"Must Do Disney" Being Updated?

CountryBearFan

I think they should keep Stacy and her "Must-Do" program and, at the same time, implement a new resort overview channel similar to the ones from the past (meaning something along the lines of "Tip for Today", the Disney World Network, the one from that began and ended with Jiminy Cricket, etc.).

By having both, there'd be a happy medium, IMO.

Admiral01

Premium Member
I certainly prefer the older loops that actually show each of the parks, and the resorts, etc.

However, when we were at WDW last week the Stacey Must-Dos did seem to have been updated to reflect the new Star Tours version. So, at least some updating has happened.

Korfar

I didn't like Stacey at first but she grew on me. She is easy on the eyes too. I would like a new version but keep Stacey.

worldfanatic

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
This is great news!!!

I've enjoyed Stacey through the years, but enough is enough. Time to move on!!!

Figment82

At least they update the WDW one. When we stayed at Paradise Pier last month, it seemed like the resort TV channel had more out of date information than current. It was embarrassing!

PeoplemoverTTA

I saw them at DHS on the first as well. I was heading out, and they were asking super-easy trivia questions, handing out the fake Oscar statues to guests who got them correct. Here's a pic I grabbed:
b9199120.jpg

This past August, my family didn't care for the most recent "Must-do's." First, the script was horribly written (I'm embellishing slightly):

"But first, we must show you what must do's, you must do"

Then, the fake background was odd and unnerving. And this is going to sound harsh, but the way they had her walking, like a model strutting, was just plain odd.

Lastly, my family had a running gag in August calling everything "ca-lassic," which was picking on the "must do's.' It's not a knock on her personally, but it really is a tired format.

I miss the park hopper ticket that would travel around. I remember one spot where he went down the water slide, and people squeezed him dry. It amused me (although I am easily amused :lol:).

Now I have the tip for today in my head...

Scar

As others have mentioned, the biggest problem I have is that the current version on is too short. I like to have WDW stuff looping while in the resort and this one is WAY too short to keep on. At least the old "Top Seven" lasted 20 minutes or so.

On another note, how hard would it be to have a channel dedicated to showing Disney cartoon shorts? Just loop them and you would have never ending "Disneyfacation" plus introduce new people to the older cartoons. I just don't understand why they can't do that in all the resorts.

the-reason14

I didn't mind Stacey when she was hosting the top 7, but it took me a long while to get used to her over Kryssa. Kryssa was a way better host, and when the top 7 first appeared, it felt fresh and it was something that was exciting and welcomed from the 'tip for today.' I love that one best though and wish they would update it and bring it back. The must dos are horrible. I don't even bother watching that anymore because it annoys me to no end. I used to watch the top 7 with Stacey and Kryssa, but now I watch the 'Wdw Today' channel and leave that on as I sleep.

WDWFREAK53

I was there last week and Star Tours The Adventure Continues was on it...

(But if I had to hear her say, "I call it the rinse cycle and the spin cycle" one more time...)

CDavid

If you all don't want Stacy, can I have her?

Anyone who doesn't want Stacy is quite obviously blind. :)

She's the best thing to happen to Disney information television in many, many years. Granted the current show version isn't the best, but that's certainly no reflection on the host.

Flip83

Stacy only bothers us because the Loop is like 5 minutes it feels like. Just me? Or did the older loops used to be longer and go a little more in depth? Now you can basically recite every word after your first night haha. And why dont they play the classic cartoons in the resorts anymore? That was a GREAT channel

Flip83

As others have mentioned, the biggest problem I have is that the current version on is too short. I like to have WDW stuff looping while in the resort and this one is WAY too short to keep on. At least the old "Top Seven" lasted 20 minutes or so.

On another note, how hard would it be to have a channel dedicated to showing Disney cartoon shorts? Just loop them and you would have never ending "Disneyfacation" plus introduce new people to the older cartoons. I just don't understand why they can't do that in all the resorts.

They used to. We always played it while we were getting ready in the rooms. It was a loop of maybe 7 -10 of them. But why they got rid of it is beyond me! So many cartoon shorts they could loop, and they dont have it now except for some lobbies at the resorts.

AEfx

I love Stacey! I've actually emailed with her a handful of times and she's really nice! I prefer her top 7 countdown compared to must do Disney. The must do is too short and seems hastily put together. Top 7 seemed like more of a well organized half hour program.

I think we won't see a massive update/rethink until FLE is open. Until then, I expect it to be slightly updated but it doesn't seem worth making a whole program which will have a large chunk outdated so soon, as the MK is really the flagship and this will literally change the face of the park so much.

KaneMarko

Everyone has their opinions. But my wife and I enjoy watching the Stacy loop whenever we're in WDW. Whenever we are in our room and awake, 98% of the time that's what we have on the TV.

I'm sure there are many other good hosts out there that could do a similar loop. But I'd vote to keep Stacy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom