MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

TTA94

Not sure about that. All I can say is the plan was always for MSEP to do another limited engagement at Disneyland this year. Paint the Night will require more time from being in storage so it’s said they won’t make the 2023 timeframe.

I wonder what the plan is for PTNs twin.

TTA94

At one point wasn't it rumored to go to Disneyland Paris?

Not sure about Paris, that might be a question for @marni1971 . As for HK I think I read they can’t, or don’t want to, run PTN because of the popularity of Momentous. HK still doesn’t have a daytime parade either so not sure what’s going on there.

Touchdown

The writing is on the wall folks, this ain’t happening this year. There would have already needed to be auditions and rehearsals starting for a June debut, which there isn’t. WDW is not going to debut a MK evening parade after June because of the upcoming party season. So 2023 is out, WDW rarely debuts anything new prior to March so I think we can also rule out a winter 2024 start, which means we have a whole year before this would debut.

MagicHappens1971

The writing is on the wall folks, this ain’t happening this year. There would have already needed to be auditions and rehearsals starting for a June debut, which there isn’t. WDW is not going to debut a MK evening parade after June because of the upcoming party season. So 2023 is out, WDW rarely debuts anything new prior to March so I think we can also rule out a winter 2024 start, which means we have a whole year before this would debut.
We don’t usually agree on much, but I agree with you here. This would’ve be a great tactic to boost the supposedly low summer crowds.

A new nighttime parade isn’t coming to MK this year, maybe it’ll be announced before the end of the year, maybe even at Destination D, but definitely won’t debut until 2024.

Theyll need a Spring/Summer marketing push and a nighttime parade would be great.

TTA94

Yeah definitely not going to be this year. The fall would have been nice to go along with Epcots new nighttime show opening, but that won’t happen because of MKs parties. Now DHS would be able to have a parade this fall, but I’m very skeptical of that whole idea.

The rumor was mainly for 2024 anyway. It’s the question of when we’ll get official confirmation and what parade.

pdude81

Heck just bring the Electrical Parade back to Magic Kingdom AND put Paint The Night at Hollywood Studios :)
200.gif

Now you're talkin

TTA94

I know Wikipedia is definitely not a trusted source but for HKs PTN it says 2023 reopening Temporary then says Hong Kong Tourism Board announced that Paint the Night will be a part of Happy Hong Kong event?

I tried to look up that event but couldn’t find anything, so it’s probably not true?

hismattjesty

I know Wikipedia is definitely not a trusted source but for HKs PTN it says 2023 reopening Temporary then says Hong Kong Tourism Board announced that Paint the Night will be a part of Happy Hong Kong event?

I tried to look up that event but couldn’t find anything, so it’s probably not true?
The Lightning McQueen and Mack units of the parade did just "greet" runners during the 10K weekend in March. I could find nothing about the Happy Hong Kong event though. Could be a shred of credence to that rumor I guess.

TTA94

Idk if there is any truth to this but figured it might be a better fit for this thread than the Rumor Tracker.

RumorSquad, Assemble!

Recently I've got a bad case of procrastination and as a result haven't updated this. I've seen a few new interesting rumors - but that was only from a barebones check. The important ones:

DHS might be in play for a new parade (MIGHT)
PtN has been speculated as a new MK/DHS after it comes back from HK
Starcruiser is dead (Closing in September), That Other Site is saying it'll reopen with the same theming but as just a normal hotel
Lake Nona is dead
Rumors that Zootopia may have overtaken Moana for Phase 1 of the DAK expansion

Any others I'm missing?

TTA94

Not that simple. TDA & TDO had this type of arrangement under the “One Disney” leadership that the US parks had. That dissolved many years ago but moving something from Hong Kong to WDW is not that simple.

I mean Tokyo has shipped parade floats to WDW before. But might be different for Hong Kong.

It does seem a bit far fetched that PTN would run both at DL and WDW. Of course many moons ago both DL and WDW had their own MSEP.

jrhwdw

I mean Tokyo has shipped parade floats to WDW before. But might be different for Hong Kong.

It does seem a bit far fetched that PTN would run both at DL and WDW. Of course many moons ago both DL and WDW had their own MSEP.
1977-1991.............

1985-1991 for DL/MK/TDL............Not Impossible...

Boy I miss those days!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course....I thought we were back to that Standard in 2015-2016 with PTN in DL Park and MSEP in MK.....That didn't last long!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom