MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

TTA94

Im bored so, a few thoughts on PTN lol. As for the whole rumor of the PTN Mac issue at MK, how did they even determine it won’t fit or make the turns? I think someone claimed they brought the Mac float to MK and tried it out? I have a hard time believing any PTN float has ever set foot, or wheels lol, in MK.
Mac certainly isn’t the longest float MK has had. But I get it Macs trailer isn’t in sections so it can’t bend around the turns. Obviously it’s not “supposed” to bend as real life trailers do not nor does Mac bend in the movie, however, I wonder if they could modify the trailer section so it Can bend? I really doubt to many people would think anything of seeing Macs trailer bending. Everyone is to focused on the cool lighting patterns lol.

But, as cool as the Mac float is it won’t fit in theme wise at MK. Whether or not WDW will agree? who knows. So IF, big IF, PTN is coming and if it comes without Mac I hope it’s replaced and not just simply cut. I also hope the replacement is equally as fun with cool lighting effects.

Oh and the Incredibles floats can 1000% stay at DL 🤮. They made a horrible decision to replace the Frozen unit with that garbage. Ideally they need to rebuild the Frozen float and also add in a few others like Moana.

Last edited:

Squishy

Im bored so, a few thoughts on PTN lol. As for the whole rumor of the PTN Mac issue at MK, how did they even determine it won’t fit or make the turns? I think someone claimed they brought the Mac float to MK and tried it out? I have a hard time believing any PTN float has ever set foot, or wheels lol, in MK.
Mac certainly isn’t the longest float MK has had. But I get it Macs trailer isn’t in sections so it can’t bend around the turns. Obviously it’s not “supposed” to bend as real life trailers do not nor does Mac bend in the movie, however, I wonder if they could modify the trailer section so it Can bend? I really doubt to many people would think anything of seeing Macs trailer bending. Everyone is to focused on the cool lighting patterns lol.

But, as cool as the Mac float is it won’t fit in theme wise at MK. Whether or not WDW will agree? who knows. So IF, big IF, PTN is coming and if it comes without Mac I hope it’s replaced and not just simply cut. I also hope the replacement is equally as fun with cool lighting effects.

Oh and the Incredibles floats can 1000% stay at DL 🤮. They made a horrible decision to replace the Frozen unit with that garbage. Ideally they need to rebuild the Frozen float and also add in a few others like Moana.
No PTN float ever set foot in WDW, also didnt wdwmagic say DHS will not be parade-less a few months ago? Wonder if he was refering to the rumored nighttime parade or a new daytime parade for DHS.

TarzanRocked99-

Someone in management decided it was cheaper to store the Spectromagic parade floats outside under tarps rather than have it take up space inside, so they could save some money. When they went to get them out of "storage" to replace MSEP, the floats were determined to be in a state beyond repair and were scrapped. As in literally thrown in a dumpster.
I’ve always found this odd as well, I worked entertainment when Spectro came back in 2001, BOTH ELP and Spectro at that time were located in the interior parade storage building. The Day parade (it was still the 25th parade) was stored under the covered outdoor portion of the building and the Holiday floats were in the back building. There was plenty of room.

Then a few years later this was deemed a better solution out behind Central Shops.

1692446315820.jpeg

TTA94

I’ve always found this odd as well, I worked entertainment when Spectro came back in 2001, BOTH ELP and Spectro at that time were located in the interior parade storage building. The Day parade (it was still the 25th parade) was stored under the covered outdoor portion of the building and the Holiday floats were in the back building. There was plenty of room.

Then a few years later this was deemed a better solution out behind Central Shops.

View attachment 738347

Heartbreaking.

Starship824

In the Parks
No

Soooo what your saying is if they just left it in the same spot as before we would still have Spectro today and there wasn't actually a storage issue?

scottieRoss

And shame on Ops for them not wanting a night parade when MK was always meant to have one. All of them and who made the decision to not replace Spectro and MSEP a long time ago and only have HEA should be fired. Moving forward anyone on the team who is not in favor of a nighttime parade returning to MKs entertainment lineup should be fired.
Mk was not always meant to have one. The first MSEP did not appear at MK until June 11, 1977.

TTA94

Mk was not always meant to have one. The first MSEP did not appear at MK until June 11, 1977.

True MK didn’t debut with a light parade, but then they made the decision and created MSEP. and then came Spectro. Since then it’s always been the expectation that MK has a light parade. Disneyland attempted to retire their MSEP and failed. Unlike MK they decided to run their daytime parades at night which they have succeeded at keeping most fans happy with onboard float lighting and such, some have said the daytime parades look better at night with the parade route lighting and float lighting. But, regardless, all Disney fans at both WDW and DL Still want a light parade.

TTA94

Soooo what your saying is if they just left it in the same spot as before we would still have Spectro today and there wasn't actually a storage issue?

Not that it matters but I really do wonder if Spectro would still be running today if they had taken better care of it. A part of me feels like they still would have retired it or mothballed it.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Not that it matters but I really do wonder if Spectro would still be running today if they had taken better care of it. A part of me feels like they still would have retired it or mothballed it.
MSEP is 50 Spectro is younger they probably would've kept it running lol

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No

View attachment 738347
I'd never seen a picture of Spectro in storage. This is ridiculous. Thanks for sharing.

doctornick

I think there’s always the question of how MK’s own MSEP would be doing if they kept it instead of it being shipped around and sitting in the bottom of the ocean (?) instead of needing to borrow from DL.

TTA94

MSEP is 50 Spectro is younger they probably would've kept it running lol

Maybe. Just depends on how true it is that those at WDW wanted a light parade gone. If they didn’t then yes Spectro probably would have returned when MSEP went back to Disneyland in 2016. Spectro was still in need of a update and I believe that was the plan until things went horribly wrong. So yeah your right, we may have had a updated Spectro still running.

TTA94

Wouldn’t it be great if Josh stood on stage at Destination D23 and did a nighttime parade history presentation including SpectroMagic and also explaining what really happened to Spectro? Yea they’ll never admit their mistakes or mention SpectroMagic ever again lol. To them MSEP has been the only light parade to exist 🙄. But in all seriousness I do hope IF Josh does make the nighttime parade announcement for WDW that it’s a decent discussion and not just some quick thing like Oh and we’re bring back MSEP to the MK.

stuart

Wouldn’t it be great if Josh stood on stage at Destination D23 and did a nighttime parade history presentation including SpectroMagic and also explaining what really happened to Spectro? Yea they’ll never admit their mistakes or mention SpectroMagic ever again lol. To them MSEP has been the only light parade to exist 🙄. But in all seriousness I do hope IF Josh does make the nighttime parade announcement for WDW that it’s a decent discussion and not just some quick thing like Oh and we’re bring back MSEP to the MK.

Quoting myself from a thread two years ago...

The reaction as the lights go out mid-speech as if an issue in the arena and then the music hits would have been excellent.

A nice bit of theatre, and a nice thought to have as unlikely as it is to happen.

Absolute scenes when Jiminy Cricket strides out to interupt Bob mid speech on Oct 1st to announce the return of Spectro.

scottieRoss

True MK didn’t debut with a light parade, but then they made the decision and created MSEP. and then came Spectro. Since then it’s always been the expectation that MK has a light parade. Disneyland attempted to retire their MSEP and failed. Unlike MK they decided to run their daytime parades at night which they have succeeded at keeping most fans happy with onboard float lighting and such, some have said the daytime parades look better at night with the parade route lighting and float lighting. But, regardless, all Disney fans at both WDW and DL Still want a light parade.
so then it is incorrect to say that Magic Kingdom was always meant to have one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom