Must Dont's While You' re at Disney

FettFan

Hollywood and Vine is a buffet..we ate there a few years ago..it. wasn't overly crowded it was the food and the mess...the buffet lines were extreamly dirty food everywhere..no real effort to keep it clean...

The Food if that's what you call it was horrid...looked and tasted.like school cafeteria food..I think the bread was rather edible..but I couldn't begin to tell you just how putrid the food.was...

Caveat: breakfast buffets I'll eat at Disney all day long..
Lunch dinner ..I'd do the German one in epcot again ...1900 park fare for dinner I'd do it kids to see the evil step sisters ..they are great but the food was nothing to write home about

Hollywood and Vine..NEVER again

Good to know. Each trip out to WDW, we always choose one or two different restaurants that we havent been to before. Now I can help narrow the choice by one :p

ariel90

Turkey legs
Hot dogs
Forgetting rain coats and sunscreen
Stitch
American Idol ( I respect the sanctity of showers)
Buffets ( same food different theme )
Food consumption before riding the orange side of Mission Space
Journey into incapacitation

pumpkin7

i've never done or been interested in american idol, i'll never set foot in the sounds dangerous theatre again and i don't think until it gets a refurb i'd bother with figment either.

Tomi-Rocket

Saw some posts that reminded me of more Must Dont's....

Sounds Dangerous
Country Bear Jamboree
Captain EO (no matter how 80's cheesetastic it is)
Triceratop Spin
Journey Into Imagination

MKCP 1985

I know every word of the show and its fantastic! The problems are the poor quality audio and the sad state of the animatronics.

I think Big Al was designed that way. LOL

No seriously, take out the sad state of animatronics and the poor quality audio and what is left, the lighting? The comfort of the seats? :p

Laura

Premium Member
I think Big Al was designed that way. LOL

No seriously, take out the sad state of animatronics and the poor quality audio and what is left, the lighting? The comfort of the seats? :p

The person I quoted said the lyrics were terrible. I was saying the lyrics are great even though everything else is falling apart.

Chrononymous

`When it comes to Must Don'ts there are a few that are always true...
Like Swiss Family Treehouse... simply because of all the damn stairs. Or Kali, because I am some what allergic to large amounts of water.

But most of the time we go with a mind set like we are seeing...and judging...things for the first time, even though obviously it isn't our first trip.

I like to think of it as a sort of Disney Park Amnesia...it allows me to enjoy many things that normally would just make me mad and/or sad if I thought about What Came Before.

And yeah, sometimes my taste changes, and things I used to love are now terribly hokey (and based more on nostalgia than actual enjoyment) and some things I once despised, I find are actually kind of cool.

That said, there are still some things that the Amnesia just doesn't work for. And about 10 seconds in, I realize that I do indeed remember this attraction, and that I do indeed dislike it. Sometimes intensely.

Like Stitch...I don't why I keep going on it, thinking it might possibly have changed for the better in all the time I haven't been there...but no. No it hasn't.
And Country Bears...while I LOVE in concept...always makes me sort of cringe and look around embarrassed.

There are loads of other things that I enjoy at first, and then suddenly remember half way through why I always skip it...Like Mexico's ride and Norway's film. And COP...which I love for the first 12 minutes or so, and then I want to tear out my hair, and beg someone to pull these people into the new millennium.

Yep, Disney Amnesia helps me to at least some what enjoy things like Imagination (as much as I can...because really it IS kind of terrible) and Fantasmic, and American Idol, and eating ANYTHING in the Magic Kingdom.

pixiesteno

Must don'ts - let other people spoil my vacation by rude behavior they may not even realize they did. Must not inadventently do things that annoy others, like stop dead in the middle of a busy street without warning. My apologies if I have done this and annoyed others.
I know this will probably horrify many of you, but for me any kind of coaster, rotating ride or 360 movie is on the list; it is an inner ear thing and we'll leave it at that.
Tomorrowland Speedway - I haven't been on since I got my license and my car doesn't stink.
American Idol - we don't watch the show so no interest in it at DHS

Mickey_777

Hmm...must don'ts?

-Turkey legs
-waiting more than 5 minutes for a M&G/autograph
-deciding to wait until last mintue and use a fastpass right when a parade is about to come thru your route to said attraction

NeedMoreMickey

I don't usually go to WDW with kids so any of the rides with black lights are out. As a joke my sister made me get on Pooh last year and I thought it was soooo cheesy. After we got home I realized it something terrible happened to me and I could never go back to WDW again my last ride would be Pooh, not a happy thought. This year my last ride was Toy Story, much better ride.

ImagineerDude

Stitch's Great Escape
Tomorrowland Speedway
Haunted Mansion (unless it's really hot outside with a short wait)
EPCOT (haven't been in 5 years and we've had 4 Disney vacations since then)
Camp Minnie-Mickey
Main Street Electrical Parade 9pm performance
Dream Along with Mickey
Fighting Tears Away on Last Day of Vacation

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom