MSEP Floats have arrived ?!

aladdin2007

I had heard that when MSEP does return it would be the Dreamlights version from Tokyo. I could see that happening for WDW's 40th anniversary, but no one knows yet for sure I guess.

darthjohnny

I have been hearing rumors that they plan to replace the day parade and/or Spectromagic by 2009. Who knows if this is a start in this direction.

devoy1701

I hate to burst your bubbles here, but the MSEP units have been in central shops for quite some time now.

The reason MSEP came back in 2000 was because those were DLs units which were sent down to be repaired and updated for the return at DCA in 2001. The only facility large enough to handle this refurb was central shops. WDW figured while they had them they would run the parade.

The units at DL are the originals from DL. Hong Kong has yet to have this parade. WDWs are still in central shops.

Just Joined members never burst my bubbles with their posts....

no offense meant...

now if MasterYoda said that he was sorry to burst my bubble...i might become slightly depressed and blast MSEP in my car on my way home from campus tonight...

Tho it is funny that you have been here since jun 07 and I have only been here since July 07....but still...ya know what I mean...and still....no offense meant!

disneydudette

Well perhaps when we recieve DL's day time parade, they'll bring back MSEP as it's partner... who knows... perhaps it's part of a new celebration

I for one would love to see the MSEP make a comeback... was never remotely a fan of Spectromagic.

Animaniac93-98

They're still depressed over Light Magic and are afraid to try anything else. :ROFLOL:

Cue annoying Celtic/bagpipe music.

If they were to bring anything back, they could at least put the train and Elliot with Spectro. Maybe even the dancers from Cinderella since there already is a Cindy float in Spectro.

colliera

Just passing through

It's more likely that MSEP is at WDW to be refurbed at Central Shops before being shipped to DLP. WDW built both/all versions originally used at WDW and DL.

WDWRLD

Spectro is great but I never was a great fan of the Fiber Optics and spectromen. The change from color at all white while it did tell a story wasnt that exciting to me. For ol times sake I would like to see MSEP again with Petes dragon.

Figment571

I know I'm going to make some people angry with this remark, but why can't WDI come up with a NEW nighttime parade instead of just bringing back a parade that's been around for years? :shrug: I would rather see an all new parade, one that perhaps combines the best of Spectro and MSEP along with completely new designs from recent movies/characters, as opposed to an old parade that, while slightly refreshed around 2000, was designed in the 1970's.

Now, I've never seen the MSEP, so it doesn't carry any sentimental value for me, and while I think Spectro is a great parade, I still wouldn't shed any tears if it went, especially if it meant a fresh, new parade was coming in its place. I know we all grow fond of particular shows/atractions/parades (I personally will find it VERY difficult to say good bye to Reflections of Earth when it goes), but at the same time, change must come, and I would prefer to see something new come to the parks as opposed to something that's already been around for decades. Just my two cents.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

But anywho look at japan's MSELP they actually have new things in it like Monster's Inc and Nemo.

dnw

Taking away SpectroMagic would be a crime. Why would they bring back MSEP? I don't hate it. It's just, its OLD. I know people remember it. I know its a memory. But you know, Spectro DOES NOT get the credit it deserves. No publicity, Nothing. And it STILL pulls a crowd. STILL pulls one. While MSEP gets ALL the credit. It just bothes me that SpectroMagic does not get credit. And people still wait for it! Man! I love that parade. I'm the SpectroMen's Number One Fan! And if that parade goes away, I WILL, I REPEAT WILL, be at the last one. Me (from DNW Productions) Tom Corless () and John Corigliano () will be there. I hope MSEP comes back. To fail.

Long Live SpectroMagic!

Bug715

Like the old nighttime parade is going to come back?! The one that I hated even as a kid!? I think I'm going to cry. I've never been a huge fan of spectro (ok I was my last few days on my CP) but seriously MSEP music drives me nuts!!!! I guess I'll just have to go back to riding all the rides during the night parade like I did back in the day.

devoy1701

I agree. I understand if people have fond memories of it from way back, thus the nostalgia, but for me, that repetitive electronic music drives. me. crazy.

my love of the parade is purely from the music...I have it on my ipod..the disneyland version and the MK version...i never got to see the parade in person but i just absolutely LOVE the music. infact I actually didn't speed on i75 coming home tonight because the music was putting me in a chipper mood!

to each his own...

Bug715

I agree. I understand if people have fond memories of it from way back, thus the nostalgia, but for me, that repetitive electronic music drives. me. crazy.

Once I called reservation hotline and that was the music they gave me. I told my mom that they were just tempting me to hang up and call back. I had to put it on speakerphone and on the other side of the bed so I wouldn't go crazy!

WDW1974

MSEP will NOT be returning to WDW. More bad rumor.

DCA's EP will be going to HKDL at some point and DCA will get SpectroMagic (if current plans stay ontrack) in time for DL's 55th.

MK will be getting an all new nighttime parade in 2011.

Nicole220

MSEP will NOT be returning to WDW. More bad rumor.

DCA's EP will be going to HKDL at some point and DCA will get SpectroMagic (if current plans stay ontrack) in time for DL's 55th.

MK will be getting an all new nighttime parade in 2011.
:fork::fork::fork:

I really hope that's not true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom