MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

TTA94

The Lighting Package is more for Party Parades than a MSEP/Spectro style Parade correct? It's just the Intro and Outro that would use it.....
Unless we're getting a Daytime Parade after Dark......

For years now they have put up temporary lighting on top of the rooftop and along the parade route. I assume permanently installing them will not necessarily be done just for the new parade but for the seasonal entertainment, DAH and special events, added lighting for HEA. IMO this should have been done a long time ago.

easyrowrdw

Sure, it will generate some buzz and will make fans talk for a bit. But... Is a new night parade at MK really going to tilt anything Disney's way in 2025?

Universal: "We are opening Epic Universe!"

Disney: "We have a new parade! And the re-opening of Test Track 3.0!"

Methinks the scales are still tilting towards Uni here.
I agree. If they think this will grab headlines away from Universal, I think they’re delusional. Still, I’ll be glad to have a nighttime parade back. It’s long overdue.

doctornick

I agree. If they think this will grab headlines away from Universal, I think they’re delusional. Still, I’ll be glad to have a nighttime parade back. It’s long overdue.
I don’t think it’s for “headlines” but more so to either (1) offer an interesting option for locals if Uni is too crowded or otherwise annoying or (2) inspire people to add days or return to Disney they otherwise wouldn’t on a trip. It’s not meant to get people to say “forget Epic Universe, Disney has a new light parade, I’ll go there instead”.

jrhwdw

I don’t think it’s for “headlines” but more so to either (1) offer an interesting option for locals if Uni is too crowded or otherwise annoying or (2) inspire people to add days or return to Disney they otherwise wouldn’t on a trip. It’s not meant to get people to say “forget Epic Universe, Disney has a new light parade, I’ll go there instead”.
Also....

We don't know if EU will have Big Nighttime Entertainment. So people(most likely Orlando APs) might do EU early or most of the day and at MK for HEA/Night Parade. ESP if what we get is close to Spectro...

This should have been corrected long ago!!! MSEP left MK for DL in Oct 2016, and just let OUAT & Wishes/HEA carry MK Nights till March 2020! Crazy!!

Comped

Also....

We don't know if EU will have Big Nighttime Entertainment. So people(most likely Orlando APs) might do EU early or most of the day and at MK for HEA/Night Parade. ESP if what we get is close to Spectro...

This should have been corrected long ago!!! MSEP left MK for DL in Oct 2016, and just let OUAT & Wishes/HEA carry MK Nights till March 2020! Crazy!!
I don't think Untrainable, or whatever they're calling it, will run too late into the evening. It's the kind of show Equity will not let too many performances happen of per day. I'd expect a fireworks show or something (the park really isn't designed for a parade), but I don't know if that'll pull people like a new nighttime parade at MK could.

easyrowrdw

Headlines was stated by someone who appears to have inside knowledge in a previous comment.
In any event, this is happening and it arguably their best chance at grabbing headlines against EU.

PREMiERdrum

Headlines was stated by someone who appears to have inside knowledge in a previous comment.
The mouse knows EU will provide an uptick in theme park tourists in Central Florida. They're leaning on some new entertainment and the buzz from visible construction to lasso as many of those visitors down I-4 as possible.
So basically we should be expecting the Disneyland look with lighting polls installed throughout the parade route?
I would expect a lower profile install compared to DL... and, while it's just a hunch, more globed movers than the regular LED PARs we're used to.

Squishy

Hopefully at least some are telescoping poles.
The mouse knows EU will provide an uptick in theme park tourists in Central Florida. They're leaning on some new entertainment and the buzz from visible construction to lasso as many of those visitors down I-4 as possible.

I would expect a lower profile install compared to DL... and, while it's just a hunch, more globed movers than the regular LED PARs we're used to.
I assume the ones on the rooftops will stay telescoping meanwhile the rest will be similar to the poles in the hub. Kind of knocks out two birds in one stone as they will no longer keep having to put up and then store away the lighting rigs for the seasonal parades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom