MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

MagicHappens1971

A lot of people say this about some of the attractions around the park. Country bears, small world. COP. I see no reason why a well cared for parade can’t have the same legacy. Especially since it has a new finale and has gotten multiple upgrades over the years.
I personally feel that entertainment isn’t the same as an attraction. Also to say that the parade has been well maintained wouldn’t exactly be the truth. TDO did a poor job at up keeping the parade, and it lost floats on its most recent trip to Disneyland.

I personally think MK deserves a brand new, unique nighttime parade. There’s no reason to trot out the nostalgia parade again.

Touchdown

I’d prefer a new parade but I too am constantly surprised at the negative comments from some regarding MSEP. It’s a classic and a part of Disney Parks nostalgia the same as many attractions that many feel are untouchable.
Have you seen any of the newer Disney parades? Because I have and they are all so much better than the Christmas tree lights on wire mesh parade with occasional fog machine. Night and Day better. It’s embarrassing this keeps getting hauled out.

brb1006

I’d prefer a new parade but I too am constantly surprised at the negative comments from some regarding MSEP. It’s a classic and a part of Disney Parks nostalgia the same as many attractions that many feel are untouchable.
A lot of WDW fans are still angry at MSEP due to the fate of Spectromagic (which was WDW's only electrical parade) since MSEP was originally planned for a Summer 2010 run only.

TTA94

It seems to look fine for the “new” finally unit. I mean more in the newer lights they use for that unit

I mean they can basically pull a cheap version of Tokyos Dreamlights by changing all the lighting on the existing floats and add in a few new floats with more recent characters. Hopefully build a new Blue Fairy opening float because Casey Jr does not cut it as the opening float, or least build a new Casey Jr and Drum float and make it bigger.

Or better yet just do what we all want and rebuild SpectroMagic! How awesome it would be to hear that soundtrack play over the MK speakers again! It’ll never happen but we can dream.

doctornick

Dreamlights would be a welcome addition to the Magic Kingdom. Old yet new. Something to think about: Dreamlights has been running longer in Tokyo than Spectro's entire run! Spectro got a combined 17 year run, while Dreamlights (with updates) is entering it's 22 year!
Well that’s basically what PTN would be for WDW - familiar but something new. And it’s just sitting in storage unused.

But sure clone Dreamlights. That’s also a great idea.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom