MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

LittleBuford

Those "creatures" are called Spectromen who were characters created exclusively for that parade. There is even an entire backstory to these characters and relationship with Mickey Mouse according to Cast Members that worked on the parade.
I meant no offence! It’s all in good fun.

Unbanshee

Bringing back a fireworks show to DHS would be cheaper and less labor-intensive.

Star Wars: Galactic Spectacular did have limited high pyro (when it last performed in 2020), but it still had plenty of pyro overall.

They have recently plussed Wonderful World of Animation with more low pyro, so maybe this is a sign of things to come for HS.

I've watched a few recent uploads to youtube and don't see any changes or upgrades. Do you have video?

In the Parks
No
Those "creatures" are called Spectromen who were characters created exclusively for that parade. There is even an entire backstory to these characters and relationship with Mickey Mouse according to Cast Members that worked on the parade.
Can you share what the backstory is? I've never heard it, and I'm a SpectroMagic apologist!

TTA94

I know some found the Spectromen to be creepy but they were one of my favorite parts of the parade! I hated when they changed the faces though and also the original metallic sounds were way better.

The orbs in PTN are of course very similar to SpectroMagic but I don’t care for the lighting on them. They should have scattered the lights more instead and put more of them. But that goes for PTN in general. Cool parade and fun but it could’ve been designed a little bit better IMO. I know PTN was Steve Davison’s creation. Btw is he even still with Disney? After everything that’s happened since Covid.

TTA94

One of the many things I miss about Spectro is the fog effect from Mickeys float. It was so cool when there was no breeze or wind and it filled the street with fog. It’s to bad PTN doesn’t have fog effects like that.

gerarar

Premium Member
I've watched a few recent uploads to youtube and don't see any changes or upgrades. Do you have video?
The mines in the beginning during Mickeys premiere [1] permanently returned (was there in 2021 when the show returned but dissappeared shortly afterwards).
And more mines were added in the finale after Mickey says "...it's only the beginning!" and Mickey's tune plays [2]. Also some fans in addition to the comets.

[1]

[2]

From late Feb, the finale didn't have these enhancements:

Last edited:

brb1006

I meant no offence! It’s all in good fun.
None taken, just giving some information for folks unfamiliar with the parade outside the WDW community.
Can you share what the backstory is? I've never heard it, and I'm a SpectroMagic apologist!
Here's the official backstory for SpectroMagic.

"The Spectromen are keepers of light that come from a land called "LightSpriation". It was Mickey's suggestion that they join him and the other characters for a parade, and they initially had a little stage fright before finally working up the courage to accept the offer. Mickey Mouse, along with the Spectromen, who together create the power of "SpectroMagic". The names of the ones on the four balls are Hyper-Chic, Lo-Ball, Rapper and Opera."

TTA94

To bad the Fantillusion Parade floats are not still around, at least I don’t think they are.

I also wonder if Tokyo saved any older Dreamlights floats that they swapped out over the years.

TTA94

Slightly off subject but FoF still isn’t doing so great. Still missing the Pinocchio finale float and the horribly cut finale music. Surely they could come up with something better or re record it.
I do not expect them to replace FoF And bring back a nighttime parade, but they could at least give FoF a slight overhaul.

Touchdown

Slightly off subject but FoF still isn’t doing so great. Still missing the Pinocchio finale float and the horribly cut finale music. Surely they could come up with something better or re record it.
I do not expect them to replace FoF And bring back a nighttime parade, but they could at least give FoF a slight overhaul.
On that note Zip is featured heavily in the Mickey segment of PTN. It will also suffer if/when it comes back.

aladdin2007

a replacement parade all together is what it needs, its ran its course.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
thats sad... they need to bring back the Merida float and all the performers and fix that dang parade

don't make them get out the 'ol glass castle float again lol

TTA94

thats sad... they need to bring back the Merida float and all the performers and fix that dang parade

don't make them get out the 'ol glass castle float again lol

Yeah FoF overall is a mess. The opening float looks like crap with that green ribbon around it and the same green material is used for the bushes. Some damage must have happened to the float which is why they did that, and it shows.

From the state the parade is in youd think it’s days are numbered and that’s why they don’t care to fix it. Probably far from it though.

Brian

From the state the parade is in youd think it’s days are numbered and that’s why they don’t care to fix it.
*clears throat*

EcWGz4nWoAAXkLg.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom