My Last Day of Total Freedom... How about you?

TheOneVader

Hehe, my 4th block class isn't so bad, considering I'm in it right now...

My 4th block is Document Design, so after I zip through the easy Word assignment that everyone has trouble on, I can go on the internet. :D

TheOneVader said:

My 4th block is Document Design, so after I zip through the easy Word assignment that everyone has trouble on, I can go on the internet. :D

You're lucky... On our computers they block all Disney sites, or anything that has to do with shopping, entertainment, etc... It's really stupid :fork:

LilDucky

Original Poster
TheOneVader said:

My sister had a class like that, and she was super fast, so she would also surf the net, or do homework for another class! But I bet you have to be somewhat sneaky about it... :drevil:

TheOneVader

No, she says when we're done to just go on the internet. I finish extremely fast, so I spend the majority of my time on then net.

wdwishes2005

TheOneVader said:
No, she says when we're done to just go on the internet. I finish extremely fast, so I spend the majority of my time on then net.

hah, your school has computers? mine has rocks with screens painted on.

SIR90210

dandaman said:
I start school the day after Labor Day... I know. Crazy Canadian, I am. :rolleyes:

We do that here in suburban Albany, though my school has freaky similarities to Canada... :lookaroun

Incoming Sophmore in HS! Finally, i'm not on the bottom of the heap!

I started August 8th, last monday. I have a ton of HW...*cries* I'm just glad I only have 2 weeks left until MNSSHP! It seems like we are heading to Disney's MGM Studios soon....field trip for the Film Makers Club! WOOHOO....lol. :cool: School year is not too hectic yet...Just wait until september comes along....:cry:

TheOneVader

wdwishes2005 said:
hah, your school has computers? mine has rocks with screens painted on.

Yea, we actually have what appear to be new Dells with crystal clear 15" LCD screens. They're quite nice, for school anyway. I was amazed myself, especially it being a public school.

I'm just glad I don't have to go to the high school a little ways from here... Being that I'm a germaphobe, and some people vadalized the school... Let's just say, they poured lots and lots of... Er... "Stuff" all over the school...

CaptainMichael

I move into my dorm room at Louisiana State University today. My classes start on Monday. When I get my internet hooked up tomorrow night, I'll post a trip report w/ pictures. I'll be a Freshman :lookaroun

wdwishes2005

TheOneVader said:
Yea, we actually have what appear to be new Dells with crystal clear 15" LCD screens. They're quite nice, for school anyway. I was amazed myself, especially it being a public school.

I'm just glad I don't have to go to the high school a little ways from here... Being that I'm a germaphobe, and some people vadalized the school... Let's just say, they poured lots and lots of... Er... "Stuff" all over the school...

lucky... lol, my schools computers have the brain power of a rock..

no wait, its less than that....

lawyergirl77

*steps up onto soap box*

Hi, my name is lawyergirl and I used to effing hate school. I mean it! This year of Bar Admission Courses in two Canadian Provinces is my 8th. Consecutive. Year. of post-secondary education. Until about a month ago, I was loathing the very thought of having to complete my final two Bar exams this month (August).

And now, I'm watching the time tick away and wanting it to stop sooooo badly!! :( I've had a taste of the real world - IT SUCKS! I start working 80+ hour weeks the day after Labour Day...

So yeah, while many of you are lamenting your last days of freedom as the last days before school starts up again, I'm dreading the day that it finishes for good.

(Feel entirely free to ignore me. I sure would have laughed at the person who suggested that school=freedom! But now... *sigh* What I wouldn't give for a few more months of studying!!!)

(Also please note that none of my above remarks relate to high school. I totally agree with you guys there - HIGH SCHOOL SUCKS. A LOT!!!)

*climbs off soapbox*

GenerationX

High School and College: complete opposites. I hated the last day of freedom before being sentenced to another nine months of high school, but I loved the last day of summer before returning to nine months of living it up in college. Maybe because I had to work full-time between college years. Enjoy college. Work sucks.

LilDucky

Original Poster
GenerationX said:
High School and College: complete opposites. I hated the last day of freedom before being sentenced to another nine months of high school, but I loved the last day of summer before returning to nine months of living it up in college. Maybe because I had to work full-time between college years. Enjoy college. Work sucks.

I fully enjoy college... It is sooooooo much better than High School. You get to pick the courses you WANT, and not because the state you live in says you have to have them. But I am going to miss the lazy hazy days of summer when I didnt have to write 15 page papers on obscure history (thats what I get for being a history major :lol: ). Juggling a job and school work is hard, but you get used to it after you get back into the rhythm of things. I'm just gong to miss the summer time when my biggest concern was when my next trip to WDW was, and not a deadline for a paper! :lol:

Lawyergirl77, I want your future job!! I am planning to go to law school once I bust out of this joint (undergrad)! I want it so bad I can taste it!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom