MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

TTA94

They'd probably wait till after the holidays are over to begin installs, no?

Would not be shocked to see at least some electrical and maybe concrete work before the end of this year.

I mean when people start seeing light towers going up that do not look like the temporary ones in Frontierland for the holidays, especially if their installing them in Towns Square, that is sure to raise some eyebrows that something new is coming.

jrhwdw

I mean when people start seeing light towers going up that do not look like the temporary ones in Frontierland for the holidays, especially if their installing them in Towns Square, that is sure to raise some eyebrows that something new is coming.
Or just a replacement...

TTA94

Or just a replacement...

I don’t think they will replace the hub towers. The ones they use in Frontierland during the seasonal parties are temporary rigs. Hopefully the new permanent ones will be themed for the area. I would assume they will install the same hub towers in the middle of Towns Square. Won’t be the prettiest thing during the day just the like the hub.

SpectroMickey85

I don’t think they will replace the hub towers. The ones they use in Frontierland during the seasonal parties are temporary rigs. Hopefully the new permanent ones will be themed for the area. I would assume they will install the same hub towers in the middle of Towns Square. Won’t be the prettiest thing during the day just the like the hub.

🤣 This WDW. You think they care about views and sight lines now a days? The hub polls have been there for quite some time and nobody has complained about how ugly they look in pictures. Polls around the middle of Towns Square and Frontierland might not look great during the day but it’s not the end of the world. They will be a nice addition at night.

TTA94

Well perhaps we should keep an eye on the permits thread for… some type of electrical work in various areas that are close to the parade route?

And potentially anything backstage that could be related to the parade. Remains to be seen if the current storage facility is sufficient.

Last edited:

The Leader of the Club

And potentially anything backstage that could be related to the parade. Remains to be seen if the current storage facility is sufficient.
That would likely depend on if any of the FoF and the Holiday parades units are disposed of. They could at least clear up room by finally tossing the Merida & Tick Tock units that are still sitting back there.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Well perhaps we should keep an eye on the permits thread for… some type of electrical work in various areas that are close to the parade route?

Wasn't the whole parade storage issue because they had no room to store Main Street electrical parade and Spectromagic? They only had room for one nighttime parade right? Now that they have none they theoretically should have the necessary storage for a nighttime parade right? Unless something changed? In 2016 they had everything they have now including FOF + MSEP. So shouldn't they still have room from the empty space of msep?

The Leader of the Club

I think it was said that Merida was being used for parts?

Is Tic Tock still in BTY?
I saw both units were still being stored back there as of last month. Along with this old chap from Main Street…
1717191681125.jpeg

TTA94

Wasn't the whole parade storage issue because they had no room to store Main Street electrical parade and Spectromagic? They only had room for one nighttime parade right? Now that they have none they theoretically should have the necessary storage for a nighttime parade right? Unless something changed? In 2016 they had everything they have now including FOF + MSEP. So shouldn't they still have room from the empty space of msep?

Someone else can answer this better what the current situation is. Overall they definitely need to protect their new parade investment.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I'm sorry but if the reason for not returning FOF to full is just "money" that's absolutely unacceptable for a company claiming to be "turbocharging" investment and one that is investing in entertainment right now with things like this new nighttime parade, the drone show, and some of the new entertainment in Epcot yet we can't get back the original FOF? It's unacceptable.

MagicHappens1971

I'm sorry but if the reason for not returning FOF to full is just "money" that's absolutely unacceptable for a company claiming to be "turbocharging" investment and one that is investing in entertainment right now with things like this new nighttime parade, the drone show, and some of the new entertainment in Epcot yet we can't get back the original FOF? It's unacceptable.
It’s not the same thing. FoFs entertainment cuts was a TDO / MK leadership level decision. These new entertainment offerings are likely being paid for as CapEx projects. FoF was cut when it returned and has never been restored because they have been spending less to run the parade, to add things now (return to normal) would be an increase in operating expenses.

I’m not defending them, but this is corporate America.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom