Multiple dining reservations during the same day -- ethical or not?

Multiple reservations or not?

• Total voters

durangojim

Original Poster
So just thought I'd ask a question regarding dining reservations -- how many of us have made more than one reservation for lunch, dinner, etc at two different restaurants on the same day or the same restaurant at two different times? I know I'm guilty of this because often I can't get reservations for the exact time I want or need, so I'll take a 430pm and a 730pm dinner reservation and then cancel which ever I won't be attending, or have lunch reservations at the Brown Derby and Teppan Edo for about the same time and cancel the one that we're not going to. Unfortunately I feel that because of the Disney Dining Plan and it's popularity that I have to be "proactive" getting dining reservations, because so many people are eating at sit-down reservations that wouldn't be otherwise that it is nearly impossible to go to a restaurant without a reservation and expect to be seated within a reasonable amount of time. Just wondering other people's thoughts.

WDWmazprty

I think if you're well prepared ahead of time with your dining list and you call exactly on the 90 day mark, you should be fine. Just have an alternate restaurant ready just in case your first choice is taken, but don't make multiple ressies, not cool.

Computer Magic

I think if you're well prepared ahead of time with your dining list and you call exactly on the 90 day mark, you should be fine. Just have an alternate restaurant ready just in case your first choice is taken, but don't make multiple ressies, not cool.
Agree, but Disney does need to do something for the locals. When not vacationing, how many times do you know 90 days in advance where you want to eat.

When vacationing I like to plan so I make sure I hit the places I enjoy, when at home, not so much cuz I can also return if it too full...

Long live the Dining Plan, just make it fair to the locals and don't water down the offerings :lookaroun

Phonedave

I don't make multiple reservations on the same day.

Partly out of consederation for others.

Mostly because a second option really does me no good. If I reserve, lets say, Biergarden at 5:30, and it turns out that I am not in EPCOT or I am just not hungry, what are the chances that my "back up" reservation is going to fit my needs? If I can't make the Germany one, then no big deal, I'll just get counter service.

I realize that for those on the DDP who have to use all of their TS credits in order to get the full value of the plan may not want to eat CS when they had a TS booked. But then thats part of the reason that the DDP is not for me.

-dave

jakeman

I would be interested to know how much of this actually happens.

This seems to be a level of skullduggery that is beyond the average guest.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I get the ADR I want for the park I plan to be in [or elsewhere based on the park I plan to be in] and stick to it. If the park has a lot of rides 101 or for whatever reason I go elsewhere, I keep the ADR anyway.

To borrow from an old hunting rule: Book what you'll eat and eat what you've booked.

Beccone

My husband and I just had a discussion about this this morning. Today is our 90 mark and I made our reservations but unfortunately we couldn't get into Le Cellier (sp?) so I reserved our backup choice which was Akershus. When I told my husband, he wanted me to also reserve the restaurant in Japan (sorry can't remember the name) as a back up. But I just don't think that it's fair to others so I didn't. Totally bummed about Le Cellier though, it was the first place I reserved and then the CM accidently erased it and by the time he realized it and went to make a new reservation they were booked :cry: So much for getting up early so I could call at 7 am to make sure we got it.

tink68

We usually only have one dining resv a day and just wing it the rest of the time. I do however keep the dining # in my phone and if we cannot make it or want to change I just call and they take care of it for me.

Lucky

My husband and I just had a discussion about this this morning. Today is our 90 mark and I made our reservations but unfortunately we couldn't get into Le Cellier (sp?) so I reserved our backup choice which was Akershus. When I told my husband, he wanted me to also reserve the restaurant in Japan (sorry can't remember the name) as a back up. But I just don't think that it's fair to others so I didn't. Totally bummed about Le Cellier though, it was the first place I reserved and then the CM accidently erased it and by the time he realized it and went to make a new reservation they were booked :cry: So much for getting up early so I could call at 7 am to make sure we got it.
I keep hearing about these "accidents" under the new system. I hope they figure out what they're doing soon, or let us make our own ADRs on line.

DisneyGigi

I don't do it. I just don't think it is fair to other people. It is just as easy for us to make our reservations well ahead of time and all we have to do is plan around our meals. It is the only thing that we ever really plan, everything else is go with the flow, moment type thing.

bayoutinkbelle

Making multiple ressies for the same time frame is pretty low, IMHO. Not canceling the ones you're not going to use? Boy, if Disney could come up with some kind of penalty for that, I wouldn't complain.

I always plan and make ressies for each trip. If something comes up once I'm at WDW and I need to change plans, just call and cancel. Then, of course, you take your chances getting whatever it is you do want then, but that's life. I just decided long ago that I didn't want to be that person who walks up and asks to be seated, only to be told there's nothing available. I see it all the time on every trip. What's worse is that some people have the nerve to get an attitude about it. Again, IMHO, that's what you get if you don't plan.

I think it would be nice if there could be a separate plan/option/whatever for locals. I definitely can understand how trying to dine as a local could be very frustrating.

I'll get off the soapbox now. I'm not usually this preachy, promise. :eek:

wdwmomof3

I don't do it either because it is just mean. Think of the people who would love to have that ADR, and then they have to plan something else and miss out.

Paul G.

Sorry for your luck.My wife was also up at 7:00 am,she was on hold for over an hour, when she finally got through we got all the adr's we wanted including LeCellier.

disneygirl1024

I think it's rude to be a ressie hog. :fork: It's very inconsiderate of the other people who want to get their favs in and no I don't do it.

Abbyjoe

I wouldn't make 2 reservations, I don't think that is cool.

BUT...that being said...When we go up to the podium to check in, it's not like they were holding a table for us. If you don't show up, I guess it would be like a gift to someone with no reservation? It's not like it is a lost table, is what I am saying I guess.

Still stinks for the person on the phone 89 days out trying to get a spot though...:(

DisneyMom4

I don't make multiple reservations, but not because I don't think it's wrong. It's just not something that I think about doing.

However, I am very guilty of making reservations and not showing up for them. Sometimes I forget, sometimes I'm not at that park, sometimes I just don't want to eat. I try to call and cancel, but it doesn't always happen.....because I'm human.

CAPTAIN HOOK

1) Book your stay at WDW

2) Work out your itinerary

3) Book your ADRs according to the park you're going to be in at each meal time.

4) No need to book more than one ADR per meal time

:shrug:

mousefan1972

1) Book your stay at WDW

2) Work out your itinerary

3) Book your ADRs according to the park you're going to be in at each meal time.

4) No need to book more than one ADR per meal time

:shrug:

Come on Captain, nothing is that simple!! :rolleyes:

You forgot:

1. How do I know 6 months in advance (now 3 months) when I will be hungry or what kind of food I might want? (Gee, I don't know, what time do you eat dinner at home every day?)

2. We don't want to buy the park hopper option so what if we choose to go to a different park than the park where our ADR is?

3. I want to cover all of my bases because, after all, my family is the only one in WDW that matters so as long as I have my ressies, I don't care if you have yours!! :rolleyes:

*sarcasm over*

In seriousness, I have booked 2 dinner ADR's at the same time while our plans were up in the air, but I ALWAYS cancel the one I'm not going to use. And it might only happen on 1 or 2 nights during a 8 or 9 night trip. I think guests that purposefully make multiple reservations just so they will have an ADR in every park (and don't cancel the unused ones) are rude and selfish. :shrug:

WishIwasThere

I'm a planner when it comes to my trips. I figure which park I will be in for that day and plan on the reservation to be in that park. I never have made mulitiple reservation, nor would I. My wife likes to be the fly by the seat type person and would rather not do reservations, but I don't want to wait either.

They need to start charging a small fee for no shows to stop the reservation abuse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom