Pre-Trip My 1st Disney Christmas!! :)

Hi Friends!!

I am SO excited to be writing this PTR! I have dreamed of doing Christmas at Disney for years, and it's FINALLY happening!!! In my head it goes something like waking up at Disney on Christmas morning and opening presents in our room by the glow of our little tree. Then we head to the MK and it's empty and we frolic around the park for hours, smiling and singing carols with the CM's while sipping hot chocolate. For dinner we head over to LTT and have the perfect colonial Christmas dinner while eating by the fire.

Then I snap out of it! Especially after reading some of the comments on this site lol! I think I am prepared and know what to expect, this will be my 20th trip, but first one the week of Christmas! As of today we are 59 days out! Let's get started with some of the details!

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I hear you on that one! I have two German Shepherds at home that both think laps are the best place ever to sit. Currently we also have seven (yes, seven) almost 6 week old puppies that are keeping us hopping. View attachment 241145
View attachment 241146
Know anybody in Washington that wants a puppy in a couple of weeks?? ;):inlove:

So cute! 2 "border collies" here. they both think they both think they are lapdogs. I put border collies in quotes because most are 65 to 85 pounds. They still act 100% their breed. Sometimes they herd ants. We got them from my wife's sister and she has no clue how her fenced dog got pregnant.. We were not expecting 100 and 150 pounds but we love them just the same. Father was maybe an Irish Setter. Lady the darker one is about the size of a lab and Bailey the black and white one is almost the size of a sheepdog. They, like my wife and I, are tough to seperate. If one goes to the Vet the other has to go for moral support. They have slept in the same crate since we got them. We had a crate for each but they would not have it. and BTW we haven't latched the crate for years.
Lady and Bailey.jpg

Last edited:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
So sorry to hear about your cousin. Thank Gid for that nurse though. You said she’s in the hands of CHOP. Is that Children’s Hospital in Pittsburgh? I work three blocks from there. Great hospital. Your cousin is in my prayers.
I feel your excitement for your trip. I’m headed there in six hours!! Hmmm—wonder why I can’t sleep!!

Thank you, yes they literally went in for a sore throat and under 12 hrs later had the diagnosis and had started getting the ball rolling. She's at CHOP in Philly;)

Have a WONDERFUL time, enjoy every second of your trip!!!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
WOW!! 26 DAYS TO GO! I think once December gets here it will REALLY seem real that this is happening!

We had a crazy last 2 weeks. Kevin went to Virginia for work for about 10 days, my cousin found out her 4 yr old has cancer(took her to the ER for a sore throat, nurse noticed she was really pale, tested for anemia and they found leukemia!), my little sister announced her first pregnancy a few days ago and my Gram's 86th b-day is this Friday, so we've been trying to things together for her party. My lil cousin is doing well so far, she's in excellent hands at CHOP.

We got our Christmas tree on black Friday and decorated Sunday night. I've decided that we're going all out for Sissy's last Christmas that she's under 18 for;) I got some really cute stuff for out kitchen and bay window. Don't mind the dogs blankie and toys...or the toilet paper that should have been brought upstairs:rolleyes: I'm having trouble finding the perfect stocking...I found Disney ones at the dollar store for our room, but I'm looking for red and white stripped for our house. I grabbed some window clings and a door cover for our room at FQ.

I ordered a pair of Rose Gold ears for Brook last night off ebay. They will be a surprise, she didn't ask for them, but I know she'll like them. Only had to pay $10 more than what they sell for and free shipping, so I was happy with that. There some pairs on amazon that were almost double in price...terrible.
View attachment 246849

Got this on Sunday, they should arrive by Thursday:D
View attachment 246864

Awww :( Sorry to hear about your cousin's baby. That is terrifying!!

Also: have you checked Kohls for stockings? I cannot remember if they were striped but I thought I saw some like that this past weekend

riverside

Premium Member
Thank you, yes they literally went in for a sore throat and under 12 hrs later had the diagnosis and had started getting the ball rolling. She's at CHOP in Philly;)

Have a WONDERFUL time, enjoy every second of your trip!!!
Thank you!! I’m having a blast!! I’ve been here solo these first few days & I can’t believe how much I’m doing in such short time!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Awww :( Sorry to hear about your cousin's baby. That is terrifying!!

Also: have you checked Kohls for stockings? I cannot remember if they were striped but I thought I saw some like that this past weekend

Thank you. Yes, I can't even imagine...they're all doing well thankfully.

I totally forgot about Kohl's! It's usually hit or miss for me there, but I will def check it out. I drive past one on my way home from work every day;)

Courtney6682

Original Poster
17 days til our trip and only 14 more days until my last day of work! I'm soooo excitedddd! I taped the Wonderful World of Disney Holiday Celebration, but can't bring myself to watch it. I don't know if I want to see everything before we get there. Ughh...what to do?!

So Brook and Kevin spent some time last night searching for a new ADR for Christmas Dinner. I know for a fact they BOTH enjoyed MM last year, so idk why they're both being so picky. Brook suggested Mickey's Back Yard BBQ and Kevin wants to try Teppan Edo. Both would be new for us which is nice. I don't have a preference, so we'll see what they can agree on lol.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
17 days til our trip and only 14 more days until my last day of work! I'm soooo excitedddd! I taped the Wonderful World of Disney Holiday Celebration, but can't bring myself to watch it. I don't know if I want to see everything before we get there. Ughh...what to do?!

So Brook and Kevin spent some time last night searching for a new ADR for Christmas Dinner. I know for a fact they BOTH enjoyed MM last year, so idk why they're both being so picky. Brook suggested Mickey's Back Yard BBQ and Kevin wants to try Teppan Edo. Both would be new for us which is nice. I don't have a preference, so we'll see what they can agree on lol.

Did you check the schedule? I haven't looked recently but back a couple months ago a CM told me they were only doing MBYBBQ on Christmas Eve, not Christmas Day.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Pic for attention! This is waaaayyyy better than the one I posted earlier lol...and this post is about Christmas dinner so a Christmas-y pic fits. Kevin asked to see the menu for Mama Melrose yet again last night. That led to looking for reservations. We spotted 'Ohana and tried to book it, but it was gone in 3 seconds. Then we saw Whispering Canyon, but the same thing happened. Oh well!
xmastreebyfire.PNG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom