My favorite show scene on Haunted Mansion ride is....

sublimesting

Original Poster
Thought this would be a fun topic. I am going to go through ride by ride starting with the HM. So what is your favorite scene on the attraction and why?

For me it would be the ballroom, but this was a hard choice. There is so much excellence on the HM it was not easy but it was what first popped into my head. I love it because there is soooo much going on. Dozens of ghosts, excellent effects. The story behind what is going on there. To me it looks to be a birthday...for a ghost....which means it is the deathday for a person. To me the ballroom scene is the cat's meow of the HM attraction.

So how about you?

coolmark18

(Im not sure if MK and TDL have the same layouts but if they do!)

My favourite scene is the graveyard. The way you kinda wander through it with the singing busts. Good times =]

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
For me it is a tough choice between the attic and the ballroom. I would love the opportunity to spend an extended amount of time in either scene. I think there is so much detail in both that it is really hard to soak it all up in the short amount of time you have when passing through.

BransonJ

Toughy

I'd have to go with the graveyard, its as your walking around the grave not just through it. Although the ballroom is very close second.

dweezil78

What a hard question!!! To think about it really makes you appreciate how well thought-out and classic almost every scene in that ride is.

I'd probably go with the ballroom because even today, 40+ years later, it's still a mind blower. I also never can get enough of the stretching rooms, they're such a great intro to the ride AND (at least here in DL) it was such a clever solution to getting guests under the train tracks and into the ride.

rodserling27

I have two. The foyer with the painting of Master Gracey that changes. It's the best when you're one of the first people into the attraction and you get to hear the entire "When hinges creak in doorless chambers..." introduction with that AWESOME organ motif.

The other has got to be the ballroom. I love getting stuck in front of it (since HM stops all the time). I will never get sick of it, and even though I am fully aware of how they accomplish the visuals, I still can't believe it!!!

Master Gracey 5

The entire ride is fantastic, but the ballroom scene has to take the cake. Every time I go past I feel like I've missed so much because you end up focusing on one particular area. Its one of the things that draws you back on again and again to experience it all!

imagineer boy

I have to say from the moment you enter the mansion till the Madame Leota scene. I just love how its all dark and spooky atmosphere with things moving on their own. The tone is just PERFERCT!

MarkTwain

The earlier scenes in the attraction are my favorites - the transforming Master Gracey portrait, the stretching room, the hall with the flashing portraits, and the tapping door scene. These are probably all the creepiest scenes also... I may have a little bit of a morbid fascination...

sublimesting

Original Poster
The entire ride is fantastic, but the ballroom scene has to take the cake. Every time I go past I feel like I've missed so much because you end up focusing on one particular area. Its one of the things that draws you back on again and again to experience it all!

Its true, you could sit there for an hour and just suck it all in, but one nice thing about hm is there is usually no line.

harveyt0206

Graveyard!! Love, love, love it. I love all the "ghosts" that are singing and the various activities that are going on. I also love the cavernous feel of dropping into the graveyard from the attic. Actually, there is no part of this ride that I don't love.

Hurry baaaccck. Hurry baaack. Classic.

I could talk about this ride all day long.

elfshadowreaper

Everything is great! I remember 20+ years ago when I was really little the graveyard scene was the only thing that scared me. And it wasn't the atmosphere or anything. It was the ghouls that pop up from behind the graves. It was not knowing when they'd pop up that would startle me. Other than that, even though I was just a little guy, I loved every minute of the HM. The only gripe I have is that they rush you through the Master Gracey and into the stretching room. I haven't seen him fully change in years and years now. Even though I kinda miss the spider web the stairwell is an improvement.

imagineer boy

I also really like the shadow man playing the piano scene. Its just so spooky. Especially the way he slams the keys like he's an angry spirit or somthing. Oooh... its just so spooky! :)

Walt Disney1955

Oh man, the WHOLE ride! But I guess the graveyard takes the cake. You know regardless of how much I try to soak it all in I always see something new

Also I know I posted this before but I swear on my mother's grave that I have heard Donald Duck's voice come out of the casket (where the person is trying to push it open). I did it 4 times and twice I went by at the right time and heard a faint cry of his voice. Way too convenient to be a coincidence IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom