MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

jrhwdw

I don't think they would, they haven't had MSEP in years and the reason Spectro died because MSEP took up the space it used to occupy.
Didn't TDO "Choose" not to store it? It can't be because of lack of room. Spectro came back fine in 2001 after DL MSEP's first time in MK. Also, when Spectro opened for the 20th, I saw somewhere that MK's own MSEP ran till mid Sep....

There had to be enough room for 2 Night Parades, 2 Seasonal Parades and the Daily Parade!

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Didn't TDO "Choose" not to store it? It can't be because of lack of room. Spectro came back fine in 2001 after DL MSEP's first time in MK. Also, when Spectro opened for the 20th, I saw somewhere that MK's own MSEP ran till mid Sep....

There had to be enough room for 2 Night Parades, 2 Seasonal Parades and the Daily Parade!
This has always puzzled me too. It really seems like a deliberate choice to do something differently from the 2001 hiatus. Although it could just be that MSEP had a shorter stay in 2001, so there wasn't as much wear-and-tear on Spectro? Didn't MSEP keep getting extended after the 2010 return?

Kittlesona

If they could run it down Sunset Boulevard than this problem would be solved but I don't think they can unfortunately.

Didn’t someone say awhile back that if WDW was to get PTN or any new nighttime parade it would require a new storage shed backstage? Surely that hasn’t been built yet and definitely couldn’t go under the radar.
This sounds like confirmation that the Galactic Starcruiser will become storage for a new parade at DHS to me

pdude81

Calling that a parade is being extremely generous.
Fair. Cavalcade. But honestly adding that back in along with the other seemingly random cavalcades at DHS would work better for me than a night parade there. I hope whatever night parade that comes will be at MK with their defined parade route and procedures

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Fair. Cavalcade. But honestly adding that back in along with the other seemingly random cavalcades at DHS would work better for me than a night parade there. I hope whatever night parade that comes will be at MK with their defined parade route and procedures
What other route can a parade go in MK lol 😂

Squishy

Didn't they tear out a lot of the backstage Parade storage area when they were thinking about building SWGE behind Echo Lake area? I thought I remember them doing the prep and then changing locations to the back of the park...
They didnt tear it out but modified the building by putting a wall in the middle of it, one side is the moveable stages other side is probably storage or some cast area.

junglecruise93

What do you think is the cost of a parade in terms of development versus operation?

For example, what does it cost to design and build floats, record soundtrack, etc.

Vs.

What is the annnual operating cost? For example - paying personnel as characters, float drivers, etc., maintenance and repair (don’t ask those in charge of SM), etc.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

This has always puzzled me too. It really seems like a deliberate choice to do something differently from the 2001 hiatus. Although it could just be that MSEP had a shorter stay in 2001, so there wasn't as much wear-and-tear on Spectro? Didn't MSEP keep getting extended after the 2010 return?

Someone in management decided it was cheaper to store the Spectromagic parade floats outside under tarps rather than have it take up space inside, so they could save some money. When they went to get them out of "storage" to replace MSEP, the floats were determined to be in a state beyond repair and were scrapped. As in literally thrown in a dumpster.

ToTBellHop

Someone in management decided it was cheaper to store the Spectromagic parade floats outside under tarps rather than have it take up space inside, so they could save some money. When they went to get them out of "storage" to replace MSEP, the floats were determined to be in a state beyond repair and were scrapped. As in literally thrown in a dumpster.
To be fair, this is the first time I am hearing Florida is super moist and humid and that such a condition can rot things. I was led to believe it’s just sunny at all times.

Splash4eva

To be fair, this is the first time I am hearing Florida is super moist and humid and that such a condition can rot things. I was led to believe it’s just sunny at all times.
Almost like attendance levels being down because newsflash… its hot in Florida come summer time

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

You win the interwebz today. 😂

Nameless manager: "I'm from San Diego, what do you mean it's not 75F and beautiful everywhere in the world? Why doesn't Orlando have weather like that all year?"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom