MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

Squishy

PTN would drive locals to the park... but I doubt WDW management wants to run the parks late anymore.

Somewhere out there in an office building is a PowerPoint presentation on how moving the Electrical Parade to Animal Kingdom would drive attendance there at night.
Pretty sure there was concept art for what looked like a DAK electrical parade animal themed float accidentally uploaded to an artist's portfolio a while ago

TTA94

My bets are their updating the MSEP lighting to match the newer finale float. Maaybe adding in a different float or two, but I’m not sure id even go that far. That or WDW gets MSEP pretty much as it last was in DL. Theyll of course make a big deal of and promote the new finale float again, which has never been seen by WDW guests 🙄.

I could be wrong but I do not think PTN is coming to WDW, Still. If WDW was to get PTN I’d put more faith in them getting Hong Kong’s set of floats since Hong Kong has yet to return PTN either.

Whatever happens to PTN, just my own speculation, but I do wonder if it will return with some decent size changes, possibly even a new soundtrack. It’s a given the opening narration will change and part of the finale at least.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
So if we are to get PTN at Magic Kingdom what will be done about the Mac float that supposedly can't make the turn at liberty square. (this rumour never made sense to me since the Mac float was able to clear the tight turns at DCA.)

MagicHappens1971

So if we are to get PTN at Magic Kingdom what will be done about the Mac float that supposedly can't make the turn at liberty square. (this rumour never made sense to me since the Mac float was able to clear the tight turns at DCA.)
It will be cut?

I think it has something to do with the bridge not even necessarily the turn. This was discussed back in 2015(?) when the rumors started to swirl about PTN coming to MK.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
My bets are their updating the MSEP lighting to match the newer finale float. Maaybe adding in a different float or two, but I’m not sure id even go that far. That or WDW gets MSEP pretty much as it last was in DL. Theyll of course make a big deal of and promote the new finale float again, which has never been seen by WDW guests 🙄.

I could be wrong but I do not think PTN is coming to WDW, Still. If WDW was to get PTN I’d put more faith in them getting Hong Kong’s set of floats since Hong Kong has yet to return PTN either.

Whatever happens to PTN, just my own speculation, but I do wonder if it will return with some decent size changes, possibly even a new soundtrack. It’s a given the opening narration will change and part of the finale at least.
I don't think they'd get the hong Kong floats, I'm no expert on shipping parades but I imagine it's more expensive to ship a parade from China than California.

Squishy

I dont think liberty square would be a problem, the curve to backstage by Splash is what I wonder about.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
It will be cut?

I think it has something to do with the bridge not even necessarily the turn. This was discussed back in 2015(?) when the rumors started to swirl about PTN coming to MK.
That's a shame, maybe they could replace it with something, they replaced the frozen float with the incredibles float for the DCA run in 2018. But who knows if they're willing to spend that money if they're already going to bring PTN here. But than again all of this might not happen and it could be MSEP.

Squishy

It's a curve though, not a sharp turn. Is Mac harder than the Castle Float? Or the Showboat MK used to have?

For the record, I know nothing about turning floats
Most of the sharp turns like liberty square have a wider area and can be further widened by pushing the guest line back if its a problem, also pretty sure most bigger floats have rear steering I believe. Unsure if Mac would be one of them.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I don't think they'd get the hong Kong floats, I'm no expert on shipping parades but I imagine it's more expensive to ship a parade from China than California.

The cost doesn’t matter. The bigger issue is DL doesn’t want their parades going to Orlando since they don’t come back in good condition and they’re aware of what happened to Spectromagic.

DL apparently isn’t sending another parade east unless they are forced to do so.

jrhwdw

The cost doesn’t matter. The bigger issue is DL doesn’t want their parades going to Orlando since they don’t come back in good condition and they’re aware of what happened to Spectromagic.

DL apparently isn’t sending another parade east unless they are forced to do so.
So if DL is off the table....

DLR should be using MSEP/PTN

If WDW plans continue to go forward...is TDO really building a Night Parade again??????

Any more clues you can share Steve?

TTA94

So if DL is off the table....

DLR should be using MSEP/PTN

If WDW plans continue to go forward...is TDO really building a Night Parade again??????

Any more clues you can share Steve?

If it is a brand new parade the question is should we be scared what now a days US Disney decided to build?
I know Steve Davison designed PTN and while PTN is a overall upbeat and fun parade, it was not designed very well or on the same grand level as prior light parades. The team at Tokyo were the only ones to design a modern light parade with the classic look we all know and love. It remains to be seen if US Disney is capable of building a modern parade in the elaborate classic style.

MagicHappens1971

If it is a brand new parade the question is should we be scared what now a days US Disney decided to build?
I know Steve Davison designed PTN and while PTN is a overall upbeat and fun parade, it was not designed very well or on the same grand level as prior light parades. The team at Tokyo were the only ones to design a modern light parade with the classic look we all know and love. It remains to be seen if US Disney is capable of building a modern parade in the elaborate classic style.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but WDI designs/“builds” everything for all of the parks, no? Yes I know that outside construction companies do the bulk of the the work, but I mean if DreamLights is so fantastic, isn’t it the work of WDI?

I really like PTN but think it’s better suited for a non-castle park.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Correct me if I’m wrong, but WDI designs/“builds” everything for all of the parks, no? Yes I know that outside construction companies do the bulk of the the work, but I mean if DreamLights is so fantastic, isn’t it the work of WDI?

I really like PTN but think it’s better suited for a non-castle park.

Tokyo is what WDI does when they don’t get value engineered down by domestic park management. OLC wants the best for TDR and they’re willing to pay. TWDC wants the minimum acceptable level for the domestic parks (especially WDW) and it shows.

TTA94

Tokyo is what WDI does when they don’t get value engineered down by domestic park management. OLC wants the best for TDR and they’re willing to pay. TWDC wants the minimum acceptable level for the domestic parks (especially WDW) and it shows.

True. It all trickles down to $$$. And they have had a very cheap mindset lately. Which again I say should we be worried what kind of night parade WDW will/did build? Lol. So as sad as it is to say maybe we are better off with MSEP or PTN than something brand new.

Kamikaze

If D'Amaro says it goes, then it goes - its that simple. TDA can't do much. They can raise concerns but it isn't their decision.

PREMiERdrum

WDI designs what is asked of them by the "client"... which is how we end up with things like DCA and TDS coming to be in the same timeframe.

With that said... there was a contract for new modular parade float structures signed shortly before COVID...

jrhwdw

I wouldn't call PTN bad...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom