"Must Do Disney" Being Updated?

dixiegirl

When I turn on my TV and a WDW resort, I want to see this. Not Stacy and her horrible review of the parks.

[youtube]QFehyjDUEPs[/youtube]

Oh I hear you there!! That was the best! And I can sadly say I have the Audio loop of that , that I play in my car(kids get a kick out of that!) But I so miss Tip of the Day!!

jumblue

Totally remember the old loop posted, which was still playing the last time I was there. Watched one of the Stacy clips on YouTube... Not sure if it's the quality of the clip, but it almost seems her voice is dubbed the whole time.

I wouldn't say it's the enthusiasm that's off putting. It's that she's trying WAY too hard to be funny and entertaining... comes off feeling too forced/contrived.

that's my Zip-a-dee-do-dah... tip for today!

MissMorrow

Original Poster
I saw them at DHS on the first as well. I was heading out, and they were asking super-easy trivia questions, handing out the fake Oscar statues to guests who got them correct. Here's a pic I grabbed:
b9199120.jpg

This past August, my family didn't care for the most recent "Must-do's." First, the script was horribly written (I'm embellishing slightly):

"But first, we must show you what must do's, you must do"

Then, the fake background was odd and unnerving. And this is going to sound harsh, but the way they had her walking, like a model strutting, was just plain odd.

Lastly, my family had a running gag in August calling everything "ca-lassic," which was picking on the "must do's.' It's not a knock on her personally, but it really is a tired format.

I miss the park hopper ticket that would travel around. I remember one spot where he went down the water slide, and people squeezed him dry. It amused me (although I am easily amused :lol:).

Now I have the tip for today in my head...

Yep, those are the people I saw.

And I feel the same way about this loop. It's not that I dislike Stacy, just this loop of her. It feels odd and almost too serious with the whole studio backdrop. Top 7 Must See's with Stacy, not that other girl, was much better.

NoChesterHester

Yep, those are the people I saw.

And I feel the same way about this loop. It's not that I dislike Stacy, just this loop of her. It feels odd and almost too serious with the whole studio backdrop. Top 7 Must See's with Stacy, not that other girl, was much better.

You sure those aren't streetmosphere?

janoimagine

The Stacy loop is SO out of date...She says American Idol is BRAND NEW!!! C'mon... no. :brick:

She's not the only one ... Disney is calling it new in their current marketing material on the other channels ... Also the moving Yeti section has been cut, in the current 'Must Do' videos, they cut out before you see him move ... possibly from guest complaints I am not sure, but the Yeti definately no longer moves in the current verison running.

janoimagine

I'm pretty sure, I was their too when they were 'filming' they basically told the croud that by being in this area they would be filmed for feature in an upcoming Disney video, so that anyone not wanting to be filmed could move or head elsewhere into the park ... I think I saw them on Friday morning ish... Oct 7th, just across from the Darkroom maybe 10am?

MissMorrow

Original Poster

I thought so at first. They looked like they could be, but then I thought that would be a weird Streetmosphere act. There was also a CM in a Guest Relations outfit following them, so I assumed it wasn't Steetmosphere. But who knows, maybe it is a new act.

NewfieFan

Disney constantly updates the "Must Do" program. We were there for the first day of Food & Wine this year, and it had a Food & Wine 2011 segment in it that day.

We happen to like Stacey, but I can understand how others may not like the "enthusiasm."

That's just it... I like her enthusiasm! I think they took some of that away with the new "Must Do" Disney. I liked the old one much better, it was more fun, relaxed, etc. And it must have been longer!?! This one starts to repeat itself after only a few minutes (at least it feels like).

I would love to see a totally new show, though and I'm ok if they use Stacey again!

Dukeblue1227

When I turn on my TV and a WDW resort, I want to see this. Not Stacy and her horrible review of the parks.

[youtube]QFehyjDUEPs[/youtube]

THIS!

I have this on my iPod... it's legitimately my favorite video of all time, of any kind...

sometimes I put it on while I'm at work and just listen to it........

:lookaroun

KCheatle

They will have to update it sooner rather than later because one of her "Must-Do"s is Dumbo and that's changing in just a few months. I wouldn't be suprised if they were already filming it because it will take awhile to put together. Plus, I'm sure they want to get it filmed before the Christmas decor goes up or the video will be dated.

Side Note- How old is Stacey??? I cannot figure it out. It's like she transforms from a 16 year old girl to a 40 year old woman all within 13 minutes! Amazing! :sohappy:

roypup

We saw them filiming on the boardwalk also last week. Not sure what it was for but it was a blond girl in a pink shirt with a microphone and film crew all around her.

It might have been Casey as well, the host of the DVC Videos that they play in the resorts as well.

disneyeater

They should update the DVC channels as well to show more of each of the resorts.

I am all for updating as often as possible. Love watching those channels when I am in WDW.

dixiegirl

THIS!

I have this on my iPod... it's legitimately my favorite video of all time, of any kind...

sometimes I put it on while I'm at work and just listen to it........

:lookaroun

Yeah Its pretty bad when you have it in your car , driving around with it blasting away!! I love the part that says" do you know you no longer have to wait in lines for you favorite rides"? Oh yeah I aways yell the "woohoo" section loud as can be!!!! YUp sad individual I am!!!

drkokintz

I remember an older video staring Jiminy Cricket. This is going a ways back, though, Pre-MGM. Anyone know of a recording of that floating around?

CDavid

I remember an older video staring Jiminy Cricket. This is going a ways back, though, Pre-MGM. Anyone know of a recording of that floating around?

The earliest (and arguably the benchmark against which all other WDW Information programs should be judged) version I can recall is one with Susan, circa 1979. I have a crude video of it by pointing the Betamax camera at the television screen, but I'd love to locate a better recording.

iceman22

I like Stacy when I get there but after I've seen Must Do Disney & what ever else she does she's SO annoying!!!!! :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom