My Magic + is behind schedule

RSoxNo1

Yeah. Which is what happened in Anaheim, according to Jay Rasulo in the newspaper article that started this thread. From the Orlando Sentinel...

"Rasulo has also said that some of Disney's other big investments — primarily the California Adventure makeover, which culminated in the 2012 opening of Cars Land — turned profitable faster than the company originally expected." http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-78212219/

Nothing like an amazing new E Ticket attraction anchoring an amazing one-of-a-kind new land in a fabulously freshened theme park to boost division revenues. :cool:
I'm dumbfounded that Disney hasn't pieced together that an investment in quality pays off.

danv3

Its hard to say they took that lesson when MyMagic+ was conceived a few years before last summer.

True, but after the success of CarsLand, they inexplicably seem to be doubling down on the MM+ strategy in Florida rather than pursuing quality attractions (such as what has boosted DCA).

Unless they start charging for FP+ (either directly or by limiting it to on-site guests) I still have trouble seeing how they make back a dime off of everything MM+ entails, let alone $1B+. On the other hand, ROI on expansions/new attractions seems pretty easy to measure.

Bolna

The one thing that really surprised me is that they state that they are still in testing, but at the same time subject all their hotel guests to being "lab rats". It seems like the Pop Century guests will soon be the first that can't "double dip" anymore and will have to make do with FP+.

djlaosc

The one thing that really surprised me is that they state that they are still in testing, but at the same time subject all their hotel guests to being "lab rats". It seems like the Pop Century guests will soon be the first that can't "double dip" anymore and will have to make do with FP+.

I wonder if, when the Pop Century guests find out about this, whether they try to move to the All-Stars in order to still be able to double dip...

GrumpyFan

It's really not that big a de
I wonder if, when the Pop Century guests find out about this, whether they try to move to the All-Stars in order to still be able to double dip...

Not many understand that they can do both if they have the card and band. We stayed in October, and had both but only used the bands and it wasn't really an issue.

PeeplMoovr

EPCOT guests have reported having "too much fun" and asked Disney if there could be a way to limit the number of great attractions people can experience in one day. :p

Disney responded "Of course there's a way. Just wait long enough for them to age and be retired without replacements."

CDavid

It seems like the Pop Century guests will soon be the first that can't "double dip" anymore and will have to make do with FP+.

I must have missed this, but how will Pop Century guests be prevented from 'double dipping'? Is the option of a card (instead of a band) being denied to these guests? Because posters have long argued that nobody will ever be forced to take a band...

djlaosc

I must have missed this, but how will Pop Century guests be prevented from 'double dipping'? Is the option of a card (instead of a band) being denied to these guests? Because posters have long argued that nobody will ever be forced to take a band...

Apparently, they will still have the choice of a card of a band, but the card will not have the magnetic strip on it that will allow it to work in FastPass machines, so they will only have access to FP+

wogwog

POP will issue "special" cards if a guest insists. The cards will be without the mag stripe that activates the paper fast pass machine.

sparky03

Is this confirmed? Starting when? I have reservations for POP in Feb 2014. If this is true, I will be switching resorts.

Or better yet I'll just switch to Uni. Keeping up with all these rule changes is really getting irritating.

jrlbc06

Is this confirmed? Starting when? I have reservations for POP in Feb 2014. If this is true, I will be switching resorts.

Or better yet I'll just switch to Uni. Keeping up with all these rule changes is really getting irritating.

This is confirmed and has already started I believe.

You can switch resorts, but by February, I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of the property has switched away from Keys to the World Cards and has Magic Bands only.

The other alternative is to not buy your tickets through Disney. Buying your tickets through AAA or some other similar outlet will still be card tickets with magnetic strips.

sparky03

This is confirmed and has already started I believe.

You can switch resorts, but by February, I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of the property has switched away from Keys to the World Cards and has Magic Bands only.

The other alternative is to not buy your tickets through Disney. Buying your tickets through AAA or some other similar outlet will still be card tickets with magnetic strips.
Actually I'll be using an old 10-day non-expiring park hopper I bought through Undercover Tourist a couple years ago. I added it to my reservation. Should I be able to use that to get paper FPs?

stevehousse

We had no problems at all with using our bands this week. We only used FP legacy once during our stay, I even forgot to bring our KTTW cards with us on our last park day and still had no issues at all. The only other time I had to use a KTTW card was when I locked myself out of my room and had to go to the front desk to get a new card to get in. I completely forgot I had taken my band off !?! All te other people I talked to about using them all said they had no problems either. I think maybe twice I had to scan my band 2 times for it to go through on the reader at a store because it wouldn't read the first time.

jrlbc06

Actually I'll be using an old 10-day non-expiring park hopper I bought through Undercover Tourist a couple years ago. I added it to my reservation. Should I be able to use that to get paper FPs?

You should be able to. As long as you have a paper/plastic ticket with the magnetic strip that should work.

Of course that assumes that paper fastpasses will still be available in February. They can decide to change / discontinue at any time but I'm not sure how likely that would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom