News Muppet Vision 3D operating under reduced hours

Bacon

Original Poster
MV3D will be showing from 10am to 6pm daily until April 2019.

Last edited by a moderator:

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
I honestly think you are starting to see end of the Muppets in this park. This is a classic Disney move when eventually shutting down a attraction of restaurant, no? Everyone keeps talking about the new Indy land and getting rid of the stunt show. But what if they keep the show and level the Muppets area for a ride building space. Gives you a huge attendance swallower of the show, and dark ride, and a coaster. I grew up on the Muppets and love them, they just ain't grabbing the audience in today's world. Just spitballing.

Something is fishy...

Magic Feather

I honestly think you are starting to see end of the Muppets in this park. This is a classic Disney move when eventually shutting down a attraction of restaurant, no? Everyone keeps talking about the new Indy land and getting rid of the stunt show. But what if they keep the show and level the Muppets area for a ride building space. Gives you a huge attendance swallower of the show, and dark ride, and a coaster. I grew up on the Muppets and love them, they just ain't grabbing the audience in today's world. Just spitballing.

Something is fishy...
Nah, just budget cutz.

discos

Although I'm not supportive of cutting hours, I could see why they're doing it. That section of the park is a ghost town while all the nighttime activities are going on at the other end of the park. Every time I've gone into Muppet Vision past 7 in the past few months, there's been no more than 30 people in each show. I think 6 is a little early if they want to cut hours, 7 would have been more appropriate.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
As a big theater show running continuously in a low-attendance park, MV3D often plays to barely-occupied houses. Imagine what Philharmonic would be like if MK only had 60% of its usual attendance. The movie shorts in Magic Eye in Epcot also is in the same situation.

Since (almost) no one is rope-dropping MV3D or seeing it during the run-up time to Fantasmic! and the hub shows, it's only makes sense to lop off the early and late times. If this indeed happening, I'm sure they'll extend its hours again during the holiday crush.

mikejs78

Premium Member
You know, it's funny. This forum is almost universally critical of Corless' site, yet it seems like every time he posts something, someone starts a discussion thread about it here. Almost like he posts information that folks are interested in and want to talk about.

Just an observation. Carry on,
I think it's that any time there is any kind of rumor, regardless of the source, people want to talk about it.

Doesn't change the fact that that particular site is click-baity, doesn't properly credit people for rumors, and the owner is a bit of a crybaby.

Bender123

I think it's that any time there is any kind of rumor, regardless of the source, people want to talk about it.

Doesn't change the fact that that particular site is click-baity, doesn't properly credit people for rumors, and the owner is a bit of a crybaby.

I would also say that Tom is click baity, but he also tends to have some smoke when he cries fire. I think part of the problem we have with his site is that he tends to take information form insiders on this source, spin it out on his own and claim it without sourcing it back.

KBLovedDisney

If this show is seriously on its way out of HS, please keep us posted! :(

If I don't get to see this in person before it leaves, I will have major regrets.

Edit: If I don't get to see this show again in person is what I meant...I am still waking up this morning.

Last edited:

geekza

If this show is seriously on its way out of HS, please keep us posted! :(

If I don't get to see this in person before it leaves, I will have major regrets.
It's well worth seeing. It isn't anything mindblowing, but it's the last thing Jim Henson completed before his untimely death and if you love the classic Muppet humor, it's all there. Sadly, it hasn't run with its full opening-day effects for some time, but it's still a really enjoyable way to spend part of your day in the park.

KBLovedDisney

It's well worth seeing. It isn't anything mindblowing, but it's the last thing Jim Henson completed before his untimely death and if you love the classic Muppet humor, it's all there. Sadly, it hasn't run with its full opening-day effects for some time, but it's still a really enjoyable way to spend part of your day in the park.
This was my Dad's favorite show. He loved Statler and Waldorf. Him and my uncle acted like them all of the time. I have some really good memories being there with him and getting to hear him laugh which didn't happen very often.:(

geekza

This was my Dad's favorite show. He loved Statler and Waldorf. Him and my uncle acted like them all of the time. I have some really good memories being there with him and getting to hear him laugh which didn't happen very often.:(
That was the great thing about the Muppets. There were each such well-developed characters that every person could always find one that really connected to them.

boufa

I am wondering... thinking out loud... making no sense I am sure...

Mama Melrose throws a wrench into my thoughts, but maybe they need to make more noise and disruption with Galaxies Edge construction, and that closing this corner for a few more hours a day gives them more construction hours?

DisneyFreak

Something is fishy...

1540475961070.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom