MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

doctornick

If D'Amaro says it goes, then it goes - its that simple. TDA can't do much. They can raise concerns but it isn't their decision.

I always thought these kinds of statements were pretty odd anyway since people in leadership move between TDA and TDO all the time. Why would someone at TDA be so resistant to something going to WDW when it's possible that person could be overseeing WDW in a year or two.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
If D'Amaro says it goes, then it goes - its that simple. TDA can't do much. They can raise concerns but it isn't their decision.

Correct - not disagreeing with that. My point was that DL apparently doesn't want to send it, but if it's sent the decision will be forced upon them.

Kamikaze

I always thought these kinds of statements were pretty odd anyway since people in leadership move between TDA and TDO all the time. Why would someone at TDA be so resistant to something going to WDW when it's possible that person could be overseeing WDW in a year or two.
Money. Their resort is the one that funded whatever project we're talking about, so they want to be able to continue to use it. The fix is usually that the other resort has to pay a certain amount to get it, and TDA is probably just looking for a bigger number in this case. Despite it being a huge conglomerate, the individual areas essentially operate as separate companies so exchanges like this have to run through their books. As you said the same thing doesn't happen when a person moves, but we all know that no one sees anything but the immediate future in cases like this, so they don't worry about where they might personally end up in a few years.

pdude81

How about:

New night parade with new tech to MK

PTN to Hollywood Studios
I would hope they just build a new MSEP for WDW with current lighting and tech, but maybe with more current properties that change every few years. I love the dancing snail, but can live without it.

mastromjm

In the Parks
Yes
I would hope they just build a new MSEP for WDW with current lighting and tech, but maybe with more current properties that change every few years. I love the dancing snail, but can live without it.
Also I have always wondered, what the hell do all those dancing bugs have to do with Alice in Wonderland in the first place?

I'm really curious how they are gonna pull this off. Ops is king and it has been said for so many years that they don't want night parade and fireworks in MK together anymore. But for some reason I can't see them seriously considering running a night parade at DHS.

TTA94

How about:

New night parade with new tech to MK

PTN to Hollywood Studios

In the perfect world lol. No doubt PTN would be a better fit for DHS, but the problem, or one of, with DHS is the lack of a decent size parade route. I think PTN would be to popular for DHS and not enough viewing spots.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
In the perfect world lol. No doubt PTN would be a better fit for DHS, but the problem, or one of, with DHS is the lack of a decent size parade route. I think PTN would be to popular for DHS and not enough viewing spots.
If they could run it down Sunset Boulevard than this problem would be solved but I don't think they can unfortunately.

Kamikaze

Also I have always wondered, what the hell do all those dancing bugs have to do with Alice in Wonderland in the first place?

I'm really curious how they are gonna pull this off. Ops is king and it has been said for so many years that they don't want night parade and fireworks in MK together anymore. But for some reason I can't see them seriously considering running a night parade at DHS.
Again, they don't make the decision. The division's higher ups can voice their opinion to those above them, but if they're told they're running a parade, then thats whats happening. Something like this - if MK runs a night parade or not - the decision will be Josh's to make the ultimate call on.

TTA94

Again, they don't make the decision. The division's higher ups can voice their opinion to those above them, but if they're told they're running a parade, then thats whats happening. Something like this - if MK runs a night parade or not - the decision will be Josh's to make the ultimate call on.

And shame on Ops for them not wanting a night parade when MK was always meant to have one. All of them and who made the decision to not replace Spectro and MSEP a long time ago and only have HEA should be fired. Moving forward anyone on the team who is not in favor of a nighttime parade returning to MKs entertainment lineup should be fired.

TTA94

I wonder when they will debut the ___ Parade? Lol. Spring? Summer? Unlike other entertainment we know a debut won’t be any later than Summer due to the seasonal parties.

doctornick

DHS doesn't need a nighttime parade. It needs a great daytime parade and fireworks above the Chinese Theatre again.

Agreed. DHS needs a daytime parade far more than it needs something else at night.

DAK honestly could use both a nighttime show in the theater on the lagoon plus a daytime show or boat "parade" in that area as well.

TTA94

Didn’t someone say awhile back that if WDW was to get PTN or any new nighttime parade it would require a new storage shed backstage? Surely that hasn’t been built yet and definitely couldn’t go under the radar.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Didn’t someone say awhile back that if WDW was to get PTN or any new nighttime parade it would require a new storage shed backstage? Surely that hasn’t been built yet and definitely couldn’t go under the radar.
I don't think they would, they haven't had MSEP in years and the reason Spectro died because MSEP took up the space it used to occupy.

Bocabear

DHS doesn't need a nighttime parade. It needs a great daytime parade and fireworks above the Chinese Theatre again.
Didn't they tear out a lot of the backstage Parade storage area when they were thinking about building SWGE behind Echo Lake area? I thought I remember them doing the prep and then changing locations to the back of the park...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom