My Magic + is behind schedule

Captain Chaos

I figured something stooooopid would happen with these. I have yet been able to actually check in online in the normal Disney Experience site. I had to call Disney for the backdoor site (old site) and check in that way. Then when I log into MDE - it still says "check in online" - Duh Disney, I already did that - TWICE.. lol
LOL... I did the online check in for BLT and SSR... When I got to BLT, they had no updates or information on me regarding my online check in... NOTHING!!!!! Had to go through the whole check in process... When I went to SSR, they at least had my packet and room ready... So it at least worked for SSR.. however, I was told at BLT that I did not have to check out to have my bands deactivated... apparently, I did have to... The CM at SSR told me I had to wait in line so the desk CM could check out my BLT stay manually... Took 20 minutes to have him check me out of BLT, deactivate those bands and activate my SSR bands... That is 40 minutes (or more maybe) of doing check-in in person when I already did it online.. Such a hassle...

Tigger1988

It's funny. We leave for the World on 12/7... We have one night at POP then begin a week on 12/8 at AKL. They gave us MM+ bands for both stays. I had to customize them twice and they shipped out both sets on different days. How much sense does that make??? Shouldn't the system have said, "oh you have another stay scheduled and you will combine the bands"??? so now we have to lug 2 sets around and remember what is what.
You don't need to lug around both. We had 2 sets for my split stay last week, used the first set for the entire stay without issue. You can also deactivate bands as you see fit via MDE.

asianway

When will making a FP+ reservation actually remove a day from your ticket? Cant have people cybersquatting on valuable Fastpasses they may not use.

lebeau

quote="lebeau, post: 5805689, member: 22896"]Well, it's light on "rides" really. In terms of "attractions", they added Belle, Fairytale Hall, Pete's Sideshow and the Casey Jr splash and play -- in addition to the two new rides and expanded Dumbo. I'm not going to debate how worthwhile any of that is, but by Disney's definition of "attraction", they added a bunch.

I think you have to weight it though. They added a bunch of stuff that counts for very little (IMHO). The net effect is still a lot of not much.

Bairstow

When will making a FP+ reservation actually remove a day from your ticket? Cant have people cybersquatting on valuable Fastpasses they may not use.

You joke, but Disney has actually been super cool to people who have booked a FP+ reservation that they couldn't use or didn't end up needing.
There are a couple reports of people who have scheduled reservations for things like, say, Test Track during the slower part of September, and when they got there the attraction turned out to be walk-on. Disney ended up crediting the family an extra FP+ reservation to "make up" for the wasted one.

asianway

I think you have to weight it though. They added a bunch of stuff that counts for very little (IMHO). The net effect is still a lot of not much.
Ill count Belle - the others are a push, Princesses, meet Mickey, and Donalds boat closed. So did the Toontown and Pooh play areas...

lebeau

You joke, but Disney has actually been super cool to people who have booked a FP+ reservation that they couldn't use or didn't end up needing.
There are a couple reports of people who have scheduled reservations for things like, say, Test Track during the slower part of September, and when they got there the attraction turned out to be walk-on. Disney ended up crediting the family an extra FP+ reservation to "make up" for the wasted one.

I wouldn't count on that continuing once this thing rolls out for real.

doctornick

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying the problem is a lack of "rides" more than a lack of (by Disney definition) "attractions" which there were quite a few. Though, as mentioned, many were replacements for other attractions, so net gain being minimal.

lebeau

Ill count Belle - the others are a push, Princesses, meet Mickey, and Donalds boat closed. So did the Toontown and Pooh play areas...

Fair enough.

Even Belle is basically an upgraded version of the old Storytime With Belle Show though.

Bairstow

I wouldn't count on that continuing once this thing rolls out for real.

Probably not, but they're probably going to still continue to do the automatically-generated E-mail thing where if a ride is offline when you were scheduled to ride it you get make-up FP+ allowances at any other attraction at the park.

On the other hand, there's no telling what Guest Services will do if you cry loud and long enough at the counter.

jrlbc06

You don't need to lug around both. We had 2 sets for my split stay last week, used the first set for the entire stay without issue. You can also deactivate bands as you see fit via MDE.

Same for me. Moved from BLT to Beach Club, had two sets of magic bands sent (one for each) but was able to keep using BLT throughout the stay.

BubbaQuest

Doug Mitchelson, a media-industry equities analyst with Deutsche Bank..."This is a project of relatively historic undertaking," he added. "It's never been done."

Ya, cause customer loyalty programs, eWallets, and online reservations are so 22nd Century! Seriously what am I missing about the program that hasn't been done before?

Buried20KLeague

Ya, cause customer loyalty programs, eWallets, and online reservations are so 22nd Century! Seriously what am I missing about the program that hasn't been done before?

B-b-b-b-but...

It's a BAND though!!!

I could not agree more. When I hear about how great someone thinks these things are, it reminds me of a snake oil salesman... Or a televangelist.

It's like history's most expensive shell game ever played that didn't involve a government.

The Mom

Premium Member
I deleted all of the off topic/argumentative posts (I think) Perhaps we can get back to the topic, which was "My Magic + behind schedule," in case anyone has forgotten. ;)

BigThunderMatt

I am still not beind the idea of being able to book a fastpass on your phone however long in advance. Keep the magic bands sure, but why not just set up kiosks around the park so you can get a fast pass the day of, Keeps it fair, and simple.

That's exactly what they're doing for guests who opt not to pre-book or who are not staying on property. The whole pre-booking thing for resort guests is a huge selling point on this, therefore that is not going away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom