MSEP ending at Disneyland on Sept 1, WDW return in 2023?

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I’m right there with you. I’m genuinely surprised at how much people here seem to dislike it.
The Disney Parks fan community isn't exactly known for its taste, tbh. People who hate MSEP are in the same category of people who hate HEA or hated IllumiNations; the "do not take their opinions on quality seriously" category.

brb1006

The Disney Parks fan community isn't exactly known for its taste, tbh. People who hate MSEP are in the same category of people who hate HEA or hated IllumiNations; the "do not take their opinions on quality seriously" category.
Or because Walt Disney World used to have an electrical parade of it's own.
FD633AvX0AASAxy.jpg

WDW fans are still not over the fate of that parade.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I personally feel that entertainment isn’t the same as an attraction. Also to say that the parade has been well maintained wouldn’t exactly be the truth. TDO did a poor job at up keeping the parade, and it lost floats on its most recent trip to Disneyland.

I personally think MK deserves a brand new, unique nighttime parade. There’s no reason to trot out the nostalgia parade again.

I mean, I think a new night parade would be the best option, but I wouldn't hate MSEP returning. MSEP > no night parade at MK.

which was WDW's only electrical parade

Well, considering MSEP ran for years at MK before SpectroMagic was even created...

TTA94

Looking back in this thread, I guess it wasn’t That long ago that @wdwmagic said Things with nighttime parades are happening and that WDW is a part of it and not just Disneyland. Guess we just need to be patient and hope plans don’t change.

I wish @wdwmagic was able to comment and elaborate on what he meant by The content and Location may not be accurate of “that sites” rumor of MSEP coming to WDW and PTN returning to DL in 2024.

And what @LiterallyNobody said that: Its not MSEP, at least as you know it. Assuming he/she is a insider.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Looking back in this thread, I guess it wasn’t That long ago that @wdwmagic said Things with nighttime parades are happening and that WDW is a part of it and not just Disneyland. Guess we just need to be patient and hope plans don’t change.

I wish @wdwmagic was able to comment and elaborate on what he meant by The content and Location may not be accurate of “that sites” rumor of MSEP coming to WDW and PTN returning to DL in 2024.

And what @LiterallyNobody said that: Its not MSEP, at least as you know it. Assuming he/she is an insider.
Sounds like Paint the Night to me

Squishy

And what @LiterallyNobody said that: Its not MSEP, at least as you know it. Assuming he/she is a insider.
In another thread he hinted that DHS may have parades in the future so it may be DHS if two insiders hinted at the location being wrong.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
In another thread he hinted that DHS may have parades in the future so it may be DHS if two insiders hinted at the location being wrong.
I’m not sure DHS works, the parade route isn’t that long and they already have Fantasmic which is almost always full (at least for the first showing). Although PTN does fit the vibe of DHS better than MK if that’s what they’re doing.

Squishy

I’m not sure DHS works, the parade route isn’t that long and they already have Fantasmic which is almost always full (at least for the first showing)
DHS doesn't have a fireworks show anymore like it had pre covid so they could be trying to fill the void or it could be he was talking about a daytime parade for the park.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
DHS doesn't have a fireworks show anymore like it had pre covid so they could be trying to fill the void or it could be he was talking about a daytime parade for the park.
DHS does technically have a fireworks show in The Wonderful World Of animation, it’s certainly a show that exists… the old Star Wars show had very limited pyro before the pandemic since I believe they removed the big lunch site for Galaxy’s Edge to be built (I could be wrong it might be there I don’t know)

TTA94

I don’t see how DHS could run a nighttime parade. The parade route is way to short unless they could rework the parade route somehow? A parade going down Sunset Boulevard wouldn’t be bad, but no backstage access I don’t think. Either way I think having a nighttime parade there would require a Lot of work and possibly a major overhaul and they sure as heck are not going to do that, even though DHS could use it in several areas, but that’s a different subject for a different thread.

brb1006

I mean, I think a new night parade would be the best option, but I wouldn't hate MSEP returning. MSEP > no night parade at MK.

Well, considering MSEP ran for years at MK before SpectroMagic was even created...
I meant that Spectromagic was the only electrical parade exclusive to WDW that wasn't a copy of MSEP.

gerarar

Premium Member
Bringing back a fireworks show to DHS would be cheaper and less labor-intensive.

Star Wars: Galactic Spectacular did have limited high pyro (when it last performed in 2020), but it still had plenty of pyro overall.

They have recently plussed Wonderful World of Animation with more low pyro, so maybe this is a sign of things to come for HS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom