Must Dont's While You' re at Disney

Jimmy Thick

Must dont's?

Here is a noble don't. Don't waste your time going around the parks looking for something wrong or going that extra stupid mile and take pictures or video-taping of something wrong. Please, don't do that, instead go to Disney World with the intention of enjoying yourself and you just might see what the fun is about.

Also, don't be at the parks and then go online to write about whats wrong with them or your vacation. You have plenty of time to do that when you get back.

Jimmy Thick- Payed all that money to be there and you're online?

jmorri26

Off the top of my head:

-The Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I know many who love it. I just don't get it.
-Primeval Whirl in AK. It looks like a junky traveling carnival ride, not a WDW attraction.
-PRINCESSES. Ok, now I loves me some Little Mermaid (and it bugs me shes always in that random sea foam green dress not in the movie!) but the park in recent years has been overrun by things like the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique and the zillion princess meals out there. A big chunk of the Fantasyland expansion is solely for princess related M&G and merch. What happened to the Fab 5? Chef Mickeys is the only original character meal you can see Mickey and Minnie. And theres only 1 or 2 other character meals with any original characters! When I was a girl, every character meal was full of Mickey and Pluto, Goofy, etc. That's real Disney to me. Not a few 20 somethings with too much makeup on and a wig.

DisneyDebNJ

I know this sounds corny, but the only must don't I have at Disney, is letting some thoughtless and not-so-nice parkgoers (we know who they are) ruin my vacation. I say this every year. I''ve been banged into, had beer spilled on me, pushed off of the monorail by a 14 yr old (whos mother beat the Pluto poo out of him) and had drinks stolen off my table around the volcano pool at the Poly. Everything else I take with a grain of salt.

disney1077

I know this sounds corny, but the only must don't I have at Disney, is letting some thoughtless and not-so-nice parkgoers (we know who they are) ruin my vacation. I say this every year. I''ve been banged into, had beer spilled on me, pushed off of the monorail by a 14 yr old (whos mother beat the Pluto poo out of him) and had drinks stolen off my table around the volcano pool at the Poly. Everything else I take with a grain of salt.

I totally agree with you. I cant believe how some people can be so rude and have no manners at all.

alissafalco

I know!! I have a similar story also. This was at MK and everyone was watching the fireworks sitting in front of the castle on the ground. My husband and I were sitting, and at the end of the show he gets up and his lower back and bottom are all wet with soda! He was like ? and so was the woman who was sitting on the ground next to us. We all got up and looked behind us and saw this family with thier kids picking up empty soda cups with soda spilled all the way over to us, and trying to get away fast. My husband went up to them and said your kids spilled soda all over the floor and it got all over us, you could have told us to move or get up. Instead of them apologizing (I understand accidents happen) they pretended not to speak English (it was a latino family) and said oh, me, no, me no, and ran off...(I'm only mentioning race in this story because they pretended not to speak English). We were so ed off. He had to ride the bus all the way back with soaking wet soda back and bottom. It did ruin our night, I know it's hard not to let it but....

tsaintc

Must dont's?

Here is a noble don't. Don't waste your time going around the parks looking for something wrong or going that extra stupid mile and take pictures or video-taping of something wrong. Please, don't do that, instead go to Disney World with the intention of enjoying yourself and you just might see what the fun is about.

Also, don't be at the parks and then go online to write about whats wrong with them or your vacation. You have plenty of time to do that when you get back.

Jimmy Thick- Payed all that money to be there and you're online?

This post just made me a Jimmy fan.

DisneyDebNJ

I know!! I have a similar story also. This was at MK and everyone was watching the fireworks sitting in front of the castle on the ground. My husband and I were sitting, and at the end of the show he gets up and his lower back and bottom are all wet with soda! He was like ? and so was the woman who was sitting on the ground next to us. We all got up and looked behind us and saw this family with thier kids picking up empty soda cups with soda spilled all the way over to us, and trying to get away fast. My husband went up to them and said your kids spilled soda all over the floor and it got all over us, you could have told us to move or get up. Instead of them apologizing (I understand accidents happen) they pretended not to speak English (it was latino family) and said oh, me, no, me no, and ran off...(I'm only mentioning race in this story because they pretended not to speak English). We were so ed off. He had to ride the bus all the way back with soaking wet soda back and bottom. It did ruin our night, I know it's hard not to let it but....
It's a shame, but all you can do, is shrug it off. I wish I was as understanding when I'm in Jersey as I am at Disney LOL. Maybe it's just me being stubborn, but I refuse to let the thoughtlessness of others ruin my vacation. Like my DH says, it's nothing a Lapu Lapu can't solve!! LOL

tracyandalex

I don't really have any must donts. I've been to disney enough times that it's now about my kids. I do what they want and when u have kids that range in age from 12 to 3 u do alot. If they want to do something i do it. It's worth every smile from them.

That is pretty much us exactly! DD3 has a completely different concept of what is fun/good.

Jo DeVil

I have been reading this with some smiles my DH said I have to included his must don't, It's a small world we know everyone loves it but on our first trip to DLP we took our then 2 year old son on and it broke down, that is the ride broke down the music didn't for 25 minutes. So fast forward to WDW our now 3 year old son and yes it broke down again and the music kept playing! another 20 minutes. The following year same again, the next year it was closed for for rehab for all 14 days of our holiday, but it open early on our last day, so we convinced him it could happen again!!! Oh yes it did another 25 minutes stuck with the music. I am sure he wakes some nights in a cold sweat reliving his nightmare or is it the fact that my Evil son takes after me and we have it as our ring tones. LOL

YoungNY

Tom Sawyer island...I just don't get it
Any of the films in WS...so many better things to do
There are a lot of rides and attractions I've never done, but nothing else that I MUST not do, just a bunch of stuff I had no time for or no interest in yet. Also many things I'm just learning about as well, I didn't even know there was a Pooh ride until a few months ago.

koryadams

well, I haven't done every single thing (yet) and I don't do everything on every trip...so it's hard to think of must don'ts...not going into restaurants because Im a picky eater and haven't been to alot of "international" ones. Oh I guess one I don't do is Disney Junior live (I am 20) and anything that is for little children obviously. I now don't do Rockin Roller coaster and Tower of Terror...I used to love them...I get to nervous and panicky now and just can't do any major thrill rides. (those are the only 2 at WDW I don't do)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom