Muppets Mini-Land / Muppets Courtyard Additions & Refurbishments

matt9112

No it doesn't "Look Better" and it's not "well done" it's a change that wasn't really needed.

Muppet vision is a film about making silly films. Removing elements of the fountain under the guise to make the area "less of a studio"
isn't a fix to make the area less of a studio. All it does is take the silly and playful nature away from an area that was designed as such.

The fix would have been building a fully complete "muppet" area, perhaps in a different section of the park.

Now I will say "well done" if in fact the statues missing, are just currently still out for repair and are re-installed later this month.

looks better to me and lets be honest here most of these recent changes make dumping the muppets later very easy. i like how the whole area has matured. less childish.

Castle Cake Apologist

This is a great example of the mental illness that plagues the fan community. Overreactions and personal offense over a water fountain that features a pig. No wonder Disney doesn't take fans seriously. Lol.

Yes, we get it. You have no emotional connection to Walt Disney World and those who do are mentally ill. You've made this point many times.

The mystery of why you continue to post here continues...

Castle Cake Apologist

I have an immense love for everything Disney, I literally go at least 3 days a week; so you have no right to say I have no emotional attachment. I have tons of emotional connections to numerous aspects of WDW since I've been visiting since I was 5. I was crushed when they destroyed GMR, horrified at the loss of the Osborne Lights, I cringe every Time we get a new IP attraction announcement, to name a few. To say I have no emotional attachment to a place like WDW because I'm not screaming bloody murder over the reimgianing of a fountain is idiotic and ignorant

Then it's very interesting how frequently you feel the need to be insulting and nasty toward other people who have an emotional connection to things at Walt Disney World that you may not.

Little details like this fountain are literally what makes a Disney Park a Disney Park, so to insult others for being upset about changes to it (changes that remove much of the uniqueness and charm of.the fountain, mind you) makes many of us scratch our heads a little. It's super easy to just not post if the intent of your post is simply to insult somebody for liking something that you don't, which is all the post I quoted accomplished.

Good to see that you needed to insult me in your post as well to get your point across.

EDIT: Also, I have seen nobody "screaming bloody murder." All I've seen are people being rightfully upset about drastic changes to something that they love.

disnyfan89

Then it's very interesting how frequently you feel the need to be insulting and nasty toward other people who have an emotional connection to things at Walt Disney World that you may not.

Little details like this fountain are literally what makes a Disney Park a Disney Park, so to insult others for being upset about changes to it (changes that remove much of the uniqueness and charm of.the fountain, mind you) makes many of us scratch our heads a little. It's super easy to just not post if the intent of your post is simply to insult somebody for liking something that you don't, which is all the post I quoted accomplished.

Good to see that you needed to insult me in your post as well to get your point across.

EDIT: Also, I have seen nobody "screaming bloody murder." All I've seen are people being rightfully upset about drastic changes to something that they love.

And perhaps understanding that the fountain no longer exists within the world of a working movie studio but instead in a fictional park you'd find in california you'd probably understand why the details of the fountain where changed to remove the studio details while appreciating the fact they kept some of the previous charm of the fountain with Miss Piggy and the Rat's fishing for coins (a very muppet gag) when they could have just removed it all together and replaced it with a generic fountain or nothing at all. I agree completely that the fountain is a detail that shows what makes Disney Disney but if the setting and story being told is changing then the details of the fountain need to be changed and updated as well. Just like they did with the Land Pavillon when Soarin was added.

Castle Cake Apologist

And perhaps understanding that the fountain no longer exists within the world of a working movie studio but instead in a fictional park you'd find in california you'd probably understand why the details of the fountain where changed to remove the studio details while appreciating the fact they kept some of the previous charm of the fountain with Miss Piggy and the Rat's fishing for coins (a very muppet gag) when they could have just removed it all together and replaced it with a generic fountain or nothing at all. I agree completely that the fountain is a detail that shows what makes Disney Disney but if the setting and story being told is changing then the details of the fountain need to be changed and updated as well. Just like they did with the Land Pavillon when Soarin was added.

No, I get why they changed it and it makes sense with the new direction of the area. I'm grateful they kept what details they did, and honestly I can see how the original design was a little busy.

That still doesn't give somebody the right to refer to another as being 'mentally ill' because they're upset that something they like was changed with no notice. It's a narrative that this particular member parrots a lot, and the shtick is just getting a little boring. It just amazes me how constantly surprised he seems to be with the fact that there are obsessive WDW fans on a WDW fan site.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
So the fountain is back, but where's Fozzie?

This is what it looked like befor going under the knife:
disney-s-hollywood-studios.jpg

This is what it looks like today (courtesy of Bio):
DQnYLUtXUAMrIJG.jpg

Removal of two characters, an oversized pipe and downgraded water elements. Lame. I guess it blends in well with the underwhelming marquee now though.

Disone

Holy wow! The hostility on this thread over a fountain???? Wow.

Breathe everyone. At the end of the day here most of us are passionate fans. And I'm pretty sure all of us have been guilty of being too passionate about something Disney. Its easy to get upset with the faceless person whose passion does not align with our own. Remember it might have been you at one time, and if it's not you this time remember it might be you next time. Okay now back on topic.....

First ,someone pointed out we don't know that the other elements are never going to come back. Agree. Although in 6 months time if they're still not there I think the safe bet is they are gone.

After so many people stated that this Fountain was never going to come back, I think it's just good it did. I do kind of wish all the elements had comeback but you know what, I'm good with what they did. I get the sense that the Muppet Vision 3D years are numbered anyway so......

In the end I would like to give some credit to Disney. They think of things that we do and this may be an example of that. They installed sprinklers to water the plants that are in a fountain. Many on this forum took that as the death of the fountain. There was no way they were going to do that if they ever intended to bring the fountain back. Well, turns out they did that just to keep the plants green and healthy while they were there temporarily. One could think that's old school Disney, doing those little things that Disney does to be Disney.

Goofyernmost

Holy wow! The hostility on this thread over a fountain???? Wow.

Breathe everyone. At the end of the day here most of us are passionate fans. And I'm pretty sure all of us have been guilty of being too passionate about something Disney. Its easy to get upset with the faceless person whose passion does not align with our own. Remember it might have been you at one time, and if it's not you this time remember it might be you next time. Okay now back on topic.....

First ,someone pointed out we don't know that the other elements are never going to come back. Agree. Although in 6 months time if they're still not there I think the safe bet is they are gone.

After so many people stated that this Fountain was never going to come back, I think it's just good it did. I do kind of wish all the elements had comeback but you know what, I'm good with what they did. I get the sense that the Muppet Vision 3D years are numbered anyway so......

In the end I would like to give some credit to Disney. They think of things that we do and this may be an example of that. They installed sprinklers to water the plants that are in a fountain. Many on this forum took that as the death of the fountain. There was no way they were going to do that if they ever intended to bring the fountain back. Well, turns out they did that just to keep the plants green and healthy while they were there temporarily. One could think that's old school Disney, doing those little things that Disney does to be Disney.
Very well put. Thanks!

Cameron1529

This is a great example of the mental illness that plagues the fan community. Overreactions and personal offense over a water fountain that features a pig. No wonder Disney doesn't take fans seriously. Lol.

Wow. It plagues the fan community does it?? I would seriously reconsider how you approach certain situations, some people just may feel an attachment or love for a particular part of the park such as the fountain. If you confuse that with mental illness you should really rethink you perceptions. Its a Disney forum to discuss and bring up issues and points of view, if you feel the need to attack and demonise people for this you really don't belong on here. I say good on them for providing their point of view and opinion and contributing to this forum

Cmdr_Crimson

New Muppet video. Check out 8:30... Space Resaurant!! ;)

It's nice they are doing something with The Muppets...But, gosh I wish they could do more.....This still seems to be something they are still trying to struggle getting out there more...And with it only being in Florida and not in California it's a shame they didn't put the Theater back in DCA again...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom