Pre-Trip My 1st Disney Christmas!! :)

Hi Friends!!

I am SO excited to be writing this PTR! I have dreamed of doing Christmas at Disney for years, and it's FINALLY happening!!! In my head it goes something like waking up at Disney on Christmas morning and opening presents in our room by the glow of our little tree. Then we head to the MK and it's empty and we frolic around the park for hours, smiling and singing carols with the CM's while sipping hot chocolate. For dinner we head over to LTT and have the perfect colonial Christmas dinner while eating by the fire.

Then I snap out of it! Especially after reading some of the comments on this site lol! I think I am prepared and know what to expect, this will be my 20th trip, but first one the week of Christmas! As of today we are 59 days out! Let's get started with some of the details!

PacNWTigger

I hear you on that one! I have two German Shepherds at home that both think laps are the best place ever to sit. Currently we also have seven (yes, seven) almost 6 week old puppies that are keeping us hopping.
Kricket and babies.jpg

Puppies!!!.jpg

Know anybody in Washington that wants a puppy in a couple of weeks?? ;):inlove:

mlegerto

Amazing last minute trip! Well have overlapping trips but sadly not the same places at the same times. Can’t wait to hear more about your plans. I love your “must do” list and as someone who is going and has gone at Christmas, I love that they aren’t crazy “Park/ride” related so I think it’s totally doable!!!

Last edited:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
46 days to go!

There's really not much to do except wait. I ordered custom matching Disney themed hoodies for me and Brook, I'll post a pic of the finished products when I get them. They're REALLY neat! She doesn't know about them, so I'm going to wrap it for something to open in the room on Christmas morning. I have an idea of a few small things for Kevin and Brook to open, pajama pants, pins and the hoodie for Brook. I wanted to get Brook and I Christmas MB's(as something else for her to open), but I don't like the only design I see available...sad. I might just go with a HM band for her. I'll get a few new shirts and PJ pants for Kevin, and then stocking stuffers for both of them. I also decided to make a stocking for our Mouse keeper. We'll stop at MCO and buy some scratch off lottery tix for his or her stocking before getting on the ME. I already have a few ideas for decorating our room and window...soooo excitinggggg...I can't wait for Brook and I to hit up Target and 5 below for our tree and decorations!!! I FREAKIN' LOVE CHRISTMASSSSSSSSS...and now that's it's a DISNEY CHRISTMAS...I'm like dying over here!!

I customized our MB's last week. Brook now has every solid color(we've gotten repeats of green and pink on previous trips), she got 2 bands this time because I had to ''re-purchase'' her AP at Blizzard Beach in August. Remember that debacle? LOL. So she chose orange and yellow, and I got yellow for Kevin and I. All I need is orange to complete my solid colors :D

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Okkkk...I just booked our flights a few mins ago!! @21stamps, keep scrolling, you won't want to see the deal I got! $842 for all 3 of us, $280 per person! I was expecting CRAZY prices having never flown during Christmas. I was pleasantly surprised! This is the earliest flight we've ever taken so I'm kind of worried about making there on time, but we are literally under 10 mins from the airport and I will have all weekend to pack. It's our tradition to pack the night before, but with this kind of wake-up time there will be no room for messing around. Tyson is booked at Petsmart from Dec 23rd-30th, so he will be all squared away the day before we leave. Poor guy, didn't eat much when he was there in August and lost like 5 lbs! So I hope he does a little better this time around. He goes to day camp there when we're working on the weekends and loves that, but I guess he's not crazy about staying there days on end. So here is what departure day looks like...

Dec 24th...
Depart PHL at 6:15 am, arrive at MCO 8:50 am. We will take the ME to FQ, visit Elsie of course and give her her stocking. If the room is ready we will decorate, and if not we will head to HS to hit our FP'S!! Eeeekkk...it's getting so real!!!

MegRuss626

2EA6DAC2-D00C-4341-BAA3-199D8BD466A4.jpeg
54 days guys!

I've been doing my research and now have a list of things that MUST be accomplished...YIKES! Why did I do this to myself?! There are SO MANY fun looking holiday events! I'm thinking some of these will be excellent options when the parks become too much for us. My list...in order of most important lol...

1. Holiday Storytelling at Epcot...I hope to hit as many as possible
2. Holiday Kitchens...see number 1 lol
3. Pics with Santa
4. Chip & Dale's Christmas Tree Spree...a good option when no rides are avail...
5. Purchase a shingle from the GF
6. Ride the Jingle Cruise

Whattya think? Too much?

Don’t do the shingle!!!!! When we went in 2015, it looked and smelled glorious and it’s disney, so it HAS to taste glorious too right??????

WRONG!! Unless it was just me being picky, it was AWFUL! I threw it away because even my husband who will eat anything said it was gross.

And I would add @Tuvalu’s suggestion and meet Santa Goofy! He made a great Christmas card photo for us that year!

21stamps

I still haven’t purchased flights for next week.
Sitting at the hair salon now..will get back to that mess when I get home.

I’m looking forward to reading your pre-trip, and the actual trip report!!

The flight deals are so awesome, yes, I’m a bit jealous.. but very much excited for you!!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
View attachment 242706

Don’t do the shingle!!!!! When we went in 2015, it looked and smelled glorious and it’s disney, so it HAS to taste glorious too right??????

WRONG!! Unless it was just me being picky, it was AWFUL! I threw it away because even my husband who will eat anything said it was gross.

And I would add @Tuvalu’s suggestion and meet Santa Goofy! He made a great Christmas card photo for us that year!

LOL too funny!!! I was actually wondering if we would even have time to make it there...

Love the pic with goofy santa! We are def fitting that in!!!

21stamps

Umm.. wait.. I thought the post you tagged me was the first post of the thread.
You waited until page 3 to tag me??????

That’s not very nice. I want to know when you start a new trip thread immediately! ;)
Now I have to go back and start from the beginning.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Umm.. wait.. I thought the post you tagged me was the first post of the thread.
You waited until page 3 to tag me??????

That’s not very nice. I want to know when you start a new trip thread immediately! ;)
Now I have to go back and start from the beginning.

Sorry pal! I was too lazy to add all the tags at the beginning lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom