana Jones attraction replacing or being added independently.

One thing I find forgotten in these *I Hate FP+ threads* is that WDW offers so much more then just a major new trill ride. So many small things that continues to enhance the Magic and Pixie dust.

AKK

Thank you for helping us to keep it in perspective.

I've been one of the loudest voices crowing in opposition to FP+, but putting my objections aside, and regardless of whether the rumored additions and expansions come to fruition, I'm still confident that my family (DH, son, daughter, father and aunt, the latter of whom is 70 years young and has never been to WDW before) is going to have a great time when we go in May 2014. We visit just once every 2 years or so, so every minute at WDW is a treat, and all the extra minutes in line, sweaty plastic bracelets, ruined [er, I mean, "reimagined"] or stale attractions, cobwebs and frozen animatronics Disney could throw at us won't steal our sunshine when we're there together.

Still, that's not to say that if we have to "dig for the Magic" in order to find it this time around, that we won't decide to go somewhere else in 2 years instead of WDW, and not return to WDW for another 6 or 8 years, when there's something new to see...

Last edited:

Tonka's Skipper

Hi Weather Lady!

I hope I didn't come off as nasty to anyone. I was just trying to point out that its not all about Thrill rides.

As to FP+ I am still on the fence and will see how our May trip goes.

I am a full believer in the new reservation system to stop multiply bookings.

AKK

pmaljr

We just got back after spending 11/9-11/17 there. The experience was great! We didn't cheat the system, although with our APs we could have gotten both Fastpass and FP+. The bands are a little awkward to put on but you do forget about them. With a little planning beforehand, you can actually enjoy your stay without having to get up at the break of dawn everyday! We actually were able to sleep in and still make our Soarin FP at 11:30am! It seems that this system will work quite well in the offseason. If anyone wants a full review, I can post a text only trip report.

emh1960

Just got off the phone with a rep at Disney. She told me that testing for MyMagic would not be completed until the end of March 2014. I know I shouldn't take a reps word for something but thought I would report it. Also, she lost some credibility when she assured me that the regular FP would not be going away.

Last summer I had trouble entering all parks with my RFID AP, and had to go to Guest Services. 3 different cast members told me while trying to placate my annoyance with losing valuable park time (running for fastpasses at rope drop) that I would never have to do that again because of magic bands, and that paper fastpass machines will be removed.

doctornick

quote="lebeau, post: 5805689, member: 22896"]Speaking only for myself, the FLE counts, but not for much. Especially in the "building attractions" column. If there's one thing that expansion was light on, it's attractions.[/quote]

Well, it's light on "rides" really. In terms of "attractions", they added Belle, Fairytale Hall, Pete's Sideshow and the Casey Jr splash and play -- in addition to the two new rides and expanded Dumbo. I'm not going to debate how worthwhile any of that is, but by Disney's definition of "attraction", they added a bunch.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Two new rides is enough to bridge the gap b/t Midway Mania in 2008 (I think) and Avatar in 2017? Up until 2000, WDW had opened entire new THEME PARKS (and attractions at the remaining parks) in that amount of time. Let's not give Disney too much credit for opening copies of two rides designed for other parks as part of their "largest expansion in MK park history." And a beautiful (albeit unnecessary) restaurant.
Unnecessary restaurant? If any park needed more TS places it was MK.

Goofnut1980

It's funny. We leave for the World on 12/7... We have one night at POP then begin a week on 12/8 at AKL. They gave us MM+ bands for both stays. I had to customize them twice and they shipped out both sets on different days. How much sense does that make??? Shouldn't the system have said, "oh you have another stay scheduled and you will combine the bands"??? so now we have to lug 2 sets around and remember what is what.

Captain Chaos

It's funny. We leave for the World on 12/7... We have one night at POP then begin a week on 12/8 at AKL. They gave us MM+ bands for both stays. I had to customize them twice and they shipped out both sets on different days. How much sense does that make??? Shouldn't the system have said, "oh you have another stay scheduled and you will combine the bands"??? so now we have to lug 2 sets around and remember what is what.
Be aware, I had an issue with switching resorts with my bands... I stayed a few days at BLT and a few at SSR... When I got to SSR, they told me my bands for BLT were not deactivated by the front desk, that I would have issues using my SSR bands... So, while checking into SSR (mind you I did online check in which failed to work), they also had to check me out of BLT, manually deactivate my BLT bands, then manually activate my SSR bands... Online check in should save time right? Well, I was there 20 minutes... So frustrating... One set of bands is all that should be needed.. But hey, MM+ was a great investment over, say, highly themed areas guests could actually enjoy....

Goofnut1980

Be aware, I had an issue with switching resorts with my bands... I stayed a few days at BLT and a few at SSR... When I got to SSR, they told me my bands for BLT were not deactivated by the front desk, that I would have issues using my SSR bands... So, while checking into SSR (mind you I did online check in which failed to work), they also had to check me out of BLT, manually deactivate my BLT bands, then manually activate my SSR bands... Online check in should save time right? Well, I was there 20 minutes... So frustrating... One set of bands is all that should be needed.. But hey, MM+ was a great investment over, say, highly themed areas guests could actually enjoy....

I figured something stooooopid would happen with these. I have yet been able to actually check in online in the normal Disney Experience site. I had to call Disney for the backdoor site (old site) and check in that way. Then when I log into MDE - it still says "check in online" - Duh Disney, I already did that - TWICE.. lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom