MSEP, MK Perimeter fireworks, heading to WDW this summer - Summer Nightastic

_Scar

While I enjoy Spectro, I must still strongly (and I mean strongly) disagree....MSEP was around the Magic Kingdom for a very long time before Spectro was even on the drawing boards.....

I consider MSEP a true classic

MSEP was Disneyland's parade though. Once Spectro was created it took on a classic status rather fast- at least for my family. It defines the Magic Kingdom- yes, it's a little rusty and could be improved... yet it still captures the magic and spirit of Disney. :animwink::wave:

yensid67

WDW SummerNightastic vs. Spectro Magic

I am a fellow Cast Member and rememebr seeing the Electrical Parade AND the Spectro, so here is my 2 cents worth on the subject..

I truly enjoy ALL the Disney parades, but EP at MK was truly classic like it as noted, but I only saw the EP a few times, but enough to appreciate it just the same. My first time was in 1985 at DL. Once EP was gone to Euro Disney , they brought in Spectro and that was the parade I saw more times than I wanted to see, but I appreciated the fact that it was representing MK. There are differences bwtween both parades, the lighting and the music, but one thing that they both had in common was the fact they each became classics in their own rights.

I know I read that the EP has been updated with a new Tinker Bell lead-off float and most, if not all the floats have been updated with LED's, this will put a new spin on an old classic and make it more green for the environment. MAYBE they are taking Spectro out of commission and replacing the lighting with LED's as well!? One can only wish and hope!:sohappy:

I, myself favor Spectro because it was the parade that I saw the most. I hope they bring back Spectro to WDW in 2011 with all new lighting and a music upgrade as well as some float upgrades...and those little people on the balls, I hope they leave them in! I LOVE THEM! :ROFLOL:

But like I said Spectro hopefully to return in late 2010 or early 2011 with updates all around...just in time for my December 2011 trip?!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: (so excited because this trip has been in a planning stage for 10 years!)

Thanks for listening to me ramble on and on!

msbuzzlightyear

Main Street electrical Parade

I'm planning a trip in Dec 2010 to WDW and am hoping the MSEP will still be there, maybe I can hear more of the electrosynthamagnetic sound other then on my ringtone. I don't want to answer my phone now so I can hear the annocement and the music.:sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

MSEP was Disneyland's parade though. Once Spectro was created it took on a classic status rather fast- at least for my family. It defines the Magic Kingdom- yes, it's a little rusty and could be improved... yet it still captures the magic and spirit of Disney. :animwink::wave:

I do agree with you in the sense that Spectro is wholly the MK Night parade. It's OUR classic.

Doesn't mean it it can't go on break for a bit to get freshened up while we get to see new things.:shrug:

puntagordabob

I do agree with you in the sense that Spectro is wholly the MK Night parade. It's OUR classic.

Doesn't mean it it can't go on break for a bit to get freshened up while we get to see new things.:shrug:

Yep, seems like they do this at DLR quite a lot...with all their seasonal changes... lets hope and pray that this is perhaps the beginning of a change of philosophy at TDO and not a knee-jerk reaction to the Harry Potter stuff as some have suggested. For me, I am a Glass Half-Full kind of person, so I will have some faith that this is a change of direction at TDO that will allow us a WDW to be more on par with DLR, etc... after all was it not in the 1990s that DLR was the resort that was stale and the fanbase voiced their feelings and TDA acted appropriately creating the wonderful experience today at DLR?

Keep our voices being heard....call TDO when they do badly (and that is usually loud and clear!!!), BUT LETS BE FAIR and be sure our voices are heard when they do something right... Positive Feedback is good for the soul...if I were in TDO and did something right and the fans were negative, then what was the point of making things better if it is unappreciated?

So I will say Thank You TDO! This is a grand first step....but it is a journey that will be a long one...but step by step you can make WDW better and in turn make Walt in heaven Proud.

PS...Please bring the DLR Tiki Room show to the WDW Tropical Serenade...and take the Iago Under New Management and return it to "Under Walt's Management"

EPCOT Explorer

Yep, seems like they do this at DLR quite a lot...with all their seasonal changes... lets hope and pray that this is perhaps the beginning of a change of philosophy at TDO and not a knee-jerk reaction to the Harry Potter stuff as some have suggested. For me, I am a Glass Half-Full kind of person, so I will have some faith that this is a change of direction at TDO that will allow us a WDW to be more on par with DLR, etc... after all was it not in the 1990s that DLR was the resort that was stale and the fanbase voiced their feelings and TDA acted appropriately creating the wonderful experience today at DLR?

Keep our voices being heard....call TDO when they do badly (and that is usually loud and clear!!!), BUT LETS BE FAIR and be sure our voices are heard when they do something right... Positive Feedback is good for the soul...if I were in TDO and did something right and the fans were negative, then what was the point of making things better if it is unappreciated?

So I will say Thank You TDO! This is a grand first step....but it is a journey that will be a long one...but step by step you can make WDW better and in turn make Walt in heaven Proud.

PS...Please bring the DLR Tiki Room show to the WDW Tropical Serenade...and take the Iago Under New Management and return it to "Under Walt's Management"

I echo this.... It's a very good sign that TDO might be turning around and starting to offer new entertainment. Hope they continue the trend.

steener618

Very much doubt the NYE tag. The 25th tag was on par product and budget wise with Peace on Earth, something shown as an added for nothing value plussing of the show during the holidays; I`d imagine any tag would be comparable to this. Which is no bad thing of course.

Maybe they could add the extra pyro from the "missing-globe" version of the show :lookaroun

steener618

So amazing. We saw that clip in the WoC Thread.

I'd like to see a show like that implemented, but not at DHS. Plus our Fant! first. DAK is perfect for this.

Absolutely! DAK has been neglected for some form of nighttime entertainment for long enough. I understand why pyro should not be used but a WoC type show would be perfect.

jt04

So amazing. We saw that clip in the WoC Thread.

I'd like to see a show like that implemented, but not at DHS. Plus our Fant! first. DAK is perfect for this.

I know people keep saying that but I'm not sure the technology can be used in a real lake due to sediments and algae in the water. DCA's lake is essentially a giant swimming pool and I believe the water is filtered. But if it can, I'm all for seeing it at DAK. Amazing tecnology. Water fireworks.:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

I know people keep saying that but I'm not sure the technology can be used in a real lake due to sediments and algae in the water. DCA's lake is essentially a giant swimming pool and I believe the water is filtered. But if it can, I'm all for seeing it at DAK. Amazing tecnology. Water fireworks.:lol:

Anything is possible.

But back to MSEP. And MMM. And ToT. :D

Anyone curious as to how they are going to light the Castle for MSEP? Same lighting as Spectro or is it part of the show?

And another thing...How much of this is going to alter the Operating Hour of MK? I planned my trip around EMH...

BigRedDad

If this comes about, I pray that it is there for a long while and not just a few months. I will be there in March and October. It will truly stink if I miss out.

steener618

Anything is possible.

But back to MSEP. And MMM. And ToT. :D

Anyone curious as to how they are going to light the Castle for MSEP? Same lighting as Spectro or is it part of the show?

And another thing...How much of this is going to alter the Operating Hour of MK? I planned my trip around EMH...

I never really paid attention to the castle during Spectro. Not sure how the lighting will go.

Figment632

So build a man made one like they did in DCA!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom