Pre-Trip My 1st Disney Christmas!! :)

Hi Friends!!

I am SO excited to be writing this PTR! I have dreamed of doing Christmas at Disney for years, and it's FINALLY happening!!! In my head it goes something like waking up at Disney on Christmas morning and opening presents in our room by the glow of our little tree. Then we head to the MK and it's empty and we frolic around the park for hours, smiling and singing carols with the CM's while sipping hot chocolate. For dinner we head over to LTT and have the perfect colonial Christmas dinner while eating by the fire.

Then I snap out of it! Especially after reading some of the comments on this site lol! I think I am prepared and know what to expect, this will be my 20th trip, but first one the week of Christmas! As of today we are 59 days out! Let's get started with some of the details!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
46 days to go!

There's really not much to do except wait. I ordered custom matching Disney themed hoodies for me and Brook, I'll post a pic of the finished products when I get them. They're REALLY neat! She doesn't know about them, so I'm going to wrap it for something to open in the room on Christmas morning. I have an idea of a few small things for Kevin and Brook to open, pajama pants, pins and the hoodie for Brook. I wanted to get Brook and I Christmas MB's(as something else for her to open), but I don't like the only design I see available...sad. I might just go with a HM band for her. I'll get a few new shirts and PJ pants for Kevin, and then stocking stuffers for both of them. I also decided to make a stocking for our Mouse keeper. We'll stop at MCO and buy some scratch off lottery tix for his or her stocking before getting on the ME. I already have a few ideas for decorating our room and window...soooo excitinggggg...I can't wait for Brook and I to hit up Target and 5 below for our tree and decorations!!! I FREAKIN' LOVE CHRISTMASSSSSSSSS...and now that's it's a DISNEY CHRISTMAS...I'm like dying over here!!

I customized our MB's last week. Brook now has every solid color(we've gotten repeats of green and pink on previous trips), she got 2 bands this time because I had to ''re-purchase'' her AP at Blizzard Beach in August. Remember that debacle? LOL. So she chose orange and yellow, and I got yellow for Kevin and I. All I need is orange to complete my solid colors :D

I love the stockings idea for mousekeeping! I made little gift bags with a chocolate caramel santa and a couple candy canes and some cash for mousekeeping. And I grabbed a few boxes of mini candy canes to hand out to cast members on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as a thank you for working so my family can spend the day in the park. Corny, but whatever.

What kind of decorations have you been thinking of and collecting?

Okkkk...I just booked our flights a few mins ago!! @21stamps, keep scrolling, you won't want to see the deal I got! $842 for all 3 of us, $280 per person! I was expecting CRAZY prices having never flown during Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised! This is the earliest flight we've ever taken so I'm kind of worried about making there on time, but we are literally under 10 mins from the airport and I will have all weekend to pack. It's our tradition to pack the night before, but with this kind of wake-up time there will be no room for messing around. Tyson is booked at Petsmart from Dec 23rd-30th, so he will be all squared away the day before we leave. Poor guy, didn't eat much when he was there in August and lost like 5 lbs! So I hope he does a little better this time around. He goes to day camp there when we're working on the weekends and loves that, but I guess he's not crazy about staying there days on end. So here is what departure day looks like...

Dec 24th...
Depart PHL at 6:15 am, arrive at MCO 8:50 am. We will take the ME to FQ, visit Elsie of course and give her her stocking. If the room is ready we will decorate, and if not we will head to HS to hit our FP'S!! Eeeekkk...it's getting so real!!!

We'll be coming in about 4 hours behind you!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I love the stockings idea for mousekeeping! I made little gift bags with a chocolate caramel santa and a couple candy canes and some cash for mousekeeping. And I grabbed a few boxes of mini candy canes to hand out to cast members on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day as a thank you for working so my family can spend the day in the park. Corny, but whatever.

Not corny at all!! I plan on doing the same thing...thanking them for making magic for MY family while sacrificing time with theirs!

I found some Christmas gel clings for our window...and then we are going to use all our old magic bands as garland to hang in the window as well..

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Not corny at all!! I plan on doing the same thing...thanking them for making magic for MY family while sacrificing time with theirs!

I found some Christmas gel clings for our window...and then we are going to use all our old magic bands as garland to hang in the window as well..

I found a couple christmas window clings that are layerable like paper dolls, where you can add tree decorations and move them around and whatnot. That way it doubles as a decoration AND a low mess toddler activity for the room! We're also bringing washi tape to make a tree on the wall :)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I found a couple christmas window clings that are layerable like paper dolls, where you can add tree decorations and move them around and whatnot. That way it doubles as a decoration AND a low mess toddler activity for the room! We're also bringing washi tape to make a tree on the wall :)

That's so cute!! I love it! I'm going to be packing a small pre-decorated tree...do you have a 5 below near you? That's where they have little pre-lit and pre-decorated table top trees for $5.

One yr for my yougnest step-daughter's bday I put a plastic Frozen table cloth on our door for her bday...if I can't find anything that I like for the door there's always that option lol...a nice Christmas cloth lol

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That's so cute!! I love it! I'm going to be packing a small pre-decorated tree...do you have a 5 below near you? That's where they have little pre-lit and pre-decorated table top trees for $5.

One yr for my yougnest step-daughter's bday I put a plastic Frozen table cloth on our door for her bday...if I can't find anything that I like for the door there's always that option lol...a nice Christmas cloth lol

I don't think we have one of those. I got some halloween lights (christmas lights but they're orange and purple and green instead of red and green) for 20 cents a box at Hobby Lobby on clearance, so we'll be hanging those. And I got some felt icicles for under the tree. I am going for "decorated but not decked out". I cannot wait to see pictures of your room!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I don't think we have one of those. I got some halloween lights (christmas lights but they're orange and purple and green instead of red and green) for 20 cents a box at Hobby Lobby on clearance, so we'll be hanging those. And I got some felt icicles for under the tree. I am going for "decorated but not decked out". I cannot wait to see pictures of your room!

I love a good clearance find!

I kind of want to be a creep and go all out lol...

I'm looking forward to seeing yours as well!!!!:inlove:

Last edited:

Driver

CM's appreciate the thought however understand we are not supposed to except gifts. A heartfelt thank you is always nice.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
WOW!! 26 DAYS TO GO! I think once December gets here it will REALLY seem real that this is happening!

We had a crazy last 2 weeks. Kevin went to Virginia for work for about 10 days, my cousin found out her 4 yr old has cancer(took her to the ER for a sore throat, nurse noticed she was really pale, tested for anemia and they found leukemia!), my little sister announced her first pregnancy a few days ago and my Gram's 86th b-day is this Friday, so we've been trying to things together for her party. My lil cousin is doing well so far, she's in excellent hands at CHOP.

We got our Christmas tree on black Friday and decorated Sunday night. I've decided that we're going all out for Sissy's last Christmas that she's under 18 for;) I got some really cute stuff for out kitchen and bay window. Don't mind the dogs blankie and toys...or the toilet paper that should have been brought upstairs:rolleyes: I'm having trouble finding the perfect stocking...I found Disney ones at the dollar store for our room, but I'm looking for red and white stripped for our house. I grabbed some window clings and a door cover for our room at FQ.

I ordered a pair of Rose Gold ears for Brook last night off ebay. They will be a surprise, she didn't ask for them, but I know she'll like them. Only had to pay $10 more than what they sell for and free shipping, so I was happy with that. There some pairs on amazon that were almost double in price...terrible.
xmastree2017.jpg

Got this on Sunday, they should arrive by Thursday:D
mbshipmentxmas2017.jpg

Courtney6682

Original Poster
So now all of a sudden, Brook and Kevin decide they aren't crazy about Mama Melrose's for ChrIstmas night dinner. I asked BOTH of them 2 weeks ago if they wanted to possibly switch and they BOTH said no. We hopped on the app last night and of course there are restaurants that have availability around 7pm...but nothing that's worth switching for. We can't do anything past 7 either cuz the Eagles are playing that night lol...but it will be fun to watch them down there. So I've been checking here and there to see if anything ''better'' pops up:rolleyes:

riverside

Premium Member
So sorry to hear about your cousin. Thank Gid for that nurse though. You said she’s in the hands of CHOP. Is that Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh? I work three blocks from there. Great hospital. Your cousin is in my prayers.
I feel your excitement for your trip. I’m headed there in six hours!! Hmmm—wonder why I can’t sleep!!

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I have been there at Christmas many times. Be prepared to not do as many attractions and shows as you are used to doing because lines will be very long. Get there by rope drop; even then the crowds will build earlier than in a non-holiday week. Expect gridlock as you try to move around the parks. I still have nightmares of being trapped in FL and not being able to move in any direction while people shoved their strollers into my legs. One of the things that we do when the crowds get too bad is visit the resorts. Hop on a monorail and stop at CR and the GF. Take a boat to WL. Walk to BC and YC. Their directions are so amazing! As a WDW vet you should be able to handle Christmas though. Congrats on POFQ reservations. The Christmas decorations are very nice.

Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas at Disney but......I have only done Christmas day at the MK once and that was enough. We still lived in Kissimmee at the time so the next year we decided to do it different. We have several good friends who play at Disney Springs ( then Downtown Disney). One of them, Nicholas Marks, had mentioned that he never had much of a crowd on Christmas Day, so we committed to go support him then. We decided to skip MVMCP and just watch Holiday Wishes from the Poly on Christmas eve. We ate at Kona and grabbed our spot by the pool bar. Our then 17 yr old daughter didn't want to wait for hours, so she and a friend took the resort launch to MK. This was at 6 PM. Fireworks were at 10 PM. At about 9:45 they got back and we asked what they rode. They informed us that in 3 hrs they couldn't even make it from the boat to get in line for Big Thunder, so they turned around and came back. This was 2013, but my advice is to leave plenty of travel time between FP+ and ADRs. When the parks are that full, sometimes the lines are just to get to the next ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom