News Muppet Vision 3D operating under reduced hours

WDWTank

They’re tourists, wadda they know?!
Why is it so hard for companies to realize that consumers are becoming smarter with the power of the smartphone?

Cmdr_Crimson

They already do that at One Man's Dream, or whatever they call it now, which is in the same park. So unless they want to change that, I don't see it happening.
They could just use the ABC Sound Theater again like they did when Maleficent came out...No one is watching the Youtube Star Wars fanboy clipshow movie anymore...

Cmdr_Crimson

They just need to make a state of the art dark ride for them. With the amount of Muppets there are that makes for an awfully expensive AA budget but the ride would remain popular if the attraction is great. At this point people just don't think of theater movies as must do attractions, especially one that looks dated, it's a way to beat the heat.
Or they could have done Toy Story Mania to Muppet Mania that would have worked amazingly..

Awakening

It's well worth seeing. It isn't anything mindblowing, but it's the last thing Jim Henson completed before his untimely death and if you love the classic Muppet humor, it's all there. Sadly, it hasn't run with its full opening-day effects for some time, but it's still a really enjoyable way to spend part of your day in the park.

What effects are missing?

Lensman

Well, it’s a corporate defense. There isn’t technically an error.
I see it less as a corporate defense than as an analysis to measure approximately how anti-consumer this move is. For example, it seems more reasonable to cut hours at an attraction that is under-attended than to, say, cut the frequency of HEA or cut the hours of the park itself.

It’s just a carp move by TDO to do this. People are paying for full access to this park. The park is in shambles to begin with, and then they voluntarily take attractions offline to save a few bucks. It’s a trash move.
From my perspective, I'd have to ask "who is it hurting and how much". So obviously the only people it is hurting is the people who want to go see the show before 10 and or after 6pm. And how much does it hurt them? I'd say that it depends on whether their schedule allows them to squeeze in one of the other 10am-6pm showings. If they can see one of the other showings, then the harm would seem to be minimal, unless it displaced attendance at another attraction.

I guess I view it like the limited hours of World Showcase or Futureworld in Epcot - I'd prefer that all the attractions were open until park closing to give me greater flexibility in planning, but the fact that some areas or attractions don't open until 11 am or close at 7 pm doesn't actually impact my ability to see everything that I want to see.

I guess this makes a bunch of people see me as an apologist and a terrible person, and for that you have my deepest sympathy.

I do love MuppetVision 3D. Always have, always will.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I guess this makes a bunch of people see me as an apologist and a terrible person, and for that you have my deepest sympathy.
Not a terrible person, by all accounts you seem like a very nice fellow.

But, yeah, I guess it would make you an apologist. It's always something I find a bit odd. TWDC doesn't know you, doesn't care about you, why do you (general, and specific) feel the need to defend a move that does nothing but slide a few more dollars into their coffers?

This isn't a move to improve guest experience in any way, shape, or form. So why defend it?

Lensman

Not a terrible person, by all accounts you seem like a very nice fellow.

But, yeah, I guess it would make you an apologist. It's always something I find a bit odd. TWDC doesn't know you, doesn't care about you, why do you (general, and specific) feel the need to defend a move that does nothing but slide a few more dollars into their coffers?

This isn't a move to improve guest experience in any way, shape, or form. So why defend it?
You're the one reading "intent to defend" into my post. Here's what I said:
I'd prefer that all the attractions were open until park closing to give me greater flexibility in planning, but the fact that some areas or attractions don't open until 11 am or close at 7 pm doesn't actually impact my ability to see everything that I want to see.
I read this as meaning that the shorter hours is "bad", but I'm asking how much impact it has on people's enjoyment of the park? I do this in order to ask how bad this is relative to other cost-savings measures. I'm also hoping that it isn't what other people have said it is, which is the first step towards eventual closing of the attraction. That would be truly be a disaster, in my mind.

I don't understand why we spend so much time here attacking and namecalling other people for being unhappy, but not as mad as one's self.

And for that matter, @xdan0920, even after I try to head off ad hominem personal attacks by admitting that anything short of hyperbolic condemnation of this move would be labeled as an apologist move, do you insist on actually doing the name-calling and the personal attack? That seems far more deserving of hyperbolic condemnation because the motivation can't even be explained as simple corporate greed, but an almost personal animus against anyone with an opinion that differs even slightly from your own. That's the behavior of a bully. Is the next step that no one is going to allow to post unless they declare their loyalty to you?

There's no way I'm doing that and since you seem to feel you have the power to control the posting here, I'm just going to eliminate this annoyance from my life and give up on the site entirely. I hope you're happy with that you've achieved your goal of silencing someone who would like civil discourse without personal attacks.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

From my perspective, I'd have to ask "who is it hurting and how much". So obviously the only people it is hurting is the people who want to go see the show before 10 and or after 6pm. And how much does it hurt them?
Yea it really doesn't hurt anyone, but it is a chump move by Disney as a whole. The park is a joke and the fact that they would cut anything is an embarrassment. They charge an ultra premium price and I expect no matter when I go to any of the parks, I have access to the attractions. A move like this in the grand scheme isn't that big a deal. But couple it on top of all the other cuts and price increases and it's a problem. It just shows how little Disney actually cares about its guests.

Jon81uk

Why don’t they move Chewbacca to near Star Tours?

I expect all the meets will move when the new land opens in a years time.
In the meantime the studios park needs capacity and launch bay is at least new experiences compared to Muppet vision.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
You're the one reading "intent to defend" into my post. Here's what I said:

I read this as meaning that the shorter hours is "bad", but I'm asking how much impact it has on people's enjoyment of the park? I do this in order to ask how bad this is relative to other cost-savings measures. I'm also hoping that it isn't what other people have said it is, which is the first step towards eventual closing of the attraction. That would be truly be a disaster, in my mind.

I don't understand why we spend so much time here attacking and namecalling other people for being unhappy, but not as mad as one's self.

And for that matter, @xdan0920, even after I try to head off ad hominem personal attacks by admitting that anything short of hyperbolic condemnation of this move would be labeled as an apologist move, do you insist on actually doing the name-calling and the personal attack? That seems far more deserving of hyperbolic condemnation because the motivation can't even be explained as simple corporate greed, but an almost personal animus against anyone with an opinion that differs even slightly from your own. That's the behavior of a bully. Is the next step that no one is going to allow to post unless they declare their loyalty to you?

There's no way I'm doing that and since you seem to feel you have the power to control the posting here, I'm just going to eliminate this annoyance from my life and give up on the site entirely. I hope you're happy with that you've achieved your goal of silencing someone who would like civil discourse without personal attacks.

Er. I said you were a nice fellow.

HauntedMansionFLA

I honestly think you are starting to see end of the Muppets in this park. This is a classic Disney move when eventually shutting down a attraction of restaurant, no? Everyone keeps talking about the new Indy land and getting rid of the stunt show. But what if they keep the show and level the Muppets area for a ride building space. Gives you a huge attendance swallower of the show, and dark ride, and a coaster. I grew up on the Muppets and love them, they just ain't grabbing the audience in today's world. Just spitballing.

Something is fishy...
What about Star Tours??

HauntedMansionFLA

As a big theater show running continuously in a low-attendance park, MV3D often plays to barely-occupied houses. Imagine what Philharmonic would be like if MK only had 60% of its usual attendance. The movie shorts in Magic Eye in Epcot also is in the same situation.

Since (almost) no one is rope-dropping MV3D or seeing it during the run-up time to Fantasmic! and the hub shows, it's only makes sense to lop off the early and late times. If this indeed happening, I'm sure they'll extend its hours again during the holiday crush.
How many people can watch the show in the theatre?
Can this theatre be used to bring the Star Wars cartoons like Rebels and Clobe Wars to the young demographic that can’t ride the two attractions that have a height requirement??
Like several have stated, just budget cuts were they won’t have too much negative reviews

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom