My Magic + details ...

disney4life2008

I'm finding some of this extremely confusing and I'm trying to wrap my head around the logic. Maybe that's my problem. There's no logic, just greed behind it. Here's what makes no sense:

1- The whole idea that once you use the first FP+ of the day, you're locked into that park- So why bother with a park hopper? (Isn't that cutting into Disney's own profits?)

This is my main problem. I have an AP and pay good money for this pass specifically because I can travel to WDW anytime I want and hop to any park I want with no questions and stress. With FP+ - my AP will become useless because I can only get 3 FP+ in one park yet I will have to stand in lines at the park I hop to. This makes no sense and if this is the case they might as well do away with the hopper option for tickets. The beauty of hoping is that we can go from park to park and experience FP with little or no wait. With FP+ I can experience one park with 3 FP+ experiences and park hop with lines. There is no way you can tell me if I hop to Epcot at Noon that the line will be any less than 90 mins and I can only imagine worse once FP is eliminated.

Cosmic Commando

Surprised this hasn't been put in this thread yet...
Man, I was thinking of the first picture SO much when reading Spirit's original post!
From an inside source at WDW:

FP+ in a Nutshell:
-60 days from arrival, plus 10 days with resort reservation like dining. Guest selects park. Then their three preferred experiences (attractions, food, spectaculars, activities) and then the MyDisneyExperience (MDX) gives up to four groups (early, mid, late, all day) of their choices and/or substitutions. There will be activities that are FP+ only - no standby option. The immediate party then has the same set of FPs and from there the Guest can modify individuals if they want different experiences/times. You can also then copy with friends not traveling in the same reservation or under control of/created by the primary.
-One park per day.
-No paper (legacy) FP.
-Same FP return policies. Must return within time window, five minute early and fifteen minute late grace period.
-Guests can modify their park up until their first FP+ is used in park. Then they can only modify within that park.
-No MDX account or valid park tickets? No FP+. MDX allows legacy ticket conversion for some tickets by keyed in information and now barcode via camera. Partially redeemed tickets must have at least one day. Once converted, cannot be transferred. (This attaches demographics to tickets that wouldn't and encourages buying tickets directly from Disney. This won't completely devistate the 192 scalpers, but is aimed at them.)
-Special event tickets do not count at this time (nomenclature change from 'hard ticket' since most tickets are now hard...)
-FP+ downtimes are still being hammered out.

Low tech or no tech? Reservation Center can help, but they are being instructed to actively teach the Guest how to do this on their own by accessing the account via proxy. Front line cast actively encouraged to ask Guest to use their device (iDevices and Android) to show Guests how to do it themselves.

MagicBands:
-Nine Colors (Red, Blue, Green, Pink, Yellow, Orange, Iconic Gray, and NEW Purple...)
-Shipped to Guest's address (WORLDWIDE) within thirty to ten days of arrival.
-Shipped to resort if within nine days of arrival.
-Guest gets Iconic Gray if within five days of resort reservation arrival.
-MagicBands for non-resort or year long passes being determined.
-Replacement MagicBands will be Iconic Gray.
-MagicBands costs Disney roughly $4.50 each to produce, there's a world-wide shortage of RFID due to the 20k being produced daily.
-Waterproof, doesn't float.
-Three year battery, can be disabled.
-Multiple ticket entitlements can be loaded onto the MagicBand. No Tables in Wonderland or Cirque du Soleil at the moment.

Annual Passholders:
-First replacement MagicBand is free, $50 afterwards or RF plastic card alternative.
-Same FP+ rules (can book FP+ sixty days out, one park only, three selections, etc.)
-Benefits and discounts will be on a separate RF enabled card.
-Will have the ability to add a credit card to their MagicBand similar to Key to the World currently.

Parking/Toll Plaza:
-Touch Points have been added to verify resort and year long passes.

In Park Kiosks:
-Guest Relations in parks will have terminals for same day, same park FP+ and MDX registration.
-Sid's is likely closing and converting over for this.
-Old WorldKey booths by Epcot's lobby will be one location.
-MK is already open at Town Square Theater (Old Disney Visa location.)
-Downtown will be indoors adjacent to their Marketplace location.
-AK still being formalized.

-Other in-park regional locations being tested.

Planning your next WDW vacation:
Smallprint.jpg

Planning your next Uni vacation:
red_dragon_by_caiomm-d599wlf.jpg

TinkerBelle8878

This is my main problem. I have an AP and pay good money for this pass specifically because I can travel to WDW anytime I want and hop to any park I want with no questions and stress. With FP+ - my AP will become useless because I can only get 3 FP+ in one park yet I will have to stand in lines at the park I hop to. This makes no sense and if this is the case they might as well do away with the hopper option for tickets. The beauty of hoping is that we can go from park to park and experience FP with little or no wait. With FP+ I can experience one park with 3 FP+ experiences and park hop with lines. There is no way you can tell me if I hop to Epcot at Noon that the line will be any less than 90 mins and I can only imagine worse once FP is eliminated.

Are we talking Soarin? That is the only ride I see as really NEEDING some kind of Fastpass or single rider line like Test Track. Maybe they should institute a single rider option for this one. I know people go on and on saying that FP even in it current incarnation doesn't make lines or waits longer, but I can prove that their wrong based on pre FP wait times. The best example I can use is Peter Pan in MK. This ride always had a long line/wait. But at least without FP it moved. Now you have to wait for a sudden burst of people to be let on while you've been waiting on the line. If those FP people had been waiting on the line, they would've gone on and not jammed everything up.

Why not just sell a few (and I mean few) front of the line passes and be done with it? Or make it a lottery system when people go to get FPs the current way? Like a 'golden ticket'. Its fair because no one knows who's going to get it and it can be anyone from an AP to a day visitor who receives it.

wdwgreek

Can we start a petition protesting My Magic + and submit it in mass to Disney Geust Relations? Like not only a petition, but flood them with postcards and letters?! I plan on writing a letter as a stock holder and a DVC member, not that they will listen to one person after a billion dollor investment..... but one can try?

disney4life2008

Are we talking Soarin? That is the only ride I see as really NEEDING some kind of Fastpass or single rider line like Test Track. Maybe they should institute a single rider option for this one. I know people go on and on saying that FP even in it current incarnation doesn't make lines or waits longer, but I can prove that their wrong based on pre FP wait times. The best example I can use is Peter Pan in MK. This ride always had a long line/wait. But at least without FP it moved. Now you have to wait for a sudden burst of people to be let on while you've been waiting on the line. If those FP people had been waiting on the line, they would've gone on and not jammed everything up.

Why not just sell a few (and I mean few) front of the line passes and be done with it? Or make it a lottery system when people go to get FPs the current way? Like a 'golden ticket'. Its fair because no one knows who's going to get it and it can be anyone from an AP to a day visitor who receives it.

Exactly - Soarin! There is no way under the new system will the waits be under 90 mins by noon. The beauty of FP is that usually by mid afternoon you can still gain a early evening/late evening FP. Under the new system - I am going to have to spend the entire day at Epcot - but as others have mentioned - if I get 3 - there are only 3 attractions at Epcot that would need it. It is just silly.

disney4life2008

Can we start a petition protesting My Magic + and submit it in mass to Disney Geust Relations? Like not only a petition, but flood them with postcards and letters?! I plan on writing a letter as a stock holder and a DVC member, not that they will listen to one person after a billion dollor investment..... but one can try?

This is the problem. Everyone on every WDW is ranting about MM+ but only a small percentage is willing to complain. At the end of the day - most of these people on this board will be buying the magic band plus garbage and posting pictures as to how wearing a MM+ tshirt made their vacation better. I am willing to petition if you start one up let me know. I am a AP holder and I want to ensure that the $400 each year is worth it.

Taylor

Exactly - Soarin! There is no way under the new system will the waits be under 90 mins by noon. The beauty of FP is that usually by mid afternoon you can still gain a early evening/late evening FP. Under the new system - I am going to have to spend the entire day at Epcot - but as others have mentioned - if I get 3 - there are only 3 attractions at Epcot that would need it. It is just silly.
Man Epcot needs more rides. I swear if Epcot wasn't so nostalgic it would be in the same sinking boat as DHS and the AK

wdwgreek

This is the problem. Everyone on every WDW is ranting about MM+ but only a small percentage is willing to complain. At the end of the day - most of these people on this board will be buying the magic band plus garbage and posting pictures as to how wearing a MM+ tshirt made their vacation better. I am willing to petition if you start one up let me know. I am a AP holder and I want to ensure that the $400 each year is worth it.

I agree with that sentiment regarding the reaction of the fan community, however I would prefer not to start the peitition, I don't want to anger the mouse, or be apt to get into legeal trouble of some sort.
But if one is started I will sign onto it and share it on my facebook disney fan club! I really think if someone can start a petition that is coherent lays out in a logical way the objections and problems with mymagic + demanding explantions or a change in policy we can actually make a difference as far as a fan community is concerned!

disney4life2008

I agree with that sentiment regarding the reaction of the fan community, however I would prefer not to start the peitition, I don't want to anger the mouse, or be apt to get into legeal trouble of some sort.
But if one is started I will sign onto it and share it on my facebook disney fan club! I really think if someone can start a petition that is coherent lays out in a logical way the objections and problems with mymagic + demanding explantions or a change in policy we can actually make a difference as far as a fan community is concerned!

We will not get into legal trouble by starting a petition. You have a site though so that might a gray area. But there is nothing wrong with starting a petition and voicing our opinions.

wdwgreek

We will not get into legal trouble by starting a petition. You have a site though so that might a gray area. But there is nothing wrong with starting a petition and voicing our opinions.
I have a New Fantasyland Fan page on facebook...hardly a site lol But if I should start a petition I'll let you guys know, untill then if anyone else has the intiative to do so, I'd sign!!!

dxwwf3

Nothing about FP+ is appealing at all. Quite the opposite.

Absolutely. If they are taking away legacy, day of Fastpass then this is a joke. I have no desire to use this system. So basically Fastpass dies to me once this system is in place. So now I will see much less on vacation than usual and that will cause me to be less likely to make more trips to WDW. I can only hope this system fails miserably.

The wristband and RFID is fine. Actually easier in many situations. FP+ looks like it has no redeeming qualities.

disney4life2008

Absolutely. If they are taking away legacy, day of Fastpass then this is a joke. I have no desire to use this system. So basically Fastpass dies to me once this system is in place. So now I will see much less on vacation than usual and that will cause me to be less likely to make more trips to WDW. I can only hope this system fails miserably.

The wristband and RFID is fine. Actually easier in many situations. FP+ looks like it has no redeeming qualities.

The wristband and RFID is workable. I am excited to see how FP+ pans out. It will either be a resounding success or a $2 billion failure (of course if it flops we will never know). Those who make up the WDW blog boards are probably a small percentage that go to WDW on a yearly basis. MM+ is for those majority visitors who are dumb enough to think that planning every second of their vacation 2 months in advance is a good thing. Of course - there will be many on the WDW blogs that will eventually buy into this crap and rave how exciting it is to wear a magic band etc

dxwwf3

I can't figure out why the idea wasn't just simply keeping FP as it is now, but adding the ability of getting FP's on your smart phone once you've entered the park and having that info sent to your MagicBand. That allows more time to be in shops or dine and it actually makes things easier for the guests and could still help with spending. Instead of huge bottlenecks of people going to The Land to get FP's for Soarin' you ould get the same thing on your phone while you're looking around MouseGear or sitting on a bench eating the Mickey Premium Bars you just bought.

I don't understand why the thought of doing away with, for all intents an purposes, day of & park hopper friendly FP ever entered the minds of anyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom