Rumor Muppets to Take Over The Hall of Presidents

Aries1975

Anecdotal but I can’t get my daughter into Muppet Babies.. it’s all Mickey, Fancy Nancy, and Vampirina. We tried the newer Muppet movie the other night which she paid attention to for the first 20 minutes, but the catchiest song and dance number is at the beginning, it definitely slows down after. She’s 2.5, I’m thinking we’ll have better luck around 4. But the Muppet show is actually the least interesting for kids in my opinion. At 1.5 Muppetvision was her favorite thing at Hollywood Studios, but that park doesn’t have much for the littles..

Apologies for the delayed response...

One of the things I found when I showed the original Muppets Show episodes to my own children (we have the first 2 seasons on DVD) was my son, probably 2 at the time, was truly frightened by crazy Harry and things going "boom." It may be better to wait.

He was 4 the first time he saw MuppetVision and was fine with the noise and explosions by then.

Cmdr_Crimson

I think Disney wants to bury America Sings just as much as Song of the South.
It's not like they could be Re-Used in a water ride of some sort......
c30.gif

flutas

So, to bring this thread back from the dead now with something I just remembered.

It's interesting to me that the past 3 years they've used The Muppets for the Presidents Day pins.

It does seem to lend some credence to the idea that they think The Muppets fit well with the US presidents at least.

Presidents-Day-2019-Disney-Pin.jpeg
Presidents%u2019-Day-2020-Disney-Pin.png
Presidents-Day-2021-Disney-Pin.jpeg

matt9112

So, to bring this thread back from the dead now with something I just remembered.

It's interesting to me that the past 3 years they've used The Muppets for the Presidents Day pins.

It does seem to lend some credence to the idea that they think The Muppets fit well with the US presidents at least.

View attachment 530697View attachment 530698View attachment 530699
Thats neat. But we all know sam the eagle should be front and center......haha

corran horn

I mean an actual announcement of the refurb. They just closed it without a word. Which again, maybe makes sense but I think they normally announce a date for it to go down.
It closed on Inauguration Day. Doesn't it always if there's a change in administration?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.

View attachment 530697View attachment 530698View attachment 530699
Why is that interesting? Back then, Great Moments was new/new-ish and running consistently.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
These are from 2019, 2020 and this year (2021). Unless I'm getting whooshed.
Presidents’ Day is February 15th. Great moments closed on February 17th. So there’s 2 years right there with the show running featuring muppets as patriotic.

Two years in a row, they also have muppets featured at the American Adventure pavilion. So like.. it seems like they’re just using muppets to represent anything to do with American history in general these days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom