MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Maybe it could be that MK is actually looking towards the future while most of us here are only looking at the present? Personally, I take silence as golden and an indicator that things are still moving in the right direction vs. us getting a reply and it being one that puts the nail in the coffin, as it has been historically for this topic of conversation. Maybe that's just me. 🤷‍♂️
They should have been thinking of the future more in the past. We are now in a period with not much of anything new coming for years and while prices continue to soar and bookings are down, that’s not good timing.

They should have been thinking of the future more in the past. We are now in a period with not much of anything new coming for years and while prices continue to soar and bookings are down, that’s not good timing.

star wars lack of faith GIF

There's an elephant in the room regarding the neighbor up the street. One would be foolish to think that there is absolutely nothing currently in the works to counteract that. And, I'm not talking cupcakes and spirit jerseys, we get those every other week it seems. With D23 Expo the 2nd half of this year and some sort of Epicness opening in 2025, I believe that the 2nd half of this year into 2025 is promising for some news that'll put this thread to rest once and for all... we all need to have a little faith, trust, and pixie dust!

MagicHappens1971

There's an elephant in the room regarding the neighbor up the street. One would be foolish to think that there is absolutely nothing currently in the works to counteract that. And, I'm not talking cupcakes and spirit jerseys, we get those every other week it seems. With D23 Expo the 2nd half of this year and some sort of Epicness opening in 2025, I believe that the 2nd half of this year into 2025 is promising for some news that'll put this thread to rest once and for all... we all need to have a little faith, trust, and pixie dust!
There isn’t though. “Announcing” something isn’t enough. If they wanted something to “counteract” they would’ve broken ground years ago. Disney does not care about Epic.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

I think you’re forgetting things take way longer to build at Disney than Uni. Anything announced later this year (if at all) will take another ~5 years to build which also gives them plenty of time to cut the budgets and get scaled down versions of original sketches.

The last 2 D23s while knowing Epic is coming they only gave us sketches to make it look like they actually have a plan that big expansion is going to happen when it was nothing more than art to fill time.

Disney always has plans in the works along with a massive amount of plans and ideas from the past, but actually seeing them commit to anything and build it is questionable then how long it takes is ridiculous.

pdude81

And they can't really stop people from flooding EU in summer 2025 at this point. I think they will talk about a few refurbs and parade returns this summer (plus the already announced DAK updates), while saving the big stuff for 2025. Hopefully I'm way off on that prediction

MagicHappens1971

And they can't really stop people from flooding EU in summer 2025 at this point. I think they will talk about a few refurbs and parade returns this summer (plus the already announced DAK updates), while saving the big stuff for 2025. Hopefully I'm way off on that prediction
I don’t mean to come across as an attack, but there is no point in “saving the big stuff” that means they’re going to announce it in 2025 and maybe open it by 2028 (if we’re lucky). Let’s be realistic.

There isn’t though. “Announcing” something isn’t enough. If they wanted something to “counteract” they would’ve broken ground years ago. Disney does not care about Epic.
Do we forget that there's things in their arsenal other than buildings and attractions. Afterall, this thread alone is regarding a parade... isn't it?

Yeah. A new parade is not a counter to a brand new theme park. It’s replacing something that they removed like 8 years ago without a replacement
I just pointed out the topic of the thread. But, to your logic - Anything new that is replacing something isn't considered new? 🤔 I would have to respectfully disagree.

All I'm saying is that we have seen entertainment offerings used in the past as a draw. While I agree that it won't stop people from visiting EU, we've seen instances where the tactic has been successfully used in the past to take up economic bandwith and draw attention and some of the buzz back to WDW.

Sure, a brand new park is exciting! Can't discount that one bit, but I also have faith and confidence that we will see WDW provide something new (whether its a replacement of something current/from the past or whether it be net new), around the same time that EU opens.

That is all.

Indy_UK

There was a time… when I had optimism like you. Those were the days

pdude81

I don’t mean to come across as an attack, but there is no point in “saving the big stuff” that means they’re going to announce it in 2025 and maybe open it by 2028 (if we’re lucky). Let’s be realistic.
I'm saying I think they lost this round (and probably the previous 2), so there is no point in announcing things now they won't really build until they sort out the RCID/CFTOD development agreements. The usual playbook of vague optimism and foreign investment seems likely to continue.

I think you’re forgetting things take way longer to build at Disney than Uni. Anything announced later this year (if at all) will take another ~5 years to build which also gives them plenty of time to cut the budgets and get scaled down versions of original sketches.

The last 2 D23s while knowing Epic is coming they only gave us sketches to make it look like they actually have a plan that big expansion is going to happen when it was nothing more than art to fill time.

Disney always has plans in the works along with a massive amount of plans and ideas from the past, but actually seeing them commit to anything and build it is questionable then how long it takes is ridiculous.
I can agree that Disney building anything certainly is a very slow and painfully long process.

MagicHappens1971

I'm saying I think they lost this round (and probably the previous 2), so there is no point in announcing things now they won't really build until they sort out the RCID/CFTOD development agreements.
I don’t think this has anything to do with it. Disney has not announced anything new of substance anywhere. Either finishing construction projects (Frozen @ HKDL & DLP for example) that have been underway for years or building in Tokyo which has nothing to do with Disney.

doctornick

I just pointed out the topic of the thread. But, to your logic - Anything new that is replacing something isn't considered new? 🤔 I would have to respectfully disagree.

All I'm saying is that we have seen entertainment offerings used in the past as a draw. While I agree that it won't stop people from visiting EU, we've seen instances where the tactic has been successfully used in the past to take up economic bandwith and draw attention and some of the buzz back to WDW.

Sure, a brand new park is exciting! Can't discount that one bit, but I also have faith and confidence that we will see WDW provide something new (whether its a replacement of something current/from the past or whether it be net new), around the same time that EU opens.

That is all.

I agree. While there is little they could do to truly counteract Epic at this point, they could certainly provide decent reasons for out of town guests or locals to also visit Disney. Entertainment is really the big lever that they have to pull in that regard that could be up for 2025. While I don't expect anything, certainly offerings like a light parade at MK, a daytime parade at DHS and/or a nighttime show at DAK are all options that could be used to advertise and bring in guests.

Last edited:

aladdin2007

I agree. While there is little they could do to truly counteract Epic at this point, they could certainly provide decent reasons for out of town guests or locals to also visit Disney. Entertainment is really the big level that they have in that regard that could be up for 2025. While I don't expect anything, certainly offerings like a light parade at MK, a daytime parade at DHS and/or a nighttime show at DAK are all options that could be used to advertise and bring in guests.
and remember, they didn't relocate the head of Disneyland Paris entertainment (may not be the exact proper title I know but you all know what I mean) here to WDW last fall for nothing....

jrhwdw

and remember, they didn't relocate the head of Disneyland Paris entertainment (may not be the exact proper title I know but you all know what I mean) here to WDW last fall for nothing....
True however, He may have no experience with how to build a New Night Parade. DLP hasn't has one since Fanti's last Summer in 2012....

aladdin2007

True however, He may have no experience with how to build a New Night Parade. DLP hasn't has one since Fanti's last Summer in 2012....
fair enough, and we don't know the reasons exactly for that relocation but has to be for some substantial things, and not just a cavalcade. I believe Davidson is the one with that experience wasn't Paint the Night his?

TTA94

fair enough, and we don't know the reasons exactly for that relocation but has to be for some substantial things, and not just a cavalcade. I believe Davidson is the one with that experience wasn't Paint the Night his?

Yeah Paint The Night was Davisons work. I would assume he will be in charge of a new night parade at WDW as well, IF one happens. Paint The Night currently sounds like it’s going to be DLs Anniversary parade yet again in 2025, but MSEP? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom